HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Did this mod a week ago. What a difference !!! If you can solder, try it, you'll like it.
Great, cheap, fun heli to fly.
After the mod, I found the S800 very responsive and controllable at higher rates and with the servo control rods in the outer holes. Roll seemed much smoother too, now being on the pitch side.
And I don't get screwed up going from the S800 to the V 911 anymore.
Thank you !!!
Mojoman56 is offline Find More Posts by Mojoman56
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:50 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoman56 View Post
Did this mod a week ago. What a difference !!! If you can solder, try it, you'll like it.
After the mod, I found the S800 very responsive and controllable at higher rates and with the servo control rods in the outer holes. Roll seemed much smoother too, now being on the pitch side.
And I don't get screwed up going from the S800 to the V 911 anymore.
Thank you !!!
Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you have a chance, do you think you could post a few pictures of your PCB after doing the mod? It would be good to see some other people's pix for reference.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
does anyone know if the landing skid is interchangeable with the 107g? its hard to find them for the 800 and most are on backorder. they look exactly the same. just want to know before i order
RavoHimself is offline Find More Posts by RavoHimself
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Name: S800TX PCB mod 001.jpg
Views: 303
Size: 170.5 KB
Description: Not the greatest pics, but it works. Makes sense after tracing out the circuit on the PCB.

Name: S800TX PCB mod 002.jpg
Views: 292
Size: 185.1 KB
Description: You can see this cut circuit by the copper showing on the board between the two solder points.

Name: S800TX PCB mod.jpg
Views: 259
Size: 174.6 KB
Description: This cut was made to the left of the solder joint. Check with a magnifier to make sure. If it doesn't work, chances are the cuts are not clean.
Makes this little heli a lot more fun to fly. Should have been like this in the first place IMHO.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Sorry, click on the pics in previous post.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, click on the pics in previous post.
Thank you very much!!!

A project for the holidays.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:41 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Sep 2011
203 Posts
s800g spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Are there any replacement parts available for this S800G?
this site sells reasonable priced spares with free shippng. haven't used them yet though.
http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-Spa...0G-Spare-Parts
brianvc is offline Find More Posts by brianvc
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Apr 2009
62 Posts
Did this and now I have mode 2

This is great - Worked like a charm on teh S800G

Thanks ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodan View Post
I'm also an ME, or at least hope to be after this May

It was hard to get good pictures in low light (camera phone), but I think you should still be able to see the modifications. I cut two traces as seen as red lines and soldered the two wires where the blue circles are. I had to scratch off the green masking on one spot to apply solder onto the trace.

-Dan

Capatosta is offline Find More Posts by Capatosta
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Thanks again for the pix! I just did the mod on my transmitter and it seems to work fine. Finally I can fly all 4 channels of this thing properly! I can do 3ch mode 4 just fine. 4ch mode 4 makes me crash.

Now, I also moved the servo rods to the outer of the two holes. Are there just two holes? There was a 3rd hole that was even further out but it was much larger than the first two so I didn't think that it was available for use.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Use longer sticks for the transmitter controls as someone else said. I epoxied plastic golf tees after cutting them down and drilling holes. Turn the TX over to let the epoxy dry. Not near as jerky after.
Great forum.
Happy flyin'
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
United States, MS, Jackson
Joined Dec 2012
36 Posts
i recently got the s800g and am having a problem with it. it flies for like 10 seconds and then loses power mid air and crashes straight down. at this point it flashes red and wont do anything until i switch it off and back on then it flies again and does the same thing. every battery is full and good. it seems to gradually lose power and even with the throttle all the way up it just slowly runs out and drops.

here is a video i took of the flight, in the video i have the throttle ramped to full at the end. i have tried this in multiple rooms and the same thing happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5876xN9ws&feature=youtu.be

any ideas would be really helpful
Tewhitte is offline Find More Posts by Tewhitte
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Could you try feeling the motor temperature after that happens? If you have a motor that's painfully hot then that would be a component you'd need to replace.

I'm just shooting in the dark though...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Dec 2012
36 Posts
ok will do, what could the flashing red led mean? i also turned off my wireless router to make sure that wasnt interfering with the heli, and the same thing happened. it is really weird. both my execuheli and my griffin helo tc work with no problems in the same room.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Hmm...not sure. I'm hoping someone else on this thread can offer some guidance. I just got my 800 and only have 2 flights on it now that I've got a proper mode 2 transmitter.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
36 Posts
what transmitter are you using?