SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by headshot001, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:22 PM
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Oct 2009
289 Posts
Build Log
Mountain Models Clipped Wing Cub

Just finished after 4 weeks building- a Mountain Models Cub. The build was quite easy, though I do not think it would be a good first build, as manual pics were unclear sometimes and a few parts were not labeled. . The balsa seemed to be fragile too. It is a quality kit though and comes with quality hardware, I was well pleased. Flew it today with mild wind and it flew great, first build I have had that flew like it was suppose to! Mine like to be landed with a little throttle, but was very stable and did aerobatics with ease. I set mine up with full throws and the rudder is quite responsive, but i am going to leave it that way.
headshot001 is offline Find More Posts by headshot001
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Rodrigo Navarro
Mexico, NL, Monterrey
Joined Aug 2011
56 Posts
Hello. I am planning to buy this model. Can you tell me what is your set up?. Motor, esc, battery, prop, servos. Thanks. BTW I like your scheme.

Regards
ronaca88 is offline Find More Posts by ronaca88
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Oct 2009
289 Posts
I used stuff from one of my favorite places- Headsuprc.

Motor http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...tor-1.9/Detail

Esc-http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-2133/HURC--22-Amp/Detail

I used their cheap 9g servos, 6 inch servo extensions, 3 cell 800ma lipo, and an orange Spektrum reciever. I covered mine in White Ultra Coat. Flies great, just does not like any wind. Flying on a 9x6 Master Airscrew prop.

Pretty robust too, mine spent almost 2 weeks in the top of a pine tree with 3 bad rain/thunderstorm events. It finally fell out, I replaced cowl and it still flies great!
headshot001 is offline Find More Posts by headshot001