HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2003, 06:25 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,435 Posts
Needed: Plans for bluecor SLOW flyer

Hi,
I'm kinda new at indoor stuff - 5 weeks/sessions.
I am looking for a bluecor SLOW flyer, would expect something with a LOW wing loading. GWS gear is readily available at my favorite LHS. Prefer 2S or 3S lipo (kokam 1020, 1200) power.
Plans anyone?

My Slow Stick will fly again as soon as I figure how to fix/replace the LE/landing gear mount. But it is a bit big and I have managed to break the mount, bend the tube, destroy the wing (I HATE backboards!), break many 11x8 props, bend several shafts (replaced twice) and generally bend up the tail. But it still looks better than some of the others that are "flying" with me.

My Super Fly RC Super Flea Twin is a scream and VERY tough (bounces off steel roof beams). But it is a bit on the fast side for me. I need something slower to practice with so I can settle down on the sticks.

Thanks,
Crash
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2003, 09:29 AM
Austin, Texas
Joined Mar 2003
149 Posts
hey Crash,
You may want to build a variation of Gene Bond's bluestick if you're looking for a bluecor slow flyer.

http://www.geocities.com/genebond/BluStik.html

Between the backboards, the Super Fleas and that air handler...that's a pretty perilous place to fly!
Beaux is offline Find More Posts by Beaux
Old Oct 06, 2003, 09:21 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,435 Posts
Checking it out.
thanks,
Crash
Old Oct 07, 2003, 05:44 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2003
1,114 Posts
Crash,

http://www.flyelectric.ukgateway.net/indoor.htm

Blue foam + GWS bits + LiPolys = lots of fun!!

Graham
Salto is offline Find More Posts by Salto
Old Oct 07, 2003, 06:51 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,435 Posts
Butterfly???
Thanks,
Crash
Old Oct 07, 2003, 07:59 PM
Fanfold abuser
Rochester Monroe Cty, New York, United States
Joined Aug 2002
1,577 Posts
Lots of choices

If you are willing to set yourself to split F3 there are tons of choices. Here is a recent post with splitting links http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...34#post1368034

If you build Hippo's Blue Frog in split F3, use a LPS motor and a small lipoly, you will have a big, slow, fine flying plane. If you search my posts you will find a number of workable split F3 examples.

Good luck.

John
Jgardner is offline Find More Posts by Jgardner