HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xizor View Post
Update - It seems you are able to force a re-flash even though the software shows the FBL unit as not connected.
I was able to re-flash the 2.5 firmware again twice, but still no joy. No leds lit and all servos dead.
I'm sure if you could re-flash the original CopterX firmware all would work again.

Where can I get that from, I wonder?

There should have been an option to save the original firmware, I feel.
Too late for that now... argh!!
Sorry to hear that mate - I'm in exactly the same position, waiting for Copterx to release some updated firmware
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I`m not sure where to place this post.... It looks like a new 3GYS is coming that will be able to use sat. rx.......http://www.alzrc.com/en/DownloadView.asp?/49.html
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Last edited by IFHELI; Apr 14, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:49 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Sorry to hear that mate - I'm in exactly the same position, waiting for Copterx to release some updated firmware
Is there any way that the original CX firmware could be extracted from a working 3X1000?
Anyone?
JohnNZ maybe?
Xizor is offline Find More Posts by Xizor
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:30 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Is there any way that the original CX firmware could be extracted from a working 3X1000?
Anyone?
JohnNZ maybe?
Not via the main upload protocol. But the jtag connections from the chip are connected to the connector pins. I don't know what functions are allowed with the jtag reader on this chip, but if the uploadable memory section is not read protected then it may be possible to read the image. But even if that was possible, you would need to figure out the starting. address. On top of all of that, the image may be encrypted before it is sent to the gyro.

I think people are just going to be patient and wait until copterx release a firmware upgrade, it will certainly be the path of least resistance.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Not via the main upload protocol. But the jtag connections from the chip are connected to the connector pins. I don't know what functions are allowed with the jtag reader on this chip, but if the uploadable memory section is not read protected then it may be possible to read the image. But even if that was possible, you would need to figure out the starting. address. On top of all of that, the image may be encrypted before it is sent to the gyro.

I think people are just going to be patient and wait until copterx release a firmware upgrade, it will certainly be the path of least resistance.
OK, thanks for the reply John.
Just for the record, I've emailed KY-Model requesting a firmware file, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully the new upgrade won't be long.

Cheers
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Here`s a zip of V3.0en
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
899 Posts
John I think you should put something in your software to stop people from doing this (cross Flashing) tell CopterX releases a firmware of there own or one to repair units that people have already Bricked.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
I`m not sure where to place this post.... It looks like a new 3GYS is coming that will be able to use sat. rx.......http://www.alzrc.com/en/DownloadView.asp?/49.html
Gosh, that's interesting. Completely different unit to these low cost units. Looks like the one I saw being made by the people (Robird) that made the Tarot GY650.
http://www.robirdrc.net/

It will be interesting to see the price and how well it flies. Can't wait.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:57 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,886 Posts
Yep, it's the Robird G31. Here's the G31 manual:
http://www.robirdrc.net/G31/G31_Setup_8_en.pdf
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Apr 14, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Yep... I was checking the robird out and it is identical.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
John I think you should put something in your software to stop people from doing this (cross Flashing) tell CopterX releases a firmware of there own or one to repair units that people have already Bricked.
Trouble is, the protocol for doing the upgrade doesn't distinguish between the different models. Nor does anything stop you trying to send some arbitrary file to the unit, you can send it any file you like.

Best I could do is offering a warning to make sure that you have firmware that matches the make of gyro you are using and that you may be at risk of turning it into a brick.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I tried the ZYX-S v3.01 in my early CX-3X1000, that is crossflashed to the ZYX. I decided to use the FBL app this time. The flash failed and just left the red light lit solid, so I decided to flash back to 2.5. I opened the 2.5 firmware and used the upgrade but at the end the red led was lit solid again.

I then decided to use the v3 Tarot app to flash the v2.5 firmware and the gyro was restored and worked fine. So I decided I would try flashing the v3.01 firmware again using the Tarot app, and again was left with the solid red led. Flashed back to v2.5 again and all was well.

I'm not sure why the FBL flash to v2.5 didn't work.

NOTE: I was able to crossflash my CX to a ZYX, because it was an early version (no silver edges on the blue part of the case). Others that have tried this have failed and the gyro is no longer usable.
Maybe it is that timing issue that I spoke about a while back. I may add a parameter in the fbl.ini file to allow you to control the time delay between blocks.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:17 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
OK, thanks for the reply John.
Just for the record, I've emailed KY-Model requesting a firmware file, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully the new upgrade won't be long.

Cheers
Let us know if you get a response - I emailed them and Ehirobo a month ago and have heard nothing
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Last edited by MikeHRC; Apr 15, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:03 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Let us know if you get a response - I emailed them and Ehirobo a month ago and have heard nothing
Yes, will do.
I've just emailed eHIROBO as well. Maybe if everyone else who has the same problem does the same we may get a result.

Cheers
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:31 PM
Jonesboro, AR
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
Had my ZYX-S set up using John's software everything worked perfect. Then I updated firmware, still worked perfect. Then I finally got instructions on binding to a satellite. Binding went flawless. After binding I removed the dual male connector, then re-powered system and it went through initialization then I got a blinking yellow light. That is all it will do!! It will not connect to computer or field programmer.

Now what????

I will try to put it back on full Rx tomorrow and see what happens.

If anybody has any ideas, suggestions or the same problem they have fixed please let me know.

Thanks

Doug
2Drum is offline Find More Posts by 2Drum