SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:50 AM
Athens GR
Joined May 2003
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v823515 View Post
My norton keeps removing this file after I down load it. Is there another place I can download the flbsetup.exe?
my windows7 PC shows also a security alert,and i have to work around this every time.
if not it will delete it too.

why?
tdriver is offline Find More Posts by tdriver
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
I got a couple Observations I would like to point out.
1. I notice that it dose not auto disconnect the gyro if you unplug it.
2. If you disconnect and reconnect the lead to the gyro It well not auto reconnect and when you click the Connect button it goes into a Fit and wont connect.
3. This has to do with the Reset Why don't you have it generate a tepl.ini when it connects so this way it has this to rest to?This well help if they make changes at the feald that they don't want to loose.
4. Under the Model Name Why not generate a list of saved Models and make the selectable?(this is just an idea)
5. The hole box Needs to be resized so that it fits into the window.(manually resizing it dose not work as then you can not see the bottom buttons any more.)

By the way Thank you for your work to this Point it realy looks and works nice.

Thanks for the feedback.

1. It does not disconnect from the gyro as most of the time it is not talking to the gyro so doesn't know when you have unplugged it. For this reason, it just stays connected.

2. I will check out the reconnect and see if I can make it do the same thing, then I can fix it. Once connected, pressing connect again disconnects it and makes it connect again, so in theory it should simply reconnect. I will see what I can find.

3. Version 1.06 has a file called default.ini which lives with the fbl.exe program whereever that is installed on your PC (usually \program files\fbl). When you press reset, this is the file that is loaded. You can always open it using the Open Config File function, alter the settings and then save it again.
Be warned, at the moment installing a new version of FBL may cause it to be overwritten by the install program. I will see if I can put an option in the install to ask before overwriting it.

4. The model name was really just to give you a visual clue of which machine you are working on.

5. I based the screen size on the tarot software, which is 938x681 pixels. It would need a bit of squashing to get it down to 800x600. I take it 800x600 is your PC's maximum resolution?
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdriver View Post
my windows7 PC shows also a security alert,and i have to work around this every time.
if not it will delete it too.

why?
It may be taking exception to downloading an executable file or it may be detecting something in one of the library files it does not like.
My program does not write to the registry or anything nasty, so not sure otherwise why any antivirus should have an issue with it.
I run avast and windows defender, neither of them have complained.

I have made a zip version of each available, see if that helps with the downloading.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
I've run the software without connecting to my 3x1000, since I'm still waiting on the USB link. I was only able to find the five preset models, but thought that perhaps the user-configurable ones, #6 to #10, might appear once I connected my controller.

Is it the case instead that, using the software, you can modify the five preset models and save those changes? I'd prefer to see the five user-programmable ones in addition to the five presets, even if you could restore the preset models to their default values using the "Reset" button.
You can always ignore the presets, set it up the way you want and save it as a config ini file, then just load the ini file you want.

Alternatively, if people are interested, I could change the presets so that you assign them each an ini file and a name. I would then load only the range of parameters from the ini file that the presets alter (i.e. it would not load parameters such as servo type, swash plate which are setup specific, just the performance parameters).
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:25 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Nov 2007
50 Posts
I actually got it to successfully download so no need to reply to last post. Software looks good. Am awaiting copterx 3x1000, fbl head and a usb cable. Can't wait to try all this out. These fbls look so much neater than the fb setups, not to mention the weight reduction. Keep up the good work. I'm sure I'll have a ton of question once I get all this together.
v823515 is offline Find More Posts by v823515
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Thanks for the update, John. I like the changes you have made.

One small thing. If I save a preset model of hardcore or extreme, when reloaded the preset is reversed (i.e. extreme becomes hardcore and hardcore becomes extreme).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:34 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
...And FYI, the Tarot PC software changed the D gain defaults to these:

Code:
           Roll D      Pitch D       Yaw D
Beginner:    0             0          25
FC3:         0             0          25
3D Soft:    30            30          30
Hard Core:  30            30          30
Extreme:    30            30          30
Which differs from the 3GYS program box and the table I created.
John, when the PC software was released the gyro manufacture felt these default options were better, and I tend to agree. I think these should be in your defaults as well, especially the roll and pitch D gains.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:41 AM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
191 Posts
Nice work on the software hack

BF,

I just tested my Tarot USB link on an extra CX-3X1000 using the revised software and it worked perfect. Communicated with the gyro, read all the settings that i had previuosly input through the program box and saved as a .ini file on my computer. This is really handy, especially being able to save the file. Great work! Really beats waiting around for another version.
Thank You!

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:44 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
John,

thanks for the (fast) development of this really useful Gyro Programmer!

Just a really minor issue: At the last step of the Setup tab,
which is "Pirouette Optimisation", the "Next" button could be
absent or grayed out! The same could be done for the "Prev"
button of the "Monitor" tab at the first step.
Dimitris K is offline Find More Posts by Dimitris K
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Version 1.07 now available. Thanks BF for finding the problem with the hardcore and extreme buttons being around the wrong way. I have also updated the default P gains as you have indicated.
I have also downsized the entire application to fit a 800x600 resolution.

@Dimitris K, I will see to it in the next version. Did you also notice that you can select any tab on the setup page without using the next/previous buttons.

- John
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:59 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
@Dimitris K, I will see to it in the next version. Did you also notice that you can select any tab on the setup page without using the next/previous buttons.

- John
Yes, I did. Thanks John!
Dimitris K is offline Find More Posts by Dimitris K
Old Jan 14, 2012, 01:10 AM
Athens GR
Joined May 2003
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
It may be taking exception to downloading an executable file or it may be detecting something in one of the library files it does not like.
My program does not write to the registry or anything nasty, so not sure otherwise why any antivirus should have an issue with it.
I run avast and windows defender, neither of them have complained.

I have made a zip version of each available, see if that helps with the downloading.

downloaded zip files as it should ,everything ok now, thank you.
tdriver is offline Find More Posts by tdriver
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:58 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,038 Posts
Which software

I'm building my first FBL heli an am using a HK 450(belt)pro, ALZRC fbl head and their 3GY unit. I see lots of development on Johns software but haven't heard much on the Tarrot/3GS version Beenflying posted. I think it safer for me to only use one software so as not to mix up where the latest settings were saved and such, so I am wondering which one to install.
I also am wondering if Johns will work for the KDS EBar as well, as I have one of those I purchased before there were some problems. I see now that they may work fine and only Beenflying reported problems.
One more question, I see people going to much larger and more powerful rudder servos. I'm just getting into some aerobatics so I don't need 3D type response, is a MKS DS545 servo adequate?
Thanks, Alex
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Hi Alex. My software is just a patched version of the Tarot software to allow it to work with the other gyros. This software can only be updated when Tarot updates their software.

John's software has been completely written by John, from scratch, so John can make any changes/enhancements he wants.

Re the Ebar, it's very different to these gyro, so for John to add it to his software would take a lot of work and John would probably need an Ebar to do it. At $125, I doubt this will happen, but I'll let John give the definitive answer to this.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,038 Posts
thanks Beenflying

I just let John know the socket on the KDS was different as he was interested in looking at some readouts if the KDS could communicate with his.
I do have the dongle from a KDS Flymentor that fits but as the FM and Ebar are unused and will most likely be sold as soon as I get the 3GYS up and running I am not up to using them as test subjects.
Alex
Edit; as far as the software goes I think even if Johns revisions so far have been to bring it up to the functionality of the Tarot version, his has the potential to be a superior interface judging on how well he is responding to others input.
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Last edited by A Monell; Jan 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM.