HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:23 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
128 Posts
I also saw the prototype yesterday at North Penn and agree that it is doubtful whether it would be any lighter in foam. I believe that by being balsa it will be much more durable and repairable than foam. In addition, it looks so much better than a foam model every would. I look forward to getting one.
impmotor is offline Find More Posts by impmotor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:08 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
Looks terrific thus far, I certainly hope she flies as well as she looks. If so ... my order is ready.

Jens
kleinaberfein is offline Find More Posts by kleinaberfein
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:20 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
The replacement servos for the AR6400 board showed up on Saturday while I was at the North Penn High School Indoor Fun-Fly...and they are the wrong ones.

Horizon Hobbies website is a little confusing as to which of the three replacement servo mechanics they offer goes to which product. I did get things squared away and ordered the correct parts on Monday. I hope they get here by the weekend so I can get the Monocoupe finished up.
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:17 AM
O'Fallon, Mo.
Joined Apr 2010
476 Posts
Zeke, you certainly know how to tug at my purse ..... er heart..... strings. First the 36" ws 'coupe, then you tease with a 48" 'coupe, and now this. How can I resist?
BluIIs is offline Find More Posts by BluIIs
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:29 AM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
I'm hoping the servo mechanics show up today so I can get the 'Coupe finished up. I got the wing struts finished up last night, so it's just the electronics and hooking up the control surfaces...then a maiden flight.

Here's a screen shot of the next one...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:03 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
A 48' coupe ....... where??? ,must have flat missed that one. I had the 36' coupe untill gravity poor timing and a lack of really good ideas summed up to total loss.

Jens
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:12 AM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinaberfein View Post
A 48' coupe ....... where??? ,must have flat missed that one. I had the 36' coupe untill gravity poor timing and a lack of really good ideas summed up to total loss.

Jens
Actually 54" (1370mm) span. I'm working (slowly) on a 1/8 scale Monocoupe. I'm trying to gather as much info as I possibly can to make it as accurate as possible. If anyone has and drawings with measurements that show the cross sections, send them my way!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
I'm hoping the servo mechanics show up today so I can get the 'Coupe finished up. I got the wing struts finished up last night, so it's just the electronics and hooking up the control surfaces...then a maiden flight.

Here's a screen shot of the next one...
Oh man, a Beaver! /drool
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
Wing struts are done. Servo mechanics arrived today and I got the AR6400 brick all fixed up! I hooked up the battery and spun up the motor...this is going to have GOBS of power! I had a nice little surprise when I put it on the scale...everything including the battery come in at just a hair under 1.5oz! With the rest of the components to get the control rods and surfaces hooked up, I should be just a hair over 1.5oz. I'm really stoked by how light it has come out!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:57 PM
Editor - Flying Models
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2003
2,373 Posts
Looking good Zeke!
Thayer is offline Find More Posts by Thayer
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:00 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
Simply beautiful Zeke, I cannot wait untill this gem is available. I much prefer building smaller models but a big 'coupe is ofcourse a temptation and since I know your models will fly practically right out of the box I might have to get this one as well.

Jens
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:38 PM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
OK...I'm pleased to say the the monocoupe is finished and ready to maiden. Now I just need to find someplace to fly it...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:48 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
Here's a screen shot of the next one...[DH Beaver]
That's a great choice that opens the door to a lot of possibilities...like a float version!

So, let's see if the WS of the new model is going to be around the same as the Monocoupe (19"), that means the floats would need to be around 9" (real Beaver WS is 48' and the floats around 23'). It would be easy to scale Jin's floats shown in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=jin+floats .

What an exciting line coming from Zeke!

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:39 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
video please

Jens
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:36 AM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
Rough 3D model of the Beaver is just about done...
RCG Plus Member