HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Discussion
Dynam I Can Fly / LANYU TWI

Dynam I Can Fly / LANYU TWI
I was thinking about getting one of these. I can't find any reviews for them. So, I thought I'd ask you guy. This will be my first 4 channel plane. If you have ever owned one how is the durability or quality.

Also, what makes a plan 3D?

Thanks

Dynam I Can Fly
http://www.nitroplanes.com/newdyicanfl4.html

LANYU TW
http://www.bananahobby.com/2085.html
dociledragons is offline Find More Posts by dociledragons
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
389 Posts
Lanyu

My kids gave me one of the lanyu (TW-747) cessna aircraft last year for Christmas. I have flown it off and on during the year. Same outfit in your link though I have no idea if they bought it from bananahobby or not. It was fairly easy to learn to fly with this model even though it is a 4 channel. It got me back into the hobby I had enjoyed many many (MANY) years ago

I intend to build a J3 cub model this winter and am enjoying the rc hobby again.

Be aware that the tx (at least the one in mine) is a 27Mhz FM. Not really a problem as it is unlikely that anyone else at a flying field uses that frequency but always remember to check. I Now have a Futaba 8FG Super tx and bought an orange RX fasst compatible for it. Overkill perhaps? lol

Can't comment on the dynam but for the money the Lanyu is lots of fun.

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmors View Post
My kids gave me one of the lanyu (TW-747) cessna aircraft last year for Christmas. I have flown it off and on during the year. Same outfit in your link though I have no idea if they bought it from bananahobby or not. It was fairly easy to learn to fly with this model even though it is a 4 channel. It got me back into the hobby I had enjoyed many many (MANY) years ago

I intend to build a J3 cub model this winter and am enjoying the rc hobby again.

Be aware that the tx (at least the one in mine) is a 27Mhz FM. Not really a problem as it is unlikely that anyone else at a flying field uses that frequency but always remember to check. I Now have a Futaba 8FG Super tx and bought an orange RX fasst compatible for it. Overkill perhaps? lol

Can't comment on the dynam but for the money the Lanyu is lots of fun.

Jim
Thanks for the replay. Was wondering about durability? Also, how does it fly?
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Dec 2010
389 Posts
Durability

The Lanyu seems to be quite durable. Mine came with 2 extra propellers. In the time I have had mine I have had a few ... let's say... less than ideal landings But they say "any landing you can walk away from is a good one"! So far I have broken one propeller. Keep in mind that I consider myself a rank beginner but I did fly rc almost 30 years ago. I also practiced on a sim for quite some time (FMS RC Sim, it's free).

One thing to be aware of with I assume pretty much any of the trainer cessna s like this is that you want to make sure you trim and balance everything mechanically before you take flight for the first time. In other words, make sure that with the transmitter on and the battery plugged in (throttle off) the elevator is as level ad straight as you can get it, the rudder is centered and the ailerons on the wing are even as well. Do this mechanically (by adjusting the control horn connections) so that any TX trim you need to make while in the air is minor.

She flys smooth, not an acrobatic plane by any means but really fun to fly scale which is really what I enjoy doing. Frankly I thought that I would have needed to buy something else before now due to crashes but she still flys true. I can do rolls, loops and even inverted flight now. With the near 40" wing span it isn't a bird for high winds, anything over 5 mph is too much but you want to fly in little to no wind at first anyhow. Here in South Dakota that means I fly mostly in the early morning

You will want an extra battery or two, that goes for pretty much anything you buy, the NiMH one it comes with lasts about 8 to 10 minutes of flight time depending on the amount of throttle you use. If you have the option to pick up an extra with your order I would recommend it.

The Dynam looks to be pretty much the same setup with a slightly different design.

Hope I have been helpful.

Have Fun!

Jim
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
I was looking at this one:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-sk...oflap-4ch.html

But, Am confused when it says "no flap" in the item number. Do you know what this means?
Last edited by dociledragons; Jan 07, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Dec 2010
389 Posts
The Airfield Sky Trainer has a model that includes flaps, this one apparently is a straight 4 channel (ailreron, rudder, elevator and throttle). Flaps are situated on the wing next to the ailerons and can be used to slow the plane down for landing and can be used on take off as well. I have no experience with flaps on a plane but as a relative beginner I think they are something best left for a second plane.

This plane looks to be an overall better value actually as it has a 2.4 ghz tx/rx with it (better range, no interference worries with possible people on the same channel, etc). There are several threads here in this aircraft and it appears to be fairly popular.