SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:33 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,783 Posts
Once you have gone through a successful Naza set up moving to the WKM is not difficult. A three position switch to set up vs two. The rest is very similar.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Nov 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Once you have gone through a successful Naza set up moving to the WKM is not difficult. A three position switch to set up vs two. The rest is very similar.
Naza setup was cake, once I realized I had a control surface reversed... So this gives me hope. =)
brianshell is offline Find More Posts by brianshell
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:53 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianshell View Post
Naza setup was cake, once I realized I had a control surface reversed... So this gives me hope. =)
You do have to calculate the Center of Gravity, and set the location of the IMU and GPS relative to the CoG. Not difficult but you have to read the instructions to make sure that you don't reverse the positive and negative numbers. You also have to deal with calibrating the compass. But if your three position switch is set up correctly that is a simple process as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gestaltung View Post

1, WKM is high level industrial product, will be extended with unlimited new features, and special hardware and software interfaces to be integrated with Spreading Wings S800 (which you might not know much), ZenMaster 2 and 3 axis (which you might guess what it is) and Ruling Controller (which you might have heard once).
This is ALL good, Very good. Can't wait!!!
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
what is care free? also if im only planning on flying a quad x config what would be the difference between the naza and bumblebee? ill only be flying quad x!
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
what is care free? also if im only planning on flying a quad x config what would be the difference between the naza and bumblebee? ill only be flying quad x!
care free = uses compass so no matter which way quad is facing, pitch 'forward' always pitches forward.

with quadx, bumblebee = naza - gimbal stabilization.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:54 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
is there a video showing care free? bc i still dont quite get it. and does anybody use the rabbit? i was thinking about buying it to try it out. but the xjet guy on youtube says to avoid goodluckbuy bc they are terrible at packaging stuff. im not planning on using a gimball so the bumble bee is probably better for me than right?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I've bought from GLB on ebay and it wasn't any worse packed than anything else I ever bought from China.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:22 AM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
So the same factory in SZ got 2 doors.

Front door : " DJI "
Back door : "Bumblebee"

Don't be surprised there is another side door : Employee selling off into black market ! This is how the chinese do businesses.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:52 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla View Post
So the same factory in SZ got 2 doors.

Front door : " DJI "
Back door : "Bumblebee"

Don't be surprised there is another side door : Employee selling off into black market ! This is how the chinese do businesses.
That's called the Mexican way in the U.S.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:59 AM View Post
haidar
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Group attack). It is temporarily hidden while haidar edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Is WKM difficult to setup like mikrokopter ? how plug and play is it ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,783 Posts
Not as difficult as a MK and no soldering! You still need to tune it to match your multi. Some people have had issues with esc's. The Plush series seems to work well and are not expensive but there are many others. You need a digital Tx and Rx, 8ch or better if you are planning to use a gimbal and tune your gains from your Tx. Also it requires a Windows machine to run the software. You can also use a Mac running a Windows emulator. 32bit or 64bit are both supported by the Assistant software. However, if you want to expand to the Ground Station, it only supports 32bit right now.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Thanks alot
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianshell View Post
By the way, back to the original topic for a moment... I decided to go ahead and shell out the dough for the WK-M. I'll have TWO complete setups when finished, one is the Flame Wheel 450 kit with the DJI Naza, and the other will be the XA 650 Hexa w/ the WK-M and the MC6500PRO camera mount.

Considering I've been doing multi-rotor for less than 10 days, I may be in over my head with the WK-M.. especially after the horror stories from TC on what it takes to configure it... Time will tell, I suppose.
That plan sounds almost exactly like mine. I'm waiting for the F450 w/Naza right now from DJIUSA. Thinking about ordering the WK-M for the next one and I have not received the first one yet - lol. I am waiting for the new DJI frame to come out.
aWanderer is offline Find More Posts by aWanderer