SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:28 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I didnt realize the cessna prop was that small, I thought it was 5in like most of the HH micros. I have a few 4025s and 4530's I might try if the 5in props are too much. Im looking forward to the Beaver as well, and Im sure I can come up with some floats for it if I have to dunk it in the lake for some odd reason. I was wondering what you think about doing a Piper Tri Pacer as a possible subject in the future of this sweet micro line?

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
... Im sure I can come up with some floats for [Zeke's projected Beaver]
Mendo,

Go here for Jin's excellent float plans - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=jin+float. Just scale them to whatever Zeke comes out with. For starters, some real Beaver floats measure 1/2 the wingspan (48'wingspan, 24' floats). Lots of 3 views available on the web such as this one:

And I think you might enjoy the discussion here: http://www.smallflyingartsforum.com/...m=1156443504/0

Quote:
...a possible subject in the future of this sweet micro line?
I hope future subjects include test builds by Paul Bradley, and that Construction Manuals will be made available.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:52 PM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Hey guys...at long last I've got the assembly manual finished up! I also made templates for printing the covering on tissue. I added in a lot of nice detailing into the tissue template files, so they should make for some really nice models. You can open the files in any program like Microsoft Paint and simply change the colors to whatever you want. You can mix and match the template files to create up to eight different combinations. The template files are laid out to be printed on 8-1/2"x11" paper with no scaling required.

The manual can be found here:
http://www.parkscalemodels.com/downl...e_90a_v1.0.pdf
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
I've got the assembly manual finished up! I also made templates ....
Sweet. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Gene K
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Mar 2007
14 Posts
Zeke that is awesome. I love the graphics files. Now I want to build another to try out the new graphics. That and the fact the monocoupe had a little incident with the hangar wall. Nothing that couldn't be fixed but unfortunately when glueing the wings back on I got impatient and took the chance of using CA. Of course one is not quite aligned right. It still flies but not quite as nicely as it did at first. I knew better. Any progress on the Beaver? I'm looking forward to it. Oh I do have video of the monocoupe but it clearly shows where I work. So In the interest of not incriminating myself I will keep it under wraps.

James Phillips
120pilot is offline Find More Posts by 120pilot
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,107 Posts
For anyone on the fence about buying one, take a look at the comprehensive Construction Manual here: http://www.parkscalemodels.com/downl...e_90a_v1.0.pdf . Doesn't get any better than that - should help make a Buy Decision easy!

Really looking forward to the next plane in the Wisp Series - the Beaver, I hope.

Gene K
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:38 AM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Really looking forward to the next plane in the Wisp Series - the Beaver, I hope.
The Beaver is definitely the next in the series. After that, I'm thinking of maybe doing one or two WWI planes, some of the options being:
Bristol F.2, Curtiss JN-4 Jenny, Fokker DR-1, Fokker Eindecker, Fokker D.VII, Fokker D.VIII, Nieuport 11, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 28, S.E.5a, Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Pup, Spad VII ,Spad XIII

I plan to have the Beaver done and flying by the NEAT Fair in September.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:43 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
140 Posts
Zeke, Please produce any of the WW1 planes. How about a Sopwith Triplane as well?
impmotor is online now Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
14 Posts
I can't wait for the Beaver. I was thinking the slide in power pack might be a problem for any model that didn't have a round engine. But since some of your WWI proposals are inlines I guess you must have a way around it. So maybe an airplane with an opposed could be doable? With that in mind I'll make a request. (It never hurts to ask right?) I may be a bit biased but how about a cute little Cessna 120/140?

James Phillips
Last edited by 120pilot; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:42 PM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120pilot View Post
I can't wait for the Beaver. I was thinking the slide in power pack might be a problem for any model that didn't have a round engine. But since some of your WWI proposals are inlines I guess you must have a way around it. So maybe an airplane with an opposed could be doable? With that in mind I'll make a request. (It never hurts to ask right?) I may be a bit biased but how about a cute little Cessna 120/140?

James Phillips
N2533N
How about a 170? I've already got one on the drawing board!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Mar 2007
14 Posts
A 170 would be great!!

James
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
A 170 would be great!!

James
+1!!!

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,107 Posts
Quote:
A 170 would be great!!

Gene K
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:00 PM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Unfortunately I've been too busy to snap build progress photos, but here's the prototype of the DHC-2 Beaver. All that's left is to get the control surfaces hooked up and go fly! AUW looks to be between 1.2 and 1.3oz! I couldn't believe it when I put it on the scale. Finish (as you may have guessed) is tissue that I ran through my printer. Since this is my first time trying this technique, I didn't set my hopes too high...but I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. There's room for improvement, but not too bad for my first time!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:03 AM
Editor - Flying Models
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2003
2,443 Posts
very nice Zeke. I look forward to seeing it soon.

Thayer
Thayer is offline Find More Posts by Thayer