SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Steinhard's Avatar
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 490905002 View Post
Very good
thank you.

Skate Aerial #2 (2 min 16 sec)
Steinhard is offline Find More Posts by Steinhard
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
I have a problem with my current T380. I've only had it for 3 days and even at half throttle, it doesn't hover. It is leaning backwards and rotating clockwise..
The radio is Flysky TH9X. It is set to ACRO mode on the mode. There is HELI, ACRO and GLID for mode selection. I have done a ACC calibration as well. Any suggestions?
Tecate99 is offline Find More Posts by Tecate99
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quadcopter (6 min 3 sec)


This is the first time i've flown the T380 with a camera on.

It's just zip-tied to the front so i'm pretty pleased with the stability.

I also had an issue with ruddering left on full throttle and some vibration coming from one of the motors.

I've since had a look, oiled all my bearings and the noise was still there, sounded like some was grinding in the motor....turned out the motor was slightly loose on the carbon arms.

Anyway, tightened everything up and it seems a lot smoother, also reduced the throttle range to be at 95% at max and now no ruddering left on full throttle...not sure it was related to the loose motor or the max throttle, but works fine now.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Hi maybe somebody can help me. I crash the last week with the t380 and I replace the two boards on it because they broke. I have the new ones and install them but when I turn on the quadcopter does not sound like it was before just 3 beeps and the last beep is a long beep. When I give trottle I only hear one middle beep and the motors does not start. Any idea what to do? Thanks.
Eddielopez is offline Find More Posts by Eddielopez
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:23 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddielopez View Post
Hi maybe somebody can help me. I crash the last week with the t380 and I replace the two boards on it because they broke. I have the new ones and install them but when I turn on the quadcopter does not sound like it was before just 3 beeps and the last beep is a long beep. When I give trottle I only hear one middle beep and the motors does not start. Any idea what to do? Thanks.
I would start by checking all your wiring between motors and boards, between the two boards and making sure your RX is wired in correctly.

You could then run through the config procedure mentioned earlier in this thread.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Steinhard's Avatar
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Meet The Workers (1 min 35 sec)
Steinhard is offline Find More Posts by Steinhard
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
Hey guys, first time posting on this forum as I am new to this hobby.

I bought my T380 with Futaba T6J yesterday. When I first turned on the TX with throttle at zero and connected LiPo battery to the T380, the propeller went into full speed and launched itself to my ceiling and wall.

I managed to turned off everything and restart everything.
I held onto the T380 and start it up again.
Only to realised the servo controls for all 4 CH are reversed by default.

Why is this so?
I am using Mode 2 TX.
Thankfully nth broke.
junjian is offline Find More Posts by junjian
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:52 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Some radios work differently, that's why you have channel reversing options.

I may be mistaken as I've only used Spektrum, but I think the Throttle channel on Spektrum vs Futaba is reversed. Certainly something to aware of for the future of this hobby though.

I'd be more concerned that your control board initialised at full throttle!
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
I just crashed my t380 so badly today. Gonna upload the video to youtube and show you guys.
junjian is offline Find More Posts by junjian
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
Well, here is the crash. (From 2:30 onwards)
Was hovering at about 20floors up in the sky to capture some footages with my gopro hero 3.
Notice the a/c tilt to the left and dropping in altitude.
I push my stick to the right and apply full throttle at the same time.
But it still came crashing down.
Any idea what happened?
I have never crashed it before.
Its only a week old.
My Worst Lotus T380 Crash (2 min 47 sec)
junjian is offline Find More Posts by junjian
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2007
3 Posts
YIKES. Sorry about the crash, junjian. Really cool video though. I loved the shots of all the buildings. I'm not sure why the crash happened. Couple of questions that may help figure it out:
  1. Did you have any open-cell foam over the barometer? This helps with stability in windy conditions.
  2. Are the wires for the two left motors burnt at all? Some users have reported electrical shorts. The wires for the motors are really tiny. A short may have caused the two left motors to slow down.
I'm not entirely confident in this quad's electronics. It could also have been a gryo malfunction.

I've been getting my replacement parts from goodluckbuy.com, but it looks like their site isn't working properly right now. Hopefully it'll work when they're no longer on holiday (Feb 17). You can also grab a motor on himodel.com for $25. tallflyer posted a parts list on himodel.com if you need more.

All the best and keep us posted on your repair progress.
zara2stra is offline Find More Posts by zara2stra
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2007
3 Posts
Thanks and Thread Summary

Hi everyone! I’d like to give a big THANKS to everyone for all of the information you’ve posted here. You’ve really helped me make the most of this quad. I’ve created a summary of the bits in this thread that have been most helpful to me, with links to the corresponding posts. Hopefully this list of nuggets will be helpful to newcomers to the thread. Thanks especially to the people who posted the info below:
zara2stra is offline Find More Posts by zara2stra
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zara2stra View Post
YIKES. Sorry about the crash, junjian. Really cool video though. I loved the shots of all the buildings. I'm not sure why the crash happened. Couple of questions that may help figure it out:
  1. Did you have any open-cell foam over the barometer? This helps with stability in windy conditions.
  2. Are the wires for the two left motors burnt at all? Some users have reported electrical shorts. The wires for the motors are really tiny. A short may have caused the two left motors to slow down.
I'm not entirely confident in this quad's electronics. It could also have been a gryo malfunction.

I've been getting my replacement parts from goodluckbuy.com, but it looks like their site isn't working properly right now. Hopefully it'll work when they're no longer on holiday (Feb 17). You can also grab a motor on himodel.com for $25. tallflyer posted a parts list on himodel.com if you need more.

All the best and keep us posted on your repair progress.
Where is the barometer? I am not sure about it.
The wires of the motors are not burnt. So we can rule out short circuit. Does it look like strong wind that brought down my copter?
junjian is offline Find More Posts by junjian
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:06 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
Looks like the newer version, which doesn't have the barometer.
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaBob View Post
Looks like the newer version, which doesn't have the barometer.
Any idea how the altitude hold works without barometer?
Or are they using MEMS sensors?
junjian is offline Find More Posts by junjian
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Flight controller & esc's from lotusrc's new T580P+ quad malcr001 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Oct 24, 2011 06:09 PM
Discussion What is the best value 6+ channel radio available under $200 RC_Crazy23 Radios 33 Oct 11, 2011 11:10 AM
Discussion Quad Propeller Guard - Sharing ideas, videos, photos lowfi Multirotor Talk 7 Jun 01, 2010 11:12 PM
Poll Best value in ARF electric gliders? SquireM Electric Sailplanes 15 Apr 10, 2010 08:17 AM
ESC discussion thread & poll (best value on price, governor, softstart, program ease. mhale71 Electric Heli Talk 8 Oct 25, 2005 11:09 PM