Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Did you supply the RX for it when you sold it? Wondering if he's maybe not got that hooked up right.

I would suggest you have him hold the quad in his hand while he spins up the motor and then use the AIL/ELE/RUD to ensure he has everything hooked up right and doesn't need channels reversing.

Then set his Radio back to default, no mixing, NO TRIM and do the calibration of the FC again and re-bind the radio.

Given that it worked before posting then you can almost guarantee it's user error.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:33 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
No I didnt supply the RX, he added his own and he said he has tried various RX with different radios and all of them have the same result.

He has held it and tried all the cyclic controls and confirmed the RX is wired correctly. I also got him to swap the aileron and elevator wires just to see if it made a different motor run faster but it was the same front left motor.

I have a new found appreciation of all the dealers out there who go through this type of thing a hundred times a day!!
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
No I didnt supply the RX, he added his own and he said he has tried various RX with different radios and all of them have the same result.

He has held it and tried all the cyclic controls and confirmed the RX is wired correctly. I also got him to swap the aileron and elevator wires just to see if it made a different motor run faster but it was the same front left motor.

I have a new found appreciation of all the dealers out there who go through this type of thing a hundred times a day!!
Please upload a picture of the circuit part and motor, we help you to analyze.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 490905002 View Post
Please upload a picture of the circuit part and motor, we help you to analyze.
Thank you. Just waiting for him to send me the pictures. I will post them as soon as I get them.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Ok, here are the pictures of the board and the motor that just try to flip on take off.

Name: image.jpg
Views: 46
Size: 227.8 KB
Description:

Name: image1.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 234.5 KB
Description:

Name: image2.jpg
Views: 46
Size: 275.7 KB
Description:

As you can see from the videos I posted before, the power up sequence and ACC calibration is all being done correctly but the quad just wants to flip over no matter what.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:14 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Hey all, relatively new to the forum and have been flying my T380 faithfully almost every morning for the last four months. After reading about issues with the supplied radio I bought my setup without it and went with a Futaba 8J part. I've been actively following this thread and I must say the flow of information has been a great help in keeping me in the air. Being new to the quad scene I've had my share of broken parts, I think I ran the local hobby shop out of blades the first week I took to the air. I've discovered the crafts strengths and weaknesses and have used this little guy to welcome me into the hobby, I can't say I made a bad choice with the 380. I bought it even after reading about the bad support some have experienced, I figured it was customer satisfaction issue not a bad quad issue. I got mine from Go Fast Hobby located not far from Rotor Concepts and directly on El Monte CA airport, a very cool place to have an RC aircraft store.

Now that I'm much more comfortable with the quad aircraft, and I hardly ever crash anymore (fingers crossed) I'm considering a step up to a bigger quad and most likely see myself delving into FPV.

Since the T380 has been a great learning experience I still want to keep it around. Since I'm no hurry to get my ultimate quad built(who am I kidding? I'm excited as hell!), funds prevailing, I was thinking about doing it in steps. I've preordered a QAV500 frame to start with and plan on going with a Naza setup for my FC since I can get one from a local brick n motar, and I believe my chances of getting on OpenPilot board are slim to nil.

In following the thread I'm anxious to see what mods GorillaBob is going to come up with. My plan is to gut the T380 and use the Naza with with some other ESCs, keeping just the original motors. This is strictly interim until I get all the parts for the new build, thought I could play around with the Naza before transplanting it into QAV frame.

I look forward to any helpful hints or suggestions in this endeavor.

Happy flying!

-G
Gideon1961 is offline Find More Posts by Gideon1961
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Mar 2009
253 Posts
I've had my 380 buttoned up since I started building the 550, and only pulled it out 2 days ago. My problem is that the NAZA is so stable, I forgot how to fly a more real-world squerrily copter. I thought about upping the FC in the 380, but I think it's not a bad thing to keep proficient on something that needs constant input.

While the NAZA has a 'manual' mode, I eliminated it from the transmitter in lieu of other control, but even so the 550 is not a hot rod, it's for AP. wouldn't be a good day to crash that one.
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
I would just like to congratulate Lotus on ironically having 380 posts as of now! Well done guys!

Joined Jan 2010
380 Posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jan 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Ok, here are the pictures of the board and the motor that just try to flip on take off.

Attachment 5201883

Attachment 5201884

Attachment 5201885

As you can see from the videos I posted before, the power up sequence and ACC calibration is all being done correctly but the quad just wants to flip over no matter what.
The order of the blades will hold against it?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:48 AM
TBs are GO!....FAB....no..FPV!
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Nov 2010
242 Posts
Quote:

The order of the blades will hold against it?

I think 490905002 means the placing of the props. I have been thinking as well. Are the two rear props on the correct motors? Same direction props have to be diagonally opposite each other.
With the two yellow arms at the front of the T380 and having it facing away from you:
Front left is CW as is the rear right.
And, as expected, front right and rear left are CCW

As it is, is the air blowing down or upward from all four props, especially the black rear two??
Phelec is offline Find More Posts by Phelec
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Yea the blades are right, if you look at the video I posted you can see the quad hovering at full power when being held by the landing gear. If they were on wrong it would be flipping round like crazy.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:35 AM
TBs are GO!....FAB....no..FPV!
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Nov 2010
242 Posts
Quote:
Yea the blades are right, if you look at the video I posted you can see the quad hovering at full power when being held by the landing gear. If they were on wrong it would be flipping round like crazy.
Duh, I realize that now. I just went back and looked again at the video and saw your text saying "the props are on correctly". Kind of hard with the quad away from you.
Phelec is offline Find More Posts by Phelec
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Flat, if you dont see any thing wrong with any copper wire worn off, one way to try is to fix up all properly and hold the model with hand above your head and power up till it almost want to lift off your hand.

and let it run a while and see any or that motor will fail. If it does, try also swap the motor to the next esc and see if the same motor also fail.

That way you can eliminate or isolate if that is the particular motor or cable is damage.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Flat, if you dont see any thing wrong with any copper wire worn off, one way to try is to fix up all properly and hold the model with hand above your head and power up till it almost want to lift off your hand.

and let it run a while and see any or that motor will fail. If it does, try also swap the motor to the next esc and see if the same motor also fail.

That way you can eliminate or isolate if that is the particular motor or cable is damage.
This is also in the video I posted before, not above the head but powered up full with a hand on the landing gear. No motor failed tho.

T380/2 (5 min 8 sec)
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Jan 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Hey thanks for the reply.

The thing is, I have just sold the quad and they guy who bought it sent me that video. It was working fine when I last used it and now he is having these issues.

I only had it about a week and never had it act like that. He said if I cant figure out the problem then he wants to get a full refund. Im stumped because he sent me another video of him doing the ACC calibration and then trying to fly it straight after and it still wants to flip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZve6iZIQo8

It must be something with the radio system surely? Could any damage from shipping it to him cause a fault like that? I know the New Zealand postal service tend to throw things around a lot. They warn you when you post an item that it needs to be packed well enough to survive being dropped from 4 feet onto the floor.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to solve it?
The settings of the remote control may be a problem.Mode and the type of aircraft, should be a wrong choice.You must also clear mixing.
If convenient, please upload pictures of remote control-related settings.