HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:40 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Using Paul's excellent graphics ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1595126 ), here's what I'm thinking for a color scheme. The numbers are purely fictional, as I don't know the marking protocol.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:07 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Here's a quick and dirty color mock up... the tail group may look better with the orange and black reversed. (the yellow in these iPhone pictures is really orange).

Anyone else started theirs yet?

Gene K
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, GA, Centerville
Joined Mar 2012
170 Posts
Here is an extensive article on registration numbers. It lays out the rules for aircraft numbering as they evolved over the years. One important takeaway is the common practise of exceptions or deviations.

What’s in an N-Number?

I have to admit it's a long, but a pretty interesting read.
RayRangel is offline Find More Posts by RayRangel
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:42 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRangel View Post
Here is an extensive article on registration numbers.
Very interesting - thanks, Ray. Makes me not worry about having "correct" numbers.

Gene K
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:29 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Revised tail - I like this better, so will go with it.

Gene K
Last edited by speedy01; Apr 03, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, GA, Centerville
Joined Mar 2012
170 Posts
I really like the color scheme you've chosen; very Golden Age.
RayRangel is offline Find More Posts by RayRangel
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:25 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Ordered mine tonight!
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Zeke,

When will the Assembly Manual be posted on your website (or do I have a problem with Firefox/Internet Explorer)?

Gene K
Old May 18, 2012, 04:50 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
When will the Assembly Manual be posted on your website ...
Has anyone been able to download the manual from here http://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=76 ?

(yes, Paul's excellent Beta build thread and the great engineering of the model almost negate the need for a manual....).

Gene K
Old May 18, 2012, 05:17 PM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,133 Posts
Sorry Gene...I've had so much going on that I haven't finished up the last few things on the manual. I did a little this morning and will try my best to get it finished up in the next couple of days.
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old May 18, 2012, 05:50 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
I haven't finished up the last few things on the manual.
Thanks - I thought I had a browser problem.

Gene K
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Mar 2007
14 Posts
Still no assembly manual? I guess I'll find out what I did wrong after I have it completed. I think I used one set of magnets to many on the slide out tray. I noticed after the fact that it looks like a dowel or something goes in the rear holes instead of a set of magnets. That would explain why I'm short two magnets for the control rod hookup. Not a big deal but an assembly manual would have made it clearer.

James
120pilot is offline Find More Posts by 120pilot
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120pilot View Post
I noticed after the fact that it looks like a dowel or something goes in the rear holes instead of a set of magnets.
The rear hole is for magnets (my kit had the required number). I hope you've seen Paul's excellent thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1595126&page=2. Specifically, look at post #17

Quote:
Not a big deal but an assembly manual would have made it clearer.
Yes...however, I've given up on seeing the manual. Paul's thread, however, addresses almost everything, but it would have been nice, for example, to have a diagram for the gear wire.

Gene K
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:15 PM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,133 Posts
The manual should be done shortly...I only have a few last things to do on it. I've had so much family stuff over the last few months that has consumed almost all of my free time. I wish Park Scale Models could be my full time job, but unfortunately it's not. I have a regular full time job, a family and Park Scale Models. Family is always first and foremost in my life. I put almost all of my available free time into Park Scale Models, but I'm only one guy and I'm doing it all myself.

I have all of the assembly illustrations and instructions done. All that remains is the final notes for finishing and flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120pilot View Post
I think I used one set of magnets to many on the slide out tray. I noticed after the fact that it looks like a dowel or something goes in the rear holes instead of a set of magnets.
You are correct James, the rear hole is for a short piece of dowel.

I haven't been on RCGroups much over the last several months, but anyone can shoot me any email if they have any questions about anything.
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:33 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
Family is always first and foremost in my life.
Of course! I appreciate the great work that you do and hope you can find the "free" time to keep coming out with other masterpieces.

Quote:
...the rear hole is for a short piece of dowel.
So the fuselage piece holds the dowel and the slide in tray fits over it? Pretty slick way to secure the tray.

Gene K