scvjeff...where can I find those nylocks for the props
tttom is offline Find More Posts by tttom
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:59 AM
bat
cincinnati
Joined Jun 2003
1,459 Posts
I am really interested in how the motor and props just pop apart. What keeps these parts together during flight?
bat is offline Find More Posts by bat
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
hi all,

I'm new to quads. been flying heli for the past years n this is my first time doing quads. have a bit of issues with the t380. it is somehow not rotating to the left. does anyone know why? hovers fine just not rotating left.... can anyone please help....? many many thanks!
no one knows what's wrong......?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
turn probelm

Quote:
no one knows what's wrong......?
If your quad does Hover that means the motors are working, does it drift or turn by itself. if you adjust your trim full left or right does the quad move when the trim is moved)
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tallflyer; Jul 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
300 Posts
Quote:
hi all,

I'm new to quads. been flying heli for the past years n this is my first time doing quads. have a bit of issues with the t380. it is somehow not rotating to the left. does anyone know why? hovers fine just not rotating left.... can anyone please help....? many many thanks!
I have found that if you overload the T380 it will not yaw correctly. Secondly if you are using one of those grey SpringRC radio systems the pot on the yaw channel can cause problems.
HummingbirdRPV is online now Find More Posts by HummingbirdRPV
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom View Post
scvjeff...where can I find those nylocks for the props
Most hobby shops carry them in small packs.
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bat View Post
I am really interested in how the motor and props just pop apart. What keeps these parts together during flight?
Magic magnets!
Don't stress it, it won't come part
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
If your quad does Hover that means the motors are working, does it drift or turn by itself. if you adjust your trim full left or right does the quad move when the trim is moved)
Thanks for the reply =) It does rotate to the right when hovering and I've trimmed the tx all the way to counter it but no actual result. Im using a devo7 tx and the rx for it. I've tried to put on a 2801 rx and control it with the 2801tx and still the same. So i suspect it might be one of the motors has lost its full power.....not too sure myself.....
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummingbirdRPV View Post
I have found that if you overload the T380 it will not yaw correctly. Secondly if you are using one of those grey SpringRC radio systems the pot on the yaw channel can cause problems.
hi Hummingbird,

I've only attached a battery to it. It was rotating alright before until I have many bad crashes. =(
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
300 Posts
Quote:
hi Hummingbird,

I've only attached a battery to it. It was rotating alright before until I have many bad crashes. =(
There is a chance that with the many crashes the bearings in the motor have become damaged. First hold the quad down with a weight and run the motors. After a few minutes see if the motors are getting hot. If they are hot something is wrong with them. After they cool take the props off and run the motors slowly and listen them. If you hear a squeally noise or the sound change abruptly the bearings are bad. Usually the top one as it gets the most force in a crash. New bearings should not be that hard to find.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
There is a chance that with the many crashes the bearings in the motor have become damaged. First hold the quad down with a weight and run the motors. After a few minutes see if the motors are getting hot. If they are hot something is wrong with them. After they cool take the props off and run the motors slowly and listen them. If you hear a squeally noise or the sound change abruptly the bearings are bad. Usually the top one as it gets the most force in a crash. New bearings should not be that hard to find.
now it might makes sense... one of the back motors bearing is dropping out easily when I take the prop off.... so it might b the bearing... I will get it replaced n see if it rotates... thx for that mate
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
oh....can't seems to find the bearings in the supplier where i get the t380 from....where can i buy the bearings.....? or do i have to buy the whole motor....?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
300 Posts
Try LowPriceRC.com Look in the bearings tag. You will have to measure the OD and thickness of your bearing to get the right size. Of course they are 3mm ID. Cost about 3 bucks for five.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:05 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
300 Posts
Also if the bearings are falling out put a bit of paper in the hole before you put the bearing in. This will hold it in. Drip a little oil in the bearing before you put the rotor on, it will help it last longer.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
I use Tri-Flo with Teflon. The small bottle has a long and thin applicator tube making oiling them simple and controllable.
Also when checking the motors with props off, run only as long as necessary as the motors will heat up fast with no air being pulled by them (props off).