HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
I`m not sure where to place this post.... It looks like a new 3GYS is coming that will be able to use sat. rx.......http://www.alzrc.com/en/DownloadView.asp?/49.html
thank you kind sir...good to know...
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:45 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Drum View Post
Had my ZYX-S set up using John's software everything worked perfect. Then I updated firmware, still worked perfect. Then I finally got instructions on binding to a satellite. Binding went flawless. After binding I removed the dual male connector, then re-powered system and it went through initialization then I got a blinking yellow light. That is all it will do!! It will not connect to computer or field programmer.

Now what????

I will try to put it back on full Rx tomorrow and see what happens.

If anybody has any ideas, suggestions or the same problem they have fixed please let me know.

Thanks

Doug
Perhaps it's await the bind with the Tx. Try binding again but make sure the Tx is not too close to the gyro.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Drum View Post
Had my ZYX-S set up using John's software everything worked perfect. Then I updated firmware, still worked perfect. Then I finally got instructions on binding to a satellite. Binding went flawless. After binding I removed the dual male connector, then re-powered system and it went through initialization then I got a blinking yellow light. That is all it will do!! It will not connect to computer or field programmer.

Now what????

I will try to put it back on full Rx tomorrow and see what happens.

If anybody has any ideas, suggestions or the same problem they have fixed please let me know.

Thanks

Doug
My FBL software does not set the RX mode (yet). Did you use the Tarot version 3.0 software to change the type of RX that you have connected the satellite?
If not, as you say, you may need to connect to the conventional RX, then change the setting with the Tarot software before using the Satellite.

I have just gone through the settings with the Tarot software and discovered that there is only 1 difference for the configuration and that is the receiver mode setting (plus some extra values for the swash/aircraft type). So it shouldn't be a biggie to change the FBL software.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:59 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Let us know if you get a response - I emailed them and Ehirobo a month ago and have heard nothing
Great news!
I've managed to revive my CX-3X1000!
It's been in a digital coma since I tried to put the Tarot firmware on it.
KY-Model and eHIROBO have both very kindly sent me the bin file of the original CX firmware for the 3X1000. I re-flashed it and it's working again! Phew...

As soon as I get the OK from them I will post the file on here.
Xizor is offline Find More Posts by Xizor
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:16 AM
Brewster, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
195 Posts
K.i.s.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzme View Post
So my heli is pretty stable once is lifts off but immediately when it lifts off it wants to yaw left about 90 degrees then it stabilizes. ...is that pretty normal? Is my head speed not high enough?
FWIW. I was so hung up trying to get the zyx set up that I was overlooking the obvious. Turns out that my belt was loose. Keep it simple. (me being the stupid one not you guys )
buzzme is offline Find More Posts by buzzme
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:23 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xizor View Post
Great news!
I've managed to revive my CX-3X1000!
It's been in a digital coma since I tried to put the Tarot firmware on it.
KY-Model and eHIROBO have both very kindly sent me the bin file of the original CX firmware for the 3X1000. I re-flashed it and it's working again! Phew...

As soon as I get the OK from them I will post the file on here.
Excellent news! Thanks. I hope they agree.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:31 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,910 Posts
I note in the Tarot v3 software, they say that if for any reason the firmware update is interrupted, the gyro can be restored by selecting the coms port and repeating the flash. I can understand this, because the protected bootloader starts first and looks to see if the button is pressed, before it executes the main firmware. It's good to know that it's very safe to flash these gyros.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Apr 2009
22 Posts
CX3X1000 Firmware

Firmware is now available at ky-model.com

Note: May just be the original firmware for unbrick purposes.
danau is offline Find More Posts by danau
Last edited by danau; Apr 16, 2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added note
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
915 Posts
here is the link
http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/CX-3X1000v1-0.bin
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:22 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Yeehhhaaaahhhhh - thanks Xizor and danau - the Copterx Firmware un-bricked my 3X1000 as well
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:28 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,910 Posts
Quote:
Yeehhhaaaahhhhh - thanks Xizor and danau - the Copterx Firmware un-bricked my 3X1000 as well
Yay, Mike! Glad to hear it.

Thanks, danau and Xizor.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:38 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
Good news Mike!
I don't know if it was me who prompted them or they were about to release it anyway.

Many thanks to KY-Model for their excellent service.
Xizor is offline Find More Posts by Xizor
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
Australia, QLD, Yeppoon
Joined Jul 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
I will second that thanks........great news..will do mine over the next day or two as well.
Mackshot is offline Find More Posts by Mackshot
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Quick question, and not trying to be a smart!$&@.
I notice alot of people trying to crossflash their copterx gyros and then messing them up. Why not just buy the Tarot in the first place? Is there somthing better about the copterx?
hudsonaj36 is offline Find More Posts by hudsonaj36
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonaj36 View Post
Quick question, and not trying to be a smart!$&@.
I notice alot of people trying to crossflash their copterx gyros and then messing them up. Why not just buy the Tarot in the first place? Is there somthing better about the copterx?
Tarot came out with a firmware update that was supposed to address a couple of issues, one of which it sounded as if a few people had encountered, so it seemed like a good idea at the time
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC