HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Please upload the following photos:
1. Receiver and aircraft docking.
2. of the remote control channel switch.
3.Remote control panel.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Ok here is the vid that Alex made of the test.

http://youtu.be/igclzcGaIwI

And after swapping the motor wires, the other motor is now running fast.
Please call me:86-13,316,851,091 (Mr.Yan)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:13 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 490905002 View Post
Please call me:86-13,316,851,091 (Mr.Yan)
Guys, Im in New Zealand, it will cost me a fortune to call you. Please PM me if you need to speak to me directly. I have already messaged dt8666 as I bought the quad from him but he hasnt replied to me.

Have I not done enough to prove the problem is in the equipment you sold me? You keep talking about settings on the radio but look at the video! The radio doesnt have anything except trims! I paid more to buy with warranty instead of getting it cheap on ebay. Now please can we sort something out as the quad has been out of action for far too long now. You are pilots too, you know how that feels.

Nathan
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Last edited by flatlandrobin; Oct 11, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon1961 View Post
Don't let it discourage your interest in quads, and particularly the t380. I have many hours fly time on mine(every AM for 4 months), it has been a great entry into quads for me and learning to fly it in a strictly manual mode hopefully will make me a better pilot.

Now that I'm starting my next build on a qav500 frame, I have a Naza in hand and waiting anxiously for opto 30a escs to come today(FYI-tried an e-flight 30a and couldnt get motors to arm, Naza seems to be a bit finiky about the ESCs) For fun, and to play around with the Naza I'm temporarily gutting my t380 until the new frame comes in. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Just throwin that out there cuz, my t380 will still ride in the back of my SUV for an impromptu flight. My plan is to build on the QAV500 for an FPVer, An F450 flamewheel for sport and t380 as my parkflyer. That should fulfill my quad needs for a long time to come.

I'm not sure where you live flantlandrobin but the southern california shop where I bought my t380 carries parts and will ship straight away if you're looking to replace those components and finally get in the air. I would offer mine up but my boards are older than I've seen on some previous posts and my baro acts weird, altitude hold or even a stable hover without a bit of stick movement has never been my t380s strong suits.

Best wishes

-G
Hey G man!

Thanks for your kind words, and believe me I am not put off quads! I also fly a Ladybird and just recently got a Witespy. I am just trying to fix this problem so a friend can have the T380. Thank you again for offering to help with parts but I am down in New Zealand at the moment. Im from the UK but Im doing some travelling and still flying when I can! Starting to get very interested in FPV but whilst im travelling I have way too many models as it is!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Guys, Im in New Zealand, it will cost me a fortune to call you. Please PM me if you need to speak to me directly. I have already messaged dt8666 as I bought the quad from him but he hasnt replied to me.

Have I not done enough to prove the problem is in the equipment you sold me? You keep talking about settings on the radio but look at the video! The radio doesnt have anything except trims! I paid more to buy with warranty instead of getting it cheap on ebay. Now please can we sort something out as the quad has been out of action for far too long now. You are pilots too, you know how that feels.

Nathan
Contact your vendors, he will give you a good help.
The information you give, not what we need, and be able to solve the problem for you. We want information, but you can not provide. We do not have a way to deal with your problems.
I wish happy.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
How about SKYPE?
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
How about SKYPE?
F490905002 (Mr. Yan)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
LOTUSRC T380、T580P...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Ok here is the vid that Alex made of the test.

http://youtu.be/igclzcGaIwI

And after swapping the motor wires, the other motor is now running fast.
Hi Nathan,
I was on mobile and did not got a change to view the actual video. Now I manage to view it from the PC and hope you can help on the follow before we conclude:
- I know you did said the radio is a normal radio with no mixing. Can I just reconfirm one last round: is it a Airplane or Heli radio?
- Is that always the same motor that is warmer than others or it swap around when you swap the cable to other ESC?

Just to point a note on the video when you swap the motor bell. The rotation of the prop is not accurate when you swap it. and the entire stability will be out.

And for actual testing, the current on the table test will induce too much ground effect and will not tell the real issue. Suggest to test as below:
- Hold the model above your head for safety
- advance the throttle till it hover. and notice will the model self lever
- and check Pitch and Roll and Yaw stick do behave as it should.

Apology that our vendor from China unable to view youtube video due to country firewall. I will find away to download the video to them.

Thankls
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
T380 new picture

Name: 145157m0ppqvhkmtkqtz7l.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 92.4 KB
Description:

Name: 145224l2428v32ddnlr4ar.jpg
Views: 46
Size: 76.6 KB
Description:
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Hi Nathan,
I was on mobile and did not got a change to view the actual video. Now I manage to view it from the PC and hope you can help on the follow before we conclude:
- I know you did said the radio is a normal radio with no mixing. Can I just reconfirm one last round: is it a Airplane or Heli radio?
- Is that always the same motor that is warmer than others or it swap around when you swap the cable to other ESC?

Just to point a note on the video when you swap the motor bell. The rotation of the prop is not accurate when you swap it. and the entire stability will be out.

And for actual testing, the current on the table test will induce too much ground effect and will not tell the real issue. Suggest to test as below:
- Hold the model above your head for safety
- advance the throttle till it hover. and notice will the model self lever
- and check Pitch and Roll and Yaw stick do behave as it should.

Apology that our vendor from China unable to view youtube video due to country firewall. I will find away to download the video to them.

Thankls
A different motor becomes warmer/spins faster when the cables are swapped.

It is a heli radio.

When doing the table test it is very clear that the motor is spinning faster. You can see it and hear it. It is always the same motor. It does the same thing when trying to take off from the floor and we have tried it above the head as well. It just tries to flip as one motor is running faster, but when the throttle is at about 90% then all motors are finally spinning at the same speed.

All the cyclic controls are doing as they should.

Nathan
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Hi Nathan.

The issue likely is your Heli Radio.
You mentioned it is a non computer radio so no setting can be changed.
This means it is a standard Heli radio that already have mixing which cannot be disable.

Can you just connect the T380 to a standard Airplane radio?

We just want to isolate the issue one by one.

Thanks.
Dan
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nathan.

The issue likely is your Heli Radio.
You mentioned it is a non computer radio so no setting can be changed.
This means it is a standard Heli radio that already have mixing which cannot be disable.

Can you just connect the T380 to a standard Airplane radio?

We just want to isolate the issue one by one.

Thanks.
Dan
Dan,

This is really getting silly. I first announced this problem over 6 weeks ago. And now we are going to go around in circles again. You sent a FC by mistake when I needed an ESC board, why dont you just send me the ESC board with a return address so I can return the FC.

I have listed everything that is wrong, and everything I have tried already in this forum. We have tried a 4ch Heli radio AND a Spectrum!

I have been through all of this one by one and have posted videos of me doing so.

6 weeks without flying...

Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Hi Nathan,
If you are using Heli radio, the mixing will screwed up all the motor. We are here to isolate the issue for you. Hope you can understand.

If you still have a Heli radio with no way to disable all the mixing, regardless of any changes you are not going to make it flyable.

Regards
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nathan,
If you are using Heli radio, the mixing will screwed up all the motor. We are here to isolate the issue for you. Hope you can understand.

If you still have a Heli radio with no way to disable all the mixing, regardless of any changes you are not going to make it flyable.

Regards
So why is it doing the exact same thing with two different radios then? A DX6i with no mixing enabled and it still does it.