Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,815 Posts
New Product
Pitts Python 1.4M EPO

I just came across this Pitts 1.4M EPO.

I certainly looks cool but does anyone know anything about it?

I like the 1.6M versions (Starmax??) that Hobby King and Banana Hobby have but 1.4M might be abit more manageable for transporting in the car.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this one (but I couldn't find it).

Cheers
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
THESANDMAN's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
I just came across this Pitts 1.4M EPO.

I certainly looks cool but does anyone know anything about it?

I like the 1.6M versions (Starmax??) that Hobby King and Banana Hobby have but 1.4M might be abit more manageable for transporting in the car.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this one (but I couldn't find it).

Cheers
if im not mistaken .it looks like the new dynam pitts, which is on hold till they make new graphics ,since those are copyright color schemes.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:34 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
if im not mistaken .it looks like the new dynam pitts, which is on hold till they make new graphics ,since those are copyright color schemes.
Thats's what I thought at first too, but I think the Dynam is only about a 1M WS, this one is 1.4M?
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:47 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,815 Posts
Video

Looks like Ready2Fly are releasing the same model.

Pitts Python by ready2fly EPO (2 min 12 sec)
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
I started a thread on the 1.6m Pitts 12 from starmax for sale at banana hobby and Hobbyking, also HLCshop-shop in France.

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2506

PW-RC is selling this 1.4m version of the Pitts. Looks way better than the red white and blue 1.6m
Banana has the 1.6 for $259.99 vs this one at $239.99.
I am curious on the performance on 4S vs the 6s on the 1.6.
Anyone own one yet? I agree with the ability to fit it in the car. My S4 Avant can handle 1.4 with ease but 1.6 is tough because the fuselage is just too long.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
Registered User
poziovahim's Avatar
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
I started a thread on the 1.6m Pitts 12 from starmax for sale at banana hobby and Hobbyking, also HLCshop-shop in France.

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2506

PW-RC is selling this 1.4m version of the Pitts. Looks way better than the red white and blue 1.6m
Banana has the 1.6 for $259.99 vs this one at $239.99.
I am curious on the performance on 4S vs the 6s on the 1.6.
Anyone own one yet? I agree with the ability to fit it in the car. My S4 Avant can handle 1.4 with ease but 1.6 is tough because the fuselage is just too long.
H
I've been reading the posts on the HK 33.5" Pitts because I was very interested in a Pitts I could just throw in the car and go! I have the Starmax 63" that I still haven't flown but now I see this Python and I'm druelling!
Decisions decisions
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:40 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
I've been reading the posts on the HK 33.5" Pitts because I was very interested in a Pitts I could just throw in the car and go! I have the Starmax 63" that I still haven't flown but now I see this Python and I'm druelling!
Decisions decisions
How can you own the 63 and not fly this one. I want to hear about it and see some video from an independent source. I fear the 63" won't fit in my car but the 1.4m will. I have a thread on the 63" that is quiet slow. I guess not a lot of these have been sold. I look forward to your comments.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
Registered User
poziovahim's Avatar
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
How can you own the 63 and not fly this one. I want to hear about it and see some video from an independent source. I fear the 63" won't fit in my car but the 1.4m will. I have a thread on the 63" that is quiet slow. I guess not a lot of these have been sold. I look forward to your comments.
H
Wind and weather is nasty but I will have her up this week! 63" doesn't sound big but she is "Big".
We have a 98 Subaru Legacy and I'm gonna try to fit it in there right now!
ILB BACH
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:46 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
Wind and weather is nasty but I will have her up this week! 63" doesn't sound big but she is "Big".
We have a 98 Subaru Legacy and I'm gonna try to fit it in there right now!
ILB BACH
How did you make out with fitting it in the car. I have an Audi S4 Avant and fit 1400mm in there pretty well.
Name: loadedaudi.jpg
Views: 255
Size: 200.5 KB
Description:
This is the Audi loaded up for the Field with BF109, P-51, P-38, Spitfire, B-17, Slowstick, Stinger 64, Minimoa and Mini swift. 9 planes total.
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:49 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
How did you make out with fitting it in the car. I have an Audi S4 Avant and fit 1400mm in there pretty well.
Attachment 4560819
This is the Audi loaded up for the Field with BF109, P-51, P-38, Spitfire, B-17, Slowstick, Stinger 64, Minimoa and Mini swift. 9 planes total.
That's a great effort!!

Gotta admit I loved the Starmax Pitts when it was released but knew it would be too big for my (Aussie) Ford Falcon sedan (even though both back seats fold down for access to the boot).

This 1400mm version though may just fit in.

I think I need to add another wing to my CZ Yak for a mock up!!
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
That's a great effort!!

Gotta admit I loved the Starmax Pitts when it was released but knew it would be too big for my (Aussie) Ford Falcon sedan (even though both back seats fold down for access to the boot).

This 1400mm version though may just fit in.

I think I need to add another wing to my CZ Yak for a mock up!!
Go falcon, not a Holden fan. How's the wing assembled on the 1400? I hear the 63" is a nightmare to remove the wing for transport.
How's the quality?
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:17 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
Anyone know anything about rchelicopterselect?
http://www.rchelicopterselect.com/pi...o-version.html
Seems pricey at $359, but now I see it's a sonic model.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
Check out this video. Doing some searching, I see it's a sonic modell plane. Same guys who built the Hobbyking b-17 Memphis Belle and the 1400 mm EPO yellow J3 cub I own. They seem to make a quality product.

I found this video, though miss spelt pyhton
Pitts Pyhton 140cm EPO (2 min 43 sec)

It shows some basic aerobatics but no hanging on the prop.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
Go falcon, not a Holden fan. How's the wing assembled on the 1400? I hear the 63" is a nightmare to remove the wing for transport.
How's the quality?
H
Ok, forget the Pitts for the moment (but thanks for the research/video); how do you know about Holden vs Ford!!!
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Last edited by Goody63; Jan 18, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Ok, forget the Pitts for the moment (but thanks for the research/video); how do you know about Holden vs Ford!!!
Eh eh eh, I don't just enjoy flying planes. We had ford Capris 3.0 l in belgium and was a Steve McQueen fan and that ford mustang fastback in the movie bullet. That leaves an impression as a kid.
I drove the Pontiac G8 Holden knock off here in the last version of the Monaro. Decent but does hold a candle to my V8 S4. I've always been more partial to the fords when I watch the Aussie super car racing on tv.
Cheers,
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product LanYu BIG 1.4M CORSAIR F4U Warbird and it's EPO! jbc Electric Warbirds 57 Yesterday 05:14 AM
Discussion Who makes this Pitts Python model? racin06 Giant Electric Planes 4 Apr 02, 2011 04:53 AM
Discussion Pitts Python Crash : ( rc flyer dude 3D Flying 15 Apr 01, 2011 09:41 PM
Discussion Pitts Python 1,28 cm G.Hanssmann Sport Planes 1 Aug 15, 2008 01:34 PM