Sorry, meant 333hz
neoalchemist74 is offline Find More Posts by neoalchemist74
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
us is the centering position and hz is the operating frequency, correct?
Old May 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoalchemist74 View Post
us is the centering position and hz is the operating frequency, correct?
correct. 1520us is the center pulse width and 333Hz is the update frequency or frame rate.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old May 31, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
228 Posts
I'm just trying to ascertaiun that the ZYX-S does actually work fine for some of you guys. Does anybody else suffer the tail not holding at all when hitting Hold?? I mentioned earlier that my heli spins through about 90 degrees on selecting Hold in flight just before landing. What opinion do you guys have about the holding power of this gyro? .... especially anyone flying 450s?
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv
Old May 31, 2012, 10:32 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
744, what transmitter are you using and what are your gain settings in the transmitter for both rate and avcs?
Old May 31, 2012, 10:38 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
And is this the only time you have a problem, or does the tail kick out on you during collective pitch pumping maneuvers?
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:28 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
228 Posts
Quote:
And is this the only time you have a problem, or does the tail kick out on you during collective pitch pumping maneuvers?
Hi, this is a newly built helicopter and my first FBL. Only flown it twice and it is v windy here so I'm not get more flight info that I would dearly like. Heli is Tarot 450 , Savox SH-1357 tail servo, ball is about 8.5 mm from centre, DX8 HH gain set at 38% and rate (not flown but just used to centre tail) at 40%. I tried one (non aggressive) pitch pump and the tail appeared to hold OK .... I need to try more.

Ideas I have at the moment are:
Try a few different headspeeds (need to get a tach ... telemetry on my other heli)
Try some other blades .... have only tried original set so far)
Try rx voltage on 6.0v ... currently 5.2v
Try moving rx to give a little more slack on wires to ZYX-S
Try a Sat rx

I'm after two things .... someone to say "yeah this gyro holds my 450 like a good 'un" to give me some confidence that there is a genuine target in sight. And also anyone who might chip in to give me other ideas to add to the above list that maybe works for 3 axis gyros (of which I have little experience).

Thanks for your replies
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:18 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
I have that gyro and heli and love it enough to put a secon one in my fusion 50.
I'm using a dx6i and if I drop my gain below 49 in hh mode the gyro automatically switches into rate mode. My gain, and I think most others with spectrum transmitters, is around 70. Try bumping your gain up to 65 or so and see if that solves your problem.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:57 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,512 Posts
Hey 744,

make sure your DX8 doesn't have a different Tail gain settings programmed in for TH mode.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:43 AM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Dec 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
I'm using a dx6i and if I drop my gain below 49 in hh mode the gyro automatically switches into rate mode. My gain, and I think most others with spectrum transmitters, is around 70. Try bumping your gain up to 65 or so and see if that solves your problem.
Just to put this out there....although true for the 6i, the DX7s and DX8 use different ranges for gyro gain...they use -100 to 0 for Rate, and > 0 to 100 for HH mode.
Skidpad is offline Find More Posts by Skidpad
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
228 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. Cannot fly for a few days .... but will get onto this problem as soon as I can ...... Sat rx mounted on the boom sounds like a good way to go .... will review that one. Will also check that TH gain ..... didn't put any different gains under TH ... so don't expect it to be there!! But who knows. Frankly I forgot there was an option to do that!!

Now another one. I failed to understand the instructions on the Tarot software regarding binding with a Sat rx ..... especially the bit about how the rx/gyro is powered during the bind process. Any enlightenment?
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:03 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
228 Posts
Quote:
I have that gyro and heli and love it enough to put a secon one in my fusion 50.
I would love to see a close up of your wiring, any chance of a picture? .... how much slack is there? ..... any chance of vibes being transmitted? ...... how many / what make of gyro mounting pad did you use????
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Apr 2011
85 Posts
Heya peeps. I have a strange issue with my zyx01 equiped 450pro. I had the heli flying nice and decided to invest in some faster servos for the cyclic as I my flying was advancing faster than I anticipated and the Henge 933's were developing gear gear slop and their cases were starting to crack. Liked the MKS ds95's so I went with the new Turnigy TGY-306G clones. All 4 servos tested well and the servo horns sat at 90 degrees on the spline off the bat so I put them on the cyclic and tail and checked for any variation in the setup but it turns out they were a direct swap, didn't even have to touch the swash sub trim as the swash tool showed the swash was perfectly flat at mid stick and I got +/- 12 deg pitch at 60 collective.
Test flew the heli and it lifted off smoothly until it got about 3 feet in the air then produced a hell fast cyclic oscillation, it wasn't a wobble it was a shake as the oscillation was so fast, I was worried the heli was going to come apart. Tail held solid so I tried to bring it down slowly but the heli response was way to darty and it started to drift right at which point I knew if I didn't drop the heli I would completely loose it so I dropped it from 3-4 feet onto grass. Only damage was from the tail catching in the grass and stripping off the tail belt.
What I don't understand is why I would get such an crazy cyclic oscillation with stronger faster servos when there was no problem before. There was a cyclic wobble getting worse with the henge servos but this I attributed to the developing gear slop and cracking cases as it wasn't there after I got the mechanical setup right and it slowly came back after 20 to 25 flights as the gear slop developed.
Gyro is setup on beginner with custom tail adjustments, I could experiment with the gain settings but since its almost certain I will damage the heli each time I test it until I find the problem it would be a much less frustrating process if some of the more knowledgeable folk on this thread could advise me where the problem may lie.

Servos are are running on 6 volts so the stats for them are 0.06 sec over 60 degrees with 3.00 kg of torque.

Could it be that the Beginner configuration is not suitable for servos like these?
smash77 is offline Find More Posts by smash77
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:00 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
What holes on the servo arms are you using? In other words how's the mechanical gain looking?

The beginner settings do not change all that much to be honest. It just limits agility settings and the throws. It also changes some other stuff in the advanced menu you might want to double check.

Are you sure you've set the correct cyclic and tail servo type? I'd go over that again, before you destroy those servos.

Also, did you increase your headspeed somehow? Because with a higher headspeed you need less gain too.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:33 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 744drv View Post
I'm just trying to ascertaiun that the ZYX-S does actually work fine for some of you guys. Does anybody else suffer the tail not holding at all when hitting Hold?? I mentioned earlier that my heli spins through about 90 degrees on selecting Hold in flight just before landing. What opinion do you guys have about the holding power of this gyro? .... especially anyone flying 450s?
I have ZYX without S and sufer of 90 spins after TH too. I think its because of slow tail servo and low RPM of rotor.
ablack is offline Find More Posts by ablack