HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2001, 04:22 AM
Bellevue, WA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
94 Posts
Best North American source for Hacker brushless motors?

Subject says it all. I'm in the market for a Hacker B40-xxL series brushless motor. So far I've heard about http://www.icare-rc.com and http://www.aero-model.com , but I'd like to consider all possible sources (not only those two). I'm looking for the best price and a good customer service reputation.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers.
ShinySteelRobot is offline Find More Posts by ShinySteelRobot
Last edited by ShinySteelRobot; Oct 30, 2001 at 04:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2001, 04:58 AM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
Well, considering that Aeromodel is the US distributor, that would be a good place to start. You might also want to check with Gordon Tarling...excellent prices, excellent service, and shipping is not as bad nor does it take as long as you might expect. No, I don't work for him...like someone said, he just has some of my money and I have some of his stuff.

The "problem" is finding the specific motor you want...he makes so many different winds that the ideal motor for your application might be tough to find. So you may have to just go with whoever's got what you want in stock, unless you want to wait.
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY
Old Oct 30, 2001, 09:14 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
www.electricjetfactory.com also carry Hacker
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Oct 30, 2001, 09:48 AM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,868 Posts
Why not go direct to Hacker in Germany? You get exactly what you want without having to wait for a distributor to order it. It's fast and they speak English.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Oct 30, 2001, 01:56 PM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
Hey Dave,
Does he take credit cards? He usually is very responsive, but I've asked him several times about this but never got an answer.
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY
Old Oct 30, 2001, 02:38 PM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,868 Posts
Don't know. I sent an international money order.

Germans are pretty funny about credit cards. Not so long ago I had my luggage impounded by a German hotel because I didn't have cash and they wouldn't take credit. I had to go to a bank to get cash. Hard to imagine a country with a banking system more antiquated than Canada's
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers