HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
You might find about an inch more length of cord hiding inside the Tx. That's how it was with my 110's Tx.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I just got done adding a cable with a female JST connector to my SG800 transmitter power terminals. I added a piece of velcro to the back to stick a 7.4v lipo to it. Six AA's at a time was adding up but now since I've got some 7.4v lipos and a charger I don't need to worry about running out of AA's. I also adapted my S107 transmitter. Unless you don't mind buying AA's by the case this is a good alternative
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I followed the diagram from this thread to convert a controller to Mode 2 - works like a charm. A bit tricky soldering those tiny points on the PCB but at least now I don't have to continually crash when I get mixed up between Mode 2 and Mode 4!
nice!! I agree it takes a steady hand to make a decent solder on the board, but as you say very worth the effort
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:09 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
Is this a fake?

http://www.bananahobby.com/2335.html

It certainly doesn't look like the real thing...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:48 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Looks a little different but Syma's gone nuts lately coming out with varying colors and plumage on S107s as well.

Probably going for that gullible "collect all 50 colors" crowd who doesn't fly them enough to notice you can't tell much difference when they're in the air I guess. What next? Probably disco lights and fake plastic "missiles" I suppose.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:22 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
That's frustrating. It's sure hard to keep track of what is legitimately Syma and what is not. I'm tested to give in and buy one just to find out.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:27 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
Looks a little different but Syma's gone nuts lately coming out with varying colors and plumage on S107s as well.

Probably going for that gullible "collect all 50 colors" crowd who doesn't fly them enough to notice you can't tell much difference when they're in the air I guess. What next? Probably disco lights and fake plastic "missiles" I suppose.
One sure way to get a genuine 107 right now is to buy the white one with gold'ish accents. Nobody has cloned that one yet, so that's the one I went for.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
throttle delay in Syma S800G

Has anyone noticed a flaw with the throttle where it is slow to react to the stick positions?
I knew from reviews before I bought this that it has a short throw for most of the controls, but mine seems like there is a SIGNIFICANT delay when I change the up/down settings!

Sounds like this is a separate complaint:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
Really jumps on throttle. Perhaps this is a by-product of the Tx case, sticks, and pots used as others have suggested.
My problem:
e.g. when I approach the ceiling and try to slow down, I get the "bug meets light" effect as it bobs at the ceiling!
e.g. #2 when I crash I try to turn off the blades to minimize damage, however it is obvious when my stick is all the way down, and the blades still spin for a second or two!

anyone else notice this problem?
rcJosh is offline Find More Posts by rcJosh
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Josh, the only time I had that problem was when I forgot to turn off the TV.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
trouble from IR RECEIVERS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Josh, the only time I had that problem was when I forgot to turn off the TV.
Hmm, that is a thought Bvc.
I have been flying it in a room with no TV but a computer with an IR receiver for Windows media center. (and a couple of consumer electronics with IR receivers)

I would think that only IR transmitters would cause a problem though, not receivers??
How is it that your TV is transmitting? Do you have an "IR blaster" hooked up?

My thought was that there was too much sunlight entering from the windows, so I closed the blinds, and also flew at night, however neither seemed to eliminate the problem with my S800.

I will try different rooms to see if it makes a difference.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:17 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,851 Posts
No, IR Rx will not interfere with your S800G operation. However, any strong light source, in particular, direct sunlight and fluorescent lamps will have a big effect on the IR signals. Most people experience an issue with flying close to their big screen TVs because LCD TVs use fluorescent lamps to light up the screen. So, if you want to fly in an environment that is IR interference free, stay away from any strong light source. But as I read your comments, I didn't think that the "delay" in stick response was due to IR interference. But it worth a try.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:00 PM
Heliski: Steep 'n deep
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jul 2011
72 Posts
Waiting for mine to arrive from HK. Still having plenty of fun with my S107's but looking forward to having an extra channel!

HK post confirms it is en-route (7/7/12).
Snow Lynx is offline Find More Posts by Snow Lynx
Last edited by Snow Lynx; Jul 07, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:59 AM
Hobart,Tasmania,Australia
Joined Mar 2001
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcJosh View Post
Has anyone noticed a flaw with the throttle where it is slow to react to the stick positions?
I knew from reviews before I bought this that it has a short throw for most of the controls, but mine seems like there is a SIGNIFICANT delay when I change the up/down settings!

Sounds like this is a separate complaint:

My problem:
e.g. when I approach the ceiling and try to slow down, I get the "bug meets light" effect as it bobs at the ceiling!
e.g. #2 when I crash I try to turn off the blades to minimize damage, however it is obvious when my stick is all the way down, and the blades still spin for a second or two!

anyone else notice this problem?
The throttling down near the ceiling could just be ceiling suck , when you get close to the ceiling you can lower the throttle a lot with out it descending.
geebee is offline Find More Posts by geebee
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebee View Post
The throttling down near the ceiling could just be ceiling suck , when you get close to the ceiling you can lower the throttle a lot with out it descending.
Yeah, it's definitely "ceiling suck" but I think the condition is complicated by the delays.
It's really obvious when I have the stick off and the blades are still churning
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Failed Mode 2 mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodan View Post

It was hard to get good pictures in low light (camera phone), but I think you should still be able to see the modifications. I cut two traces as seen as red lines and soldered the two wires where the blue circles are. I had to scratch off the green masking on one spot to apply solder onto the trace.

-Dan

Thanks talktodan for the pics on the MODE 2 mod!!

I was initially successful in transforming my controller. Before I reassembled the controller I tested the mod, ever channel was working!
However after put the board back into it's case everything stopped working

shorted contacts?
(If I try it again, I think I'll insulate the the board all around the mod wires.)

Here is a pic of my mod:

I tried to salvage the controller, but there is no signs of life
None of the leds light. I examined the solder joints close to the mod looking for shorts.
Did I brick the processor perhaps?

Any way I can revive it?