HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:45 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
what is a good pitch and good rpm setting for the 450 pro ?
For me the Pro flies well at anything from 2600 and up. It can be lively enough at 2800, and you'll get 6 1/2 minutes or so from a battery pack, or you can go for a higher HS and lower flight times. Pitch wise it depends on your motor. With a moderate power motor, such as the Typhoon 2215H 3500kv and a 13t pinion, I can use up to 10 or 11 degrees of pitch at 2700 without it bogging (though I prefer to use governor mode) You should set throttle hold to give about 12 degrees of pitch in case you want to do autos.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawk View Post
1- What is the title of this thread ?
Oh yeah "PC Software for Setup/Programming the CX-3X1000, 3GYS, TG-1, ZYX etc."
2- I googled your exact question and had the answer...
im using zyx fbl
thanks
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
For me the Pro flies well at anything from 2600 and up. It can be lively enough at 2800, and you'll get 6 1/2 minutes or so from a battery pack, or you can go for a higher HS and lower flight times. Pitch wise it depends on your motor. With a moderate power motor, such as the Typhoon 2215H 3500kv and a 13t pinion, I can use up to 10 or 11 degrees of pitch at 2700 without it bogging (though I prefer to use governor mode) You should set throttle hold to give about 12 degrees of pitch in case you want to do autos.
mine sounds to fast when i idleup 3:04 of the video
thank you
trex 450 pro zyx 3 axis gyro - 40 expo test (4 min 8 sec)
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Looks and sounds normal to me. Use an online headspeed calculator. It will give you an idea. Heli direct has one
hudsonaj36 is offline Find More Posts by hudsonaj36
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:52 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawk View Post
Thank you for your answer and your help. I'll give a try.
5.5mm seems so close
Does any CopterX owner confirm having these wobble / shaking and need such a close distance with servo arms ?
I got rid of the WOD at 7.9mm on the CopterX.
It uses Hitec HS 65MG servos.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:39 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,812 Posts
I'm running 2200rpm on my 450. I have it set up for my 5 blade head with a align 3050kv motor and a 11t pinion. Right now I have the two blade head on it. Seems to be doing fine. A little slow to respond. lol!
I am real close to pulling it off and testing the 5 on the 3X1000 for the first time.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
Dave
Joined Jun 2009
10 Posts
HELP! Quick question:
On the CX3 2.5 software / setup / screen "Installion" there is a picture of the CX3 orientation - #3 shows the controller mounted on the side of the frame -
IS IT CRITICAL that the WIRES exit towards the tail rotor?

On my CopterX CX3-1000, I have it mounted on the side frame with the label "right side up" (I can read the words on the controller without turning the heli upside down) - the wires are physically exiting the controller towards the NOSE.

The main reason I am asking is the heli went uncontrollable right after lift off on the 1st flight.
I thought I had everything set correctly - but I just noticed the picture orientation of the WIRES vs the WRITING on the label.
ticedoff8 is offline Find More Posts by ticedoff8
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Did you check swash movement was correct? I would imagine all the gyro's commands would be reversed. But I could be wrong.
hudsonaj36 is offline Find More Posts by hudsonaj36
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Jul 2010
5 Posts
CopterX USB dongle compatible with fbl.net.nz software?

Hi -- Can someone please tell me if the CopterX CX-PB002 USB dongle is compatible with the fbl.net.nz software? Or do I need to get the Tarot dongle?

Thanks!
crashmore is offline Find More Posts by crashmore
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
HELP! Quick question:
On the CX3 2.5 software / setup / screen "Installion" there is a picture of the CX3 orientation - #3 shows the controller mounted on the side of the frame -

On my CopterX CX3-1000, I have it mounted on the side frame with the label "right side up" (I can read the words on the controller without turning the heli upside down) - the wires are physically exiting the controller towards the NOSE.

The main reason I am asking is the heli went uncontrollable right after lift off on the 1st flight.
I thought I had everything set correctly - but I just noticed the picture orientation of the WIRES vs the WRITING on the label.
For any of the orientations you can rotate the gyro 180 degrees in any direction. So for #3 wires towards the nose or tail, label facing starboard or port - same difference.

uncontrollable thing could have many causes, I'm gonna guess compensation direction is wrong for one or more of the axes.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmore View Post
Hi -- Can someone please tell me if the CopterX CX-PB002 USB dongle is compatible with the fbl.net.nz software? Or do I need to get the Tarot dongle?

Thanks!
all dongles should be interchangeable.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:56 PM
Dave
Joined Jun 2009
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
HELP! Quick question:
On the CX3 2.5 software / setup / screen "Installation" there is a picture of the CX3 orientation - #3 shows the controller mounted on the side of the frame -

So, I can rotate the controller 180-degrees - no problems? Good.
The swash orientation SEEMS okay - tilt the nose up, the swash stays level with the ground (swash nose down), tilt the nose down, the swash stays level with the ground (swash tail down). Same for left & right (swash level with the ground).

I am in the process of shortening up the control horns. The Trex 450 Pro uses 15mm from servo arm center to ball (for FB), and I left the three swash servos there.
First flight, it got about 4" off the ground and started a wobble - then a pirouetting nose dive to the right. Scraped the tips off the blades.
I just shorten the down to 10mm - that's as short as I can get them on - the rear servo ball link binds to the servo body if I go one more hole location in

I was a little panicked about the controller orientation due to the picture illustrated on the software vs. the wire exit direction from the controller.
ticedoff8 is offline Find More Posts by ticedoff8
Last edited by ticedoff8; Apr 04, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:14 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
John's Tarot PC Software Issue

I have been using John's Tarot PC software (v1.19 beta) to setup my ZYX gyro. Last night, I setup the Piro Option. When I clicked the "Check Optimizatino Direction" the very first time, swashplate tilted towards to the tail and kept it position when I turned the heli 90 degree counter-clockwise. Then I clicked "Quit Check" button to finish the setup. Everything seems fine at that point. Then I tried to run this setup again and clicked the "Check Optimization Direction" again, the software changed to Condition: 2 by itself and swashplate did not tilt but went up to the top. I cancelled the setup and went back to main menu to select Cond 1 again. From this point and on, the software always jumped to Condition: 2 when I clicked the "Check Optimization Direction" button. I even tried to quit the application (software) and started fresh (reconnected to gyro). The problem still existed.

I ended up using the programmer box to run the Piro Option again. Programmer box ran fine - no jumping to Cond 2 by itself.

My question is that : is that a bug in the software or this is normal behavior to jump to Cond 2 by itself when setting up the Piro Option ?

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is online now Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Nov 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
all dongles should be interchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmore View Post

Thanks!
If your computer has bluetooth capabilities, check this out before ordering your dongle. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=359. I just set this up and it works great, get the heli further away from my computer. Beenflying did a great job on this.
v823515 is offline Find More Posts by v823515
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Nov 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v823515 View Post
If your computer has bluetooth capabilities, check this out before ordering your dongle. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=359. I just set this up and it works great, get the heli further away from my computer. Beenflying did a great job on this.
Meant to add this. If your computer doesn't have bluetooth, you can get the USB Bluetooth adapter here or search the web for one. This is the one I bought and Windows 7 picked it up and installed all the driver automagically. Works great with the device I mentioned above.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IOGEAR-Bluet...53507999173986
v823515 is offline Find More Posts by v823515