HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:58 AM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Ed, the 4 temp sensors are for the 4 motors on the MX400.

You just need power from your BEC it can be tapped off a free port on your RX or with a Y connector off of the BEC, just cut or remove the signal wire before it reaches the WK-CTL01-D. I would use a free port off the RX and a female to female extension to eliminate any connections between your BEC and the RX just for safety.

So far I have not been able to find the GPS or RPM units, I would bet Walkera has not released them yet. FrSky has a optic RPM sensor and a GPS but who knows if they would work??? They don't cost that much but it would be a roll of the dice with the odds of them working very low. I might try them later if it doesn't look like Walkera is going to release them.
Or maybe you can email Walkera directly and ask for the part numbers and where to buy them.

Great job posting your success, keep us updated.
bracketman is offline Find More Posts by bracketman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:24 AM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Oostende
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Thanks for the info i keep you guys updated.

Gtz Ed
heli ed007 is offline Find More Posts by heli ed007
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Guys, can someone help me with the Devo 8 S 100mw version 0.6B software???? Maybe I just don't get it!! I have used the Walkera login page, downloaded the 100mw zip file, and when you open it, it shows version 0.6A!!!! I installed it just to make sure I'm not a muppet, but there was no telemetry on there. I installed version 0.6B for the 10mw and that worked, but I have a 100mw transmitter, so I'm not getting full strength on my transmitter. I've emailed Walkera and all they do is to send me the link that I have visited over and over again. Am I doing something wrong or what?? Maybe one of you can email me the 0.6B zip file. Hope you can help.
kolamyburgh is offline Find More Posts by kolamyburgh
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:40 AM
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
I have a devo12s i upgraded.To the 100mw with no problems at al

Do you have the latest update tool 1.3?

You have to upgrade the firmware and library file.Very important you upload both.

Did you read the pdf ho is included in the update tool very important you do the proper procedure to upgrade.

Did you downloaded the 100mw upgrade and not the 10mw you never now

Grtz Ed
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolamyburgh View Post
Guys, can someone help me with the Devo 8 S 100mw version 0.6B software???? Maybe I just don't get it!! I have used the Walkera login page, downloaded the 100mw zip file, and when you open it, it shows version 0.6A!!!! I installed it just to make sure I'm not a muppet, but there was no telemetry on there. I installed version 0.6B for the 10mw and that worked, but I have a 100mw transmitter, so I'm not getting full strength on my transmitter. I've emailed Walkera and all they do is to send me the link that I have visited over and over again. Am I doing something wrong or what?? Maybe one of you can email me the 0.6B zip file. Hope you can help.
Are you certain that your are unable to select the output of the TX using the files that show the telemetry.
I researched all the downloads for the DEVO8,DEVO8S and DEVO12 and the 100mw versions are "A"'s and all the 10mw versions are "B"'s.
I cannot update mine yet, I have the chip on order.

Obviously Walkera has screwed this up, are luck instead of Walkera fixing the update they will probably just come out with a new transmitter

Please post if you can change the output.
Thanks
Last edited by bracketman; Feb 11, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Out of despiration I installed the 100mw upgrade "A" again and after the fourth time it all of a sudden came right. I don't know if it's something to do with my TX, but I'm just glad I got it going. I've got full output back. Hopefully you will have better luck than what I had. Let me know how you get on with yours. Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
G'day Fella's

I ordered the module for my Devo 8 from walkera-parts it only cost 9 bucks so I thought I'd grab it while they have them. The sticker on the bag says its for a Devo 12, however the site seems to suggest the module is the same for either radio. I'm a little hesitant to do the upgrade for two reasons

1: The screen is so hard to read outside so I think its probably a waste of money buying the RX for the telemetry

2: I have been told that the upgrade can cause glitching issues, has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks
Peter64 is offline Find More Posts by Peter64
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Its the same module.

The telemetry module have a little square mark at the bottom of the module.

Hard to see outside that's wright.

I did not have any issues with it

Grtz Ed
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Yip it is hard to see. I had a random throttle opening up on me this past weekend. I don't know if it is a issue with the software. I replaced the RX and it seemed to solve it. I haven't flown since. Just ground tested.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Good news guys.

Just got mail from sheila from walkera it seems to be the only ho answers mails with the correct info.

The rate and Gps sensors for the WK-CTL01-D will be available soon as separate parts to buy

So guys we have to be patient a bit more

Grtz Ed
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Do not order the WK-CTL01-D from oomodel. They list it as being in stock but after my order not being filled for 8 days I emailed them only to find out they never had them.

Any other place to get one other than Hobby One ?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
I don't now i bought the from hobby one http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=10895

And they had them in stock and not at the rip off price of the TX module

Grtz Ed
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Yes the price is OK but shipping to me is $20, which seems high for such a small light weight piece.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Try this one mate. I don't know if this will help. I see they are also out of stock, but it's another option. http://www.walkera.co.nz/shop/produc...pt0j9h0dvj1gl5
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
G'day Pete, I can confirm that I'm experiencing a glitch on my throttle channel after the upgrade. I thought it was the RX, but after replacing it with 2 other, it still happens.