HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:32 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
I will hopefully get another chance to fly tomorrow and I will get some video.

When I landed it I did not reboot, just checked for loose props and anything out of the ordinary.

The surface I first powered up on is a path that runs through the field. Its pretty uneven but I carefully positioned the T380 before powering up so it was level and not wobbling. It hovered solid but as soon as it was moving with any speed it just became uncontrollable. And by speed I just mean kind of jogging speed. Nothing silly!
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:45 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
I will hopefully get another chance to fly tomorrow and I will get some video.

When I landed it I did not reboot, just checked for loose props and anything out of the ordinary.

The surface I first powered up on is a path that runs through the field. Its pretty uneven but I carefully positioned the T380 before powering up so it was level and not wobbling. It hovered solid but as soon as it was moving with any speed it just became uncontrollable. And by speed I just mean kind of jogging speed. Nothing silly!
It requires an initialization of the ground.Electrical connection on the ground, within 5 seconds, please do not touch it.You try flying.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
T380 new roof design and painting.

Which one is your favorite? Or what do you like?

Name: 1.jpg
Views: 21
Size: 19.8 KB
Description:

Name: 2.jpg
Views: 21
Size: 20.7 KB
Description:

Name: 3.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 24.2 KB
Description:

Name: 4.jpg
Views: 22
Size: 13.4 KB
Description:

Name: 5.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 24.9 KB
Description:

Name: 6.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 18.1 KB
Description:

Name: 7.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 18.7 KB
Description:
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Ok, Ive made sure all props are perfectly balanced, all screws are tight and thread locked, the FC board is not being nudged by any wires or the buzzer, I have re-calibrated the ACC on the ground, and repositioned my RX antennae on the outer side of the landing gear...

And today I flew 2 packs of really nice flight =) There was barely any breeze at all and I was getting some really nice and pretty fast circuits around the park. I also discovered how fun it is to do really fast passes as low as you dare to go haha! That was fun! I felt like Luke Skywalker!

I did notice that when the breeze picked up the T380 began bouncing around again though. I have to say Im definitely flying very carefully still as Im afraid it could lose control again but when there was no breeze at all I was really liking how much fun it was to fly.

I did get some video which I will upload when my friend gets home with the camera.
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:00 AM
TBs are GO!....FAB....no..FPV!
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Nov 2010
251 Posts
Quote:

I did get some video which I will upload when my friend gets home with the camera.
Will look forward to seeing the video.
Phelec is online now Find More Posts by Phelec
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelec View Post
Will look forward to seeing the video.

Will look forward to seeing the video,too
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
video?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Ok, Ive made sure all props are perfectly balanced, all screws are tight and thread locked, the FC board is not being nudged by any wires or the buzzer, I have re-calibrated the ACC on the ground, and repositioned my RX antennae on the outer side of the landing gear...

And today I flew 2 packs of really nice flight =) There was barely any breeze at all and I was getting some really nice and pretty fast circuits around the park. I also discovered how fun it is to do really fast passes as low as you dare to go haha! That was fun! I felt like Luke Skywalker!

I did notice that when the breeze picked up the T380 began bouncing around again though. I have to say Im definitely flying very carefully still as Im afraid it could lose control again but when there was no breeze at all I was really liking how much fun it was to fly.

Glad that you are feeling like Luke! But careful of Mr Gravity, he normally appeared at your surprising moment!

When you have low battery alarm on which is the beep, not advise to fly as the motor may not have enough power to do the stabilisation.

With some high C Lipo, i also notice it may have a sudden drop at the end of the capacity.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
If you haven't done it, put some open cell foam over the barometer to keep the turbulance off the transducer as that will cause it to get a little squirrelly. Also don't forget this is a light aircraft and it does get tossed around in the wind, but it's also good stick practice
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
LOTUSRC products generally feature comparison table.

The assembly is simple.

.T80
Assembly steps: a. assembled tripod. b. mounted on the rotor. c. installed receiver.
Elapsed time.: About 5 minutes

T380(regular version)
Assembly steps: .a. assembled tripod. b. mounted on the rotor. c. installed receiver.

T380(Advanced version)
Assembly steps:a. mounted on the rotor. b. installed receiver.

T580
Assembly steps: a. assembled tripod. .b. mounted on the blade. c. open the top cover, installed receiver. d. lock cover.
Elapsed time.:5 to 10 minutes

T580P+
Assembly steps: a. expand arm. b. assembled tripod. c. installed blades. d. installed receiver
Elapsed time.:10 to 15 minutes
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:04 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,362 Posts
The landing gear on these are garbage they break or bend with any little bump I have had to fix mine like 5 times.
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
The landing gear on these are garbage they break or bend with any little bump I have had to fix mine like 5 times.
Yep!, but it takes more than a "bump" to tweak them.
I have complete skids as well as CF rod already cut and notched, ready to go. Only replaced one side so far.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:16 PM
TBs are GO!....FAB....no..FPV!
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Nov 2010
251 Posts
I noticed also from the bump landings that the rotor arms have bent slightly the aluminum plate, making the rotor arms sag a bit. This makes the rotors pull slightly outward rather than directly upward. Is this detrimental to the flight stability? I feel that the carbon fiber version base plate may be better in that it will not stay bent, but bounce back to it's original flatness?
Phelec is online now Find More Posts by Phelec
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
If you're referring to the CF/ glass plate the Good Luck Buy sells, it's aluminum. I bought one
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
I just got one of these, it's a Christmas present so I won't get to play with it for a little while just yet, but I've had a chance to install my RX and fire it up.

I was just wondering if it's normal for one or more of the motors to struggle to start up at very low throttle? I was putting the power on gradually so I could test that I'd wired up the RX correctly and it took a fair bit of throttle for one of the motors to actually kick in.

I did give it a little hover test and had the same issue, although it doesn't seem to affect flight i'm a little concerned that I might have a dodgy motor.

I'm also wondering on the best way of mounting my RX, i'm pretty new to this and it's my first machine without everything built into one board so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also - can this thing not flip? I got the quad bug from an MQX and I love the fact that you can do flips, I assumed that was just normal behaviour for quads and that any quad should be able to flip given a bit of altitude.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders