HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VISTAVEGA View Post
I pluged the usb in before i started the program and the com I needed was on the drop down list thks beenflying. Is there a reason when i plug in battery the only way i can get blue lite to lite up is hold my alerion stick to left when i plug battery in
It sounds like you might have the wrong channels connected to the Rx. Perhaps this will help:
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Mar 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:04 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
939 Posts
eather you got your Gyro wired in to your RX wrong or your TX is programed worng.
chances are your wires from the gyro the the RX are in the wrong place.
the gryo wont initiate if you dont have 0 throttle.
when you have it initiated dose the swash plate go up and down as it should?
do you have your radio set for single servo pitch?
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:26 AM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Started all over from scratch. all my wires were right .started new model in radio and it fixed my lite problem and servos are better . now my only problem is when all three servos r supposed to go up they go down ill figure that out after work thks again for the help when I get all set up im donating to john for software and help
VISTAVEGA is offline Find More Posts by VISTAVEGA
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
Nederland, GE, Brummen
Joined Apr 2011
52 Posts
Reverse your collective pitch value.
If it is now a positive value, make it a negative value.
If it is now a neagtive value, make it a postive value.
Catweazlec is offline Find More Posts by Catweazlec
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VISTAVEGA View Post
Started all over from scratch. all my wires were right .started new model in radio and it fixed my lite problem and servos are better . now my only problem is when all three servos r supposed to go up they go down ill figure that out after work thks again for the help when I get all set up im donating to john for software and help
Thanks VISTAVEGA.

The best thing to do, is hook it up to the FBL software, connect to the gyro and then open the setup window.
Work your way through each of the tabs using the Next button, setting up each tab correctly as you go through it.
This will lead you through getting the servos going in the correct direction for each of the movements.
Just remember when you get to the collective range, you can change the pitch direction by using a negative collective setting if the pitch direction is not following your TX stick.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Well I finnaly got everything going the right way and ready to test it out fired it up moter turn for a couple of seconds and quit now wont go at all . I must have gotten esc to hot whe I was setting up copter bummer.
VISTAVEGA is offline Find More Posts by VISTAVEGA
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
55 Posts
Hey guys..

I need to do the software upgrade on the tarot.. I am trying hard to connect with the tarot 2.5 software as john_nz's software wont let me select that.

john"s software works wthout a problem and connects on a click but the tarot zyx stock software is not connecting at all. I am using windows xp sp3. tried repairing the drivers too.. just in case.. NO HELP.. Can y'all help me please!!

thanks!
rahulgaba is offline Find More Posts by rahulgaba
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgaba View Post
Hey guys..

I need to do the software upgrade on the tarot.. I am trying hard to connect with the tarot 2.5 software as john_nz's software wont let me select that.

john"s software works wthout a problem and connects on a click but the tarot zyx stock software is not connecting at all. I am using windows xp sp3. tried repairing the drivers too.. just in case.. NO HELP.. Can y'all help me please!!

thanks!
I had better get that upgrade of the FBL software out there soon, which allows the firmware upgrade.

In the mean time, you need to make sure that your COM port mapping for the Tarot adapter is at COM4 or lower.
There is some information on my web site on checking the port number and how to change it.
http://fbl.net.nz/info/adapter

See if that helps.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
55 Posts
hey john... I did see that in your software the usb would pull up as com port 5. and it would still run

i just went ahead and changed the settings to make it com 2.

I did also had to have the usb connected. I am using parallels on MAC, and so if i remve the USB, it removes the LPT option from the device manager too ...

dont know if that makes a difference, but just letting you know..

BTW, the tarot software was what i originally used to work the tarot zyx.. i started using your softwre, and then never tried the stock one again till now, i am trying to connect for an upgrade...

when are you hoping to release the patch for the software to accept tarot upgrades?
rahulgaba is offline Find More Posts by rahulgaba
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgaba View Post
hey john... I did see that in your software the usb would pull up as com port 5. and it would still run

i just went ahead and changed the settings to make it com 2.

I did also had to have the usb connected. I am using parallels on MAC, and so if i remve the USB, it removes the LPT option from the device manager too ...

dont know if that makes a difference, but just letting you know..

BTW, the tarot software was what i originally used to work the tarot zyx.. i started using your softwre, and then never tried the stock one again till now, i am trying to connect for an upgrade...

when are you hoping to release the patch for the software to accept tarot upgrades?
Yes, I too had seen it use COM5 on my system too. I have just gone with COM4 as it seems to be the safest bet. Since COM5 works, I am guessing that it may work up to COM8, but I haven't tried.

Funnily enough, I have done all the development for FBL on a MAC, in Fusion running Win7 Ultimate. I have never actually run FBL on a 'real' PC.

I have a few loose ends to tidy up with the next release of FBL, but it shouldn't be too far off.

Seeing the number of people having problems with the Tarot software when upgrading the firmware, it looks like I need it out there sooner than later.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:57 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
If only CopterX got their act together and released their own version of the firmware upgrade.

ehirobo!! any news?
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
246 Posts
Seeing the number of people having problems with the Tarot software when upgrading the firmware, it looks like I need it out there sooner than later.

cool john i like it for sure there dozen heli flyer waiting for this fbl software
cheers john
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:34 AM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Apr 2011
85 Posts
I've connected and configured my gyro on com port 43 on my laptop using Win 7 pro with no problems at all. Just for general information.
smash77 is offline Find More Posts by smash77
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash77 View Post
I've connected and configured my gyro on com port 43 on my laptop using Win 7 pro with no problems at all. Just for general information.
Using the Tarot software? If so, which version?

I wonder if they have fixed it in version 2.5
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:44 AM
Nederland, GE, Brummen
Joined Apr 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash77 View Post
+1 on com 40.
Catweazlec is offline Find More Posts by Catweazlec