SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I'd open your transmitter and look carefully to see whether the wires that you installed might be shorting against pins that they're not supposed to be shorting against. Maybe open it up and take a close-up picture of your work and post it here? We might be able to find a problem.

Do you have a S107G as well? You can fly the 800G with that transmitter and then you could see whether the 800G is the problem or your 800G transmitter is the problem...
Had this same issue. Checked heli, all good. Opened TX and found one of my jumpers was speared by a solder point on PCB. I had re-opened my TX to put the black plastic backer in and found I'd pinched the wire between the screw stand off and the PCB. Hot glued wire in a safe spot. Closed up, no more issues.
The heli would take aileron one way, but not the other.
Happy flying !!!
Mojoman56 is offline Find More Posts by Mojoman56
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Hmmm...I might want to tape my wires down now that you mention it. I certainly don't want to short my only 800 TX out either!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Apr 2009
62 Posts
You guys are good.

One of the wires came off. While fixing the other end popped off and pulled the pad - After some work it has been re-soldered. I will try it out as soon as the Batt charges and I have some free time

Used stiff wire to jump because it was readily available - That'll learn me.
Capatosta is offline Find More Posts by Capatosta
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Apr 2009
62 Posts
Its a little squirrelly but it does now hover.

During/After a move FWD/BCK or LEFT /RIGHT it tends to oscillate a bit and I have to fight to get it back

I might have to put it away and buy a V911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capatosta View Post
You guys are good.

One of the wires came off. While fixing the other end popped off and pulled the pad - After some work it has been re-soldered. I will try it out as soon as the Batt charges and I have some free time

Used stiff wire to jump because it was readily available - That'll learn me.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Have you tried lengthening the TX sticks? I've heard that something filing down some plastic golf tees helps to make it a bit more controllable. Any flybarred heli is going to "ring" a bit if the servos snap back one way or another. Smooth transitions definitely work better and the 800S transmitter does not make it easy to do smooth transitions with its short sticks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Apr 2009
62 Posts
Update

I moved the linkages back to the inner holes and it seems smoother now

- Come to think of it the 1st time I moved to the outer holes It got squirrelly. I thought it was me and my skils but 3 other had issues and I can do OK with my Walkera V400D02

I still want the V411 or something similar if y'all have any suggestion - Looking for inexpensive 4 Ch for indoor and occasional outdoor

Quote:
Its a little squirrelly but it does now hover.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
V911 all the way for an inexpensive and robust 4ch FP heli. Best value for your money and it's lots of fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Apr 2009
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
V911 all the way for an inexpensive and robust 4ch FP heli. Best value for your money and it's lots of fun.
Xheli.com will ship for 53.xx Amazon.com will ship for 45.xx Know of any better pricing

How does one watch out for clones and is getting a clone that bad ?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Try banggood.com or tmart.com.

There's a whole thread in the FP forum devoted to "where to buy your V911", actually. Ping me if you can't find it. Thre's lots of good info there.

Anyway, let's move the V911 discussion to the appropriate thread. I don't want to unnecessarily hijack this thread away from discussing the S800G
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,635 Posts
Quote:
Xheli.com will ship for 53.xx Amazon.com will ship for 45.xx Know of any better pricing

How does one watch out for clones and is getting a clone that bad?
You could stop worrying there, because V911 is a clone.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Sep 2011
203 Posts
Removable battery for s800g

After being frustrated by 7 minute flights then 1 hour waits for recharging I decided to try modifying the battery for quick replacement. I cut the leads fairly short at the battery end, soldered on short lengths of slightly heavier guage silicone and then added a jst mini male connector. On the heli I used the mating female jst mini connector. Now with my parallell jst charge lead I can charge 3 lipo's at 2c (0.3amps) in 30 mins. Then when I fly I can get 3x8 minute flights by changing the battery easily., aghhhhhhhh.
I used silicone leads on the battery to make it more flexible and a bit sturdier and easier to crimp the jst. It's quite a snug fit but the canopy does fit over it o.k as there's plenty of room in the nose. Hasn't affected the c.o.g at all.
See pics below for detail.

P.S. the battery is attached with velcro, a piece glued to battery bottom and the other piece to the heli battery tray.
P.P.S charging at 2c seems o.k battery doesn't get warm at all.

Attachment 5381273
brianvc is offline Find More Posts by brianvc
Last edited by brianvc; Dec 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Sep 2011
203 Posts
forward/reverse trim control

The s800g has a thumb wheel on the controller to trim side to side movement but nothing for backwards or forwards. But if you locate which servo controls forward or backward movement, the one on the right if you view the heli approaching you. Then you can pop the servo arm off the ball on the swash plate and it's a simple matter unscrew or screw in to lengthen or shorten the arm, thus altering the trim then pop it back on.
Once you've got this right it shouldn't alter providing you dont alter the c.o.g by changing anything.
brianvc is offline Find More Posts by brianvc
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, MS, Jackson
Joined Dec 2012
36 Posts
SUCCESS !!!!!!! after ordering the HeliZone Syma S107 / S107G upgrade battery 3.7v 240 Mah with heat shrink tube, and taking my first stab at soldering. i now have a FREE s800g that flies !!!!!! I ordered the battery from Amazon for a grand total of $2.01 on sale. it was shipped from Haley R us and came remarkably fast for amazon. i soldered it on and bam pretty lights, then i stuck the cockpit back on and i was up in the air. the only difference was it was a little front heavy with the heavier battery but after adding a couple lead weights to the tail it was solid as a rock. yall were right the shrink tube provided was terrible but i tried it any way and had to cut it off. the only other thing was i cant use the s800g alternate cockpit that looks like this

but that is a small price to pay for a free heli with a battery upgrade. maybe i will mess around with it and see if i can get it to fit but right now im good with a running heli. maybe i will get the shark head cockpit and stick that one on there lol.

thanks again guys with yalls assistance in helping me diagnose this problem and fixing it.

this is the link to the battery i purchased
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MQ7QV0/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

and this is the link to the solder kit i got from radioshack
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062758

now to mod the Tx and lengthen the sticks
Tewhitte is offline Find More Posts by Tewhitte
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Congratulations!!! Sounds like a job well done.

Halley R Us has always been a good vendor for me as well. I try to use them if they're an option.

Where did you get that picture of the alternate canopy? That looks like a S107G canopy with S800G lettering on it. My S800G came with a white and black canopy but it's angular rather than rounded like the one above.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:06 PM
United States, MS, Jackson
Joined Dec 2012
36 Posts
yea the s800g i got off ebay came with the black and red angular canopy and the blue and white canopy. the actual heli had the s107g looking one on it when it arrived and the other 2 were extras. upon further research it looks like the s107g looking canopy was the extra canopy that came with the blue shark s800g. here are some ebay sales that show it as a package deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Syma-S800G-4...item27c453f139

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Syma-S800G-4...item43b6e58adc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-USA-SYM...item1c26c00003

if someone has the shark set that they dont want i would be interested in trading it

btw i will definitely be using haley r us again very nice experience. and with this new battery this think explodes up and is very fast and responsive. the throttle is really sensitive haha but not to bad.
Tewhitte is offline Find More Posts by Tewhitte