SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
John,

What is the different between v1.21 and v1.20 ? I could not find any difference.

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
Just a couple of things to do with the language file. If you are using English, then you wont notice a thing.
For future reference, the differences in revisions are listed in the 'revision history' section on the FBL web site here

Cheers,
John
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:07 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Just a couple of things to do with the language file. If you are using English, then you wont notice a thing.
For future reference, the differences in revisions are listed in the 'revision history' section on the FBL web site here

Cheers,
John
John,

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the revision history.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
zyx-2 in airplane

I left town for weekend so i didnt set up mini katana till tonight . I think I got everything going the right direction . Im wondering if I shouldnt have put it in heli mode so I could switch tail mode. the hardest part was guessing what the differnt modes did to the servos . I might understand chinnise when im done.
Well probably try to fly it tommorrow . let u know what happens
VISTAVEGA is offline Find More Posts by VISTAVEGA
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VISTAVEGA View Post
I left town for weekend so i didnt set up mini katana till tonight . I think I got everything going the right direction . Im wondering if I shouldnt have put it in heli mode so I could switch tail mode. the hardest part was guessing what the differnt modes did to the servos . I might understand chinnise when im done.
Well probably try to fly it tommorrow . let u know what happens
I received my ZYX-S today. Where do you get the cable to attach the satellite to the unit? I thought that they would have provided it.
I have a spectrum satellite and I am presuming that I can use it.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Quote:
I received my ZYX-S today. Where do you get the cable to attach the satellite to the unit? I thought that they would have provided it.
I have a spectrum satellite and I am presuming that I can use it.
No sat/sbus cables, because it doesn't need them to work with an Rx.

DSM2 cable is $3.88 here:
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-gyro-co...9-p-62666.html

$3.40 here:
http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1420
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
No sat/sbus cables, because it doesn't need them to work with an Rx.

DSM2 cable is $3.88 here:
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-gyro-co...9-p-62666.html

$3.40 here:
http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1420
Thanks BF. Are there any electronic components in that shrink wrap join or is it purely a wiring connection?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Thanks BF. Are there any electronic components in that shrink wrap join or is it purely a wiring connection?
I think I read somewhere that there's a 3 volt regulator in there.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:28 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,219 Posts
I also bought the ZYX-S and S-bus cable from AC-RC. Hopefully, I will receive them next week. However, we need the 3.0 software to utilize the S-Bus or Satellite receiver.....

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I bought two of the ZYX-S and have one setup in heli w/ sat. RX that had my TG-1 in it. When I first bind sat. rx to it the red LED was flashing on gyro and would not connect to PC software. Since not knowing much about it I then bind a normal 6 channel rx and all was normal. It connected right up to PC software. I went into program and selected DMS2 # 2 because dsm2 and dsm2 #1 would not work right. I then rebind sat. rx and all was good. I have since found out that when you bind sat rx to gyro and red LED is flashing that you can push set button on gyro and LED will turn to solid blue. When you have a solid blue LED it will connect to PC software and then select which DSM2 or DSMJ that works for you.

On my second ZYX-S when I bind sat rx to it I had a solid red LED and it connected right up to PC software. I also ordered to of the sat. connection wire and one was defective. There is a small board under the heat shrink. I did find out that the beastx one will work on my ZYX-S.

As for now I have two problems on the setup on the heli. If I reverse throttle in TX to match PC program, then low stick is full throttle and high stick is idle-no throttle. I also lost my softstart on CC ICE 50. I have not found anyway to reverse throttle channel in PC program. When you set fail for collective/ throttle, you set stick on tx where you want it and click the little question box above these two channels in the monitor menu.

Please be careful when you first select one of sat.rx settings in PC software because DSM2 and DSM2 #1 ran my servos to full end travel and sat there driving my servos like crazy. I would not have the servos plugged in when making selection. If you have this problem you will see on the monitor menu the channels will be going like crazy....
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Anyone here able to read Chinese to translate the new stuff on the Tarot 3.0 setup pages?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I was just testing to see if my two new beastX sat connection wires I recieved today were working and learned that it wasn`t the cyclics servo being driven crazy but just the tail servo. I would like to find out why DSM2 and DSM2 #1 does this.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Here`s some pictures of the board on the Tarot sat. connection wire
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
Here`s some pictures of the board on the Tarot sat. connection wire
Yep looks like there is a 3.3 V regulator on it. I will order a cable.
Thanks for the photo.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
IFHELI Here`s some pictures of the board on the Tarot sat. connection wire

Thank you i be waiting for this someone to open it now we know what they put in the heat shrink

thank you
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Jul 2011
333 Posts
help

I am attempting to set up my ZYX by computer and I can't seem to get it connected. I have tried everything I can think of and it would appear the software is not recognising the dongle. It says not connect and the lights stay red. I have installed and uninstalled the driver several times have the comport on 2 and still nothing. I am just about at my wits end. I beleive I had it connected sometime ago never really in the heli but started using a flymentor and software which took a while to setup. I have removed the flymentor, didn't have much luck with it and am going FBL anyway and now I would like to use the ZYX but can't get it to connect on pc I am running windows vista and the usb driver loads but the software won't recognise. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Birdman4498 is offline Find More Posts by Birdman4498