HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman4498 View Post
I am attempting to set up my ZYX by computer and I can't seem to get it connected. I have tried everything I can think of and it would appear the software is not recognising the dongle. It says not connect and the lights stay red. I have installed and uninstalled the driver several times have the comport on 2 and still nothing. I am just about at my wits end. I beleive I had it connected sometime ago never really in the heli but started using a flymentor and software which took a while to setup. I have removed the flymentor, didn't have much luck with it and am going FBL anyway and now I would like to use the ZYX but can't get it to connect on pc I am running windows vista and the usb driver loads but the software won't recognise. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Try my FBL software from http://fbl.net.nz, use the testing version.

It will only show com ports that are registered with the system.

You might also like to change the USB adapter from com2 to a higher number. There is information on the FBL web site in the info section on how to do this.

Also make sure you have RX connected to gyro and have TX on and connected to RX.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
365 Posts
Thanks for the info John, originally it setup on com 5 I have tried several others and also have tried your software but still nothing. Your software shows com 1, 2 and 3 and no others. If others were available would it show? I have also tried several configs and different startup sequences and still nothing. Correct me if I am wrong but with only the dongle plugged in and then starting the Tarot software doesn't it change to connected even without the gyro hooked up. I have tried it with it on also and with rx and bat etc. still nothing
Birdman4498 is online now Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:43 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
No the gyro must be connected and initialized (Rx and Tx on), before the software will allow a connect.

Have you seen the information on John's site here:
http://fbl.net.nz/info/adapter
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:24 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
BirdMan,

You need to have your Rx bound to the Tx, and the rudder and aileron leads from the FBL unit connected to the Rx to get the FBL unit to initialise.

Good luck ,
Mike
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Last edited by MikeHRC; Apr 13, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:02 AM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
Tarot has released the english version of 3.0........http://www.kingwjg.com/tool/ZYX3.0EN.rar
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:36 AM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
Is 3.0 for ZYX-S only and 2.5 the latest for the original ZYX-01?
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:37 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
Tarot has released the english version of 3.0........http://www.kingwjg.com/tool/ZYX3.0EN.rar
Thanks, I hadn't seen that, will save me learning to read Chinese
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info John, originally it setup on com 5 I have tried several others and also have tried your software but still nothing. Your software shows com 1, 2 and 3 and no others. If others were available would it show? I have also tried several configs and different startup sequences and still nothing. Correct me if I am wrong but with only the dongle plugged in and then starting the Tarot software doesn't it change to connected even without the gyro hooked up. I have tried it with it on also and with rx and bat etc. still nothing
You won't get the connected status and green lights until the connection to the gyro is successful . Just plugging in the dongle won't do it.

As Been Flying says check out my blurb on the fbl.net.nz site.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
365 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the information. John, I had gone to your very informative site and reviewed the info before I posted. I got too ticked so I gave up last night and will try again today when I get home from work. As I said, I have tried all manners of configuration and still no green lights but, after seeing Mike's post I think I know what I am doing wrong. I was trying to initialise the unit without having the servos connected only the Tx, Rx, battery and ZYX. It is not in the copter as yet as I wanted to select the correct servos. After reading the info I didn't want to cause any damage to the unit or servos by having digital instead of analog etc. I hope that is the issue and not the flymentor software causing the problem. Hopefully the next post will be to advise of my success.
Birdman4498 is online now Find More Posts by Birdman4498
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Most units come default 1520 so its safe for digital and analog !!You can match servos once you begin setup!
im2tall is offline Find More Posts by im2tall
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Quote:
Thanks everyone for all the information. John, I had gone to your very informative site and reviewed the info before I posted. I got too ticked so I gave up last night and will try again today when I get home from work. As I said, I have tried all manners of configuration and still no green lights but, after seeing Mike's post I think I know what I am doing wrong. I was trying to initialise the unit without having the servos connected only the Tx, Rx, battery and ZYX. It is not in the copter as yet as I wanted to select the correct servos. After reading the info I didn't want to cause any damage to the unit or servos by having digital instead of analog etc. I hope that is the issue and not the flymentor software causing the problem. Hopefully the next post will be to advise of my success.
Birdman,

Just to be clear (I'll modify my post) you don't need the servos connected, but the leads that go from the FBL unit to the RX (and not all of those - just the 2 3-wire leads)

Best wishes,
Mike.
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asasan View Post
Is 3.0 for ZYX-S only and 2.5 the latest for the original ZYX-01?
The v3.0 PC software appears to work fine with the standard ZYX, but I haven't tried everything. The v3.01 firmware does not work in the standard ZYX.

Even though v3 seems to work with the standard ZYX, I see no reason to change from using John's app. I prefer the extra features his app has.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
I just tried ZYX 3.0 software and loaded my .ini file for ZYX 2.5. Within setup menu, only first 3 submenu displayed the correct values of my setup:

Installation, Servo type and Swashplate type. Starting from Servo reverse submenu and after, none of them displayed my setup values.

When I loaded my .ini file to John's ZYX software again, all setup submenu displayed the correct setup values.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
I just tried loading one of my old and recent INI files in ZYX v3.0 and all of my setup values appear to be correct.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:57 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Now, when I open the ZYX 3.0 software, the background all screwed up. The application/software itself could not refresh it's background when loaded. This was similar to the chinese version.

Then I loaded my .ini file, same issue about my setup data. I don't know why BF could display all his setup data but not working for mine.

Ching-Ho cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014