HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:34 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Discussion
OT: dirt bike racing 1-1 scale yipee!

Whos ready to watch a new year of motocross / supercross??!! Its going to be great I think, maybe even better than last year.

Tomorrow night supercross will be broadcasting live at Anahiem. Villopoto has reached his prime after winning absolutely everthing last year, not to mention $1 million purse last year. He should be on fire this season. Dungey and Decoster have had a good amount of time to get the ktm ready. Stewart went to Joe Gibbs Racing and looks well spirited on the new team. Reed is healthy. Only one that got hurt recently was Canard (again) I think with a collar bone break during fall practice. Ben Townley (UK?) looked fast at the monster energy cup, riding under procircuit kawasaki, so I wonder if he will be in the mix.

In the lites class (west coast), last years winner Broc Tickle actually moved up to the 450 class under procircuit. KTM Ken Roczen from germany broke his arm in training so he may make some races on east coast now. Did Hansen move up to 450 or will he be a weasel and stay back again lol. Havnt followed much on this class but Im always entertained by the racing in this class.

Yipee!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post

Whos ready to watch a new year of motocross / supercross??!! Its going to be great I think, maybe even better than last year.

Tomorrow night supercross will be broadcasting live at Anahiem. Villopoto has reached his prime after winning absolutely everthing last year, not to mention $1 million purse last year. He should be on fire this season. Dungey and Decoster have had a good amount of time to get the ktm ready. Stewart went to Joe Gibbs Racing and looks well spirited on the new team. Reed is healthy. Only one that got hurt recently was Canard (again) I think with a collar bone break during fall practice. Ben Townley (UK?) looked fast at the monster energy cup, riding under procircuit kawasaki, so I wonder if he will be in the mix.

In the lites class (west coast), last years winner Broc Tickle actually moved up to the 450 class under procircuit. KTM Ken Roczen from germany broke his arm in training so he may make some races on east coast now. Did Hansen move up to 450 or will he be a weasel and stay back again lol. Havnt followed much on this class but Im always entertained by the racing in this class.

Yipee!
Nice shot of RV flying low!!!
Yupp, Hansen moved up! Can't wait for him to put his first "dirty little block pass" on one of the Vets in the big class, lol... Poto or Bubba will put him in the second row seats! He's not mess'n in the "kids " class any more. He just needs to ride cause he's fast enough to podium occasionly and run in the top 5 or 6 most of the time, just quit the BS riding...Good season coming!! Should be some dog fights this year! Go Orange!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Jan 06, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:39 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Yeah that picture is just unreal. Look at where the footpeg is. Its practically scraping the jump he's scrubing so low.

Interesting about Hansen. He took a beating last year, both in the lites class, but also in the monster energy cup when he mouthed off that he'd take someone out if needed too. He later got hurt in practice lol. Entertaining to see what happens I guess.

I hadnt heard much about Christophe Pourcel since last summers firing from Motoconcepts team. Found a news blurb and looks like he's back racing FIM mx1 next year only. Bummer for us.

Ktm did a good thing hiring Decoster and now theres some great talent for the US to see them run. I dont see Dungey doing anything silly or pushing to the front much. He goes for consistency and picks his battles piece by piece, whereas others like bubba or rv go for it.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:19 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
935 Posts
It was a good race!!

2012 AMA Supercross RD 1 Anaheim HD (25 min 51 sec)
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Oh yeah. RV was on fire. He's hit a new level, JS7 speed level. Dungey and Reed looked solid same as last year, then JS7, wth happened there? He looked confident and ready. Was interesting to hear that both Jeff Ward and Jeremy McGrath started teams this season.

The lites class race was really good too. I didnt expect Dean Wilson on west coast class so he wont be battling Barcia like last year. By far the best performance was from Eli Tomac. He's got a great attitude. He was only 250 making that tricky triple that only some of the 450 guys started doing in the final. Im calling it now, I say he wins the lites class lol.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:46 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Oh yeah. RV was on fire. He's hit a new level, JS7 speed level. Dungey and Reed looked solid same as last year, then JS7, wth happened there? He looked confident and ready. Was interesting to hear that both Jeff Ward and Jeremy McGrath started teams this season.

The lites class race was really good too. I didnt expect Dean Wilson on west coast class so he wont be battling Barcia like last year. By far the best performance was from Eli Tomac. He's got a great attitude. He was only 250 making that tricky triple that only some of the 450 guys started doing in the final. Im calling it now, I say he wins the lites class lol.
Yup, Good race. Looked like the track was harder on the racers than the other racers, lol. All the key 450 boys tipped over except RV. I was shocked when Reed fell, and let Dungey and Stewart catch him, that Stewart had nothing for them!!. Usually that would fired him up enough to put on his usual "turbo speed" but not this week.......hmmmm, makes ya wonder if he's finally realizing he's human, lol.
Yeah, Tomac looked great coming thru the pack, Wilson looked like he was ill or hurting cause he never looked aggressive as usual. Glad the season got going!
Last edited by TopDave; Jan 12, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:57 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Man's Game

Stewart's GoPro helmet cam from A1 SX. Watch Josh Grant's #33 (all white) get off in the first lap. 45 MPH dirt sample. Track was slippery and rutty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3eNgHl95PGE
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
love how these guys bump each other and cut eachother up
but they seem to always keep composed and carry on with the job not like these motogp cry babys lol
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Weird how from that gopro perspective, the speeds dont look so fast...this stuff looks easy geez! Kidding. Hope they keep the gopro on JS all season, since theres always drama happening with him so getting his perspective will be fun to watch if so. Shows just how that holeshot may determine the champ this year, where Villopoto could just go wfo from the start while everyone else is bumping and hitting breaks so they dont collide. Pretty amazing RV had like a 20sec lead towards end of race, thats almost half the track length.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
I think the season opener showed us a few things: RV is still the man to beat, with his balance of speed, skill, and nerves of steel; Reed and Dungey are definitely in it for the title; and taking the outdoor season off maybe wasn't a good thing for Bubba, as we're seeing the same JS we saw most of last season -- really fast, but makes avoidable mistakes that cost him finishing position. Oh, and bummer about Canard being out -- I like seeing him battle it out with the other top guys.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:53 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Dodger Stadium race was crazy. Havnt seen the lites main yet thanks to CBS showing it today, but did see highlights of the 450 class. First start red flagged, and who was involved, but Trey Canard coming back from 3 injuries in 2011. Ryan Morialis landed on him.

Status on both: Trey is reported to have feeling in lower body but has minor spinal injury and some minor surgury soon. Ryan I heard broke his jaw and is getting it wired. Life is so cruel to the nicest people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd281...endscreen&NR=1
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
Another bummer for Trey Canard -- the guy has had some seriously bad luck lately. And although it was a shame that RV had his holeshot taken away when the Main was red-flagged, seeing his drive from next-to-last to finish in 4th position was pretty cool.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:17 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
935 Posts
Im so happy!

Well I cant believe it but I'm in Vegas this week with work and the triple crown million dollar race is tomorrow night. This is a bucket list number I can cross out now. I just wanted to share with you guys, this is a big deal for me. It makes up for all the bad things that happen this year. I will post a few pics tomorrow night.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 01:50 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
lol awesome Bam! The race is stacked more than last 2 so should be fun. I got it set to record Sunday due to my cable doesn't have the live show.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 01:30 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
935 Posts
I thought RV was going to clean house but he got hurt in the second race. I had a really good time, it was like a party with 30 thousand people. Met a lot of cool fans and everyone was just awesome.
Last edited by dragbikebam; Oct 20, 2013 at 05:43 PM.