HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
The v3.0 PC software appears to work fine with the standard ZYX, but I haven't tried everything. The v3.01 firmware does not work in the standard ZYX.

Even though v3 seems to work with the standard ZYX, I see no reason to change from using John's app. I prefer the extra features his app has.
Now that I have a ZYX-S I can do the analysis and add the new features to the FBL program. It looks pretty much the same unless you are not using the gyro on a heli.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Can,t wait I really like ur program. winds been about 20 mph here so I havent got to test katana with zyx s. The tail worked better when I set it up in heli mode and could put tail in heading hold mode
VISTAVEGA is offline Find More Posts by VISTAVEGA
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
298 Posts
I was able to get it working and the ZYX to connect. I have it all setup now except I need shorter linkage arms then the Tarot ones supplied to stay at 90 on the servo arms. I am trying it on a Furion 450 and only changed out the head and not the shaft. I found I needed to delete all the drivers from the Flymentor software and then, as all had said, battery, Tx and Rx on. I had to start the software first then plug in the USB for it to recognize. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.
Thanks again everyone.

Dave
Birdman4498 is offline Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:42 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,747 Posts
Anyone know which gain adjustment might help an oscillation in the swash , it seems it is side to side but it may be front to back as well.

It is on my 550
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Anyone know which gain adjustment might help an oscillation in the swash , it seems it is side to side but it may be front to back as well.

It is on my 550
I would start with the Pitch and Roll gains on the Gyro Total Gains menu, drop them by 5 points and see if that resolves it
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:10 AM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
The v3.0 PC software appears to work fine with the standard ZYX, but I haven't tried everything. The v3.01 firmware does not work in the standard ZYX.

Even though v3 seems to work with the standard ZYX, I see no reason to change from using John's app. I prefer the extra features his app has.
Thank you for clarifying.
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:17 AM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
at the risk of sounding sarcastic, that last problem sounds like telling a surgeon I have a broken bone but not certain if it's my arm or leg would you perform the operation please? I am 5'-10"
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:19 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
I tried the ZYX-S v3.01 in my early CX-3X1000, that is crossflashed to the ZYX. I decided to use the FBL app this time. The flash failed and just left the red light lit solid, so I decided to flash back to 2.5. I opened the 2.5 firmware and used the upgrade but at the end the red led was lit solid again.

I then decided to use the v3 Tarot app to flash the v2.5 firmware and the gyro was restored and worked fine. So I decided I would try flashing the v3.01 firmware again using the Tarot app, and again was left with the solid red led. Flashed back to v2.5 again and all was well.

I'm not sure why the FBL flash to v2.5 didn't work.

NOTE: I was able to crossflash my CX to a ZYX, because it was an early version (no silver edges on the blue part of the case). Others that have tried this have failed and the gyro is no longer usable.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Apr 14, 2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Crossflash warning
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:30 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
719 Posts
Is it not possible to brick the gyro crossflashing all these different updates?
BarnOwl is online now Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:18 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
By the looks of it, as long as you have a valid update to restored to, no.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:43 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
719 Posts
Ok, tnx....It's the same drill as flashing my Android......I actually wonder if any hardware can be bricked by a (faulty) firmware change.
BarnOwl is online now Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:06 AM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
The 3.1 firmware upgrade is needed so the ZYX-S(2.1) can use all the functions in new version of the 3.0 PC program. The english version is alittle different than the chinese version.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Last edited by IFHELI; Apr 14, 2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: wrong words
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:23 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
Ok, tnx....It's the same drill as flashing my Android......I actually wonder if any hardware can be bricked by a (faulty) firmware change.
Unfortunately yes - I (and a couple of others) have tried cross-flashing a Copterx 3X1000 with the Tarot ZYX firmware and bricked our 3X1000s. Unfortunately Copterx haven't released any firmware yet, so I can't reflash to original firmware. BF and some others have had success however which is even more confusing
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:17 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
29 Posts
HELP! - I think I may have bricked my C3X1000 as well.

I stupidly tried to crossflash it with the Tarot 2.5 firmware before I read about some of the problems. I used JohnNZ's v1.21 software and all seemed to go well. The upgrade completed sucessfully, but now it's just dead. Although the red led does flash if I power on with the set button pressed. I can't connect to John's s/w though.
How is it possible to re-flash back to the original if you can't connect up to a PC?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Xizor is offline Find More Posts by Xizor
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:00 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2007
29 Posts
Update - It seems you are able to force a re-flash even though the software shows the FBL unit as not connected.
I was able to re-flash the 2.5 firmware again twice, but still no joy. No leds lit and all servos dead.
I'm sure if you could re-flash the original CopterX firmware all would work again.

Where can I get that from, I wonder?

There should have been an option to save the original firmware, I feel.
Too late for that now... argh!!
Xizor is offline Find More Posts by Xizor