HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:30 PM
Nederland, GE, Brummen
Joined Apr 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Thanks for reminding me that my BT units haven't turned up from China. Its been a month, doesn't usually take that long.
You're welcome.(joke)

My BT took 3 weeks to get from China to the Netherlands.

Quote:
Haven't started the Android version yet, wonder if anyone else is working on one?
I am a patiŽnt guy. (joke)

I'm already very happy with my Bluetooth connection and your exellent software on my PC.

No wires that hold the heli to my PC anymore.
Now have all the freedom of movement, which I would wish.

Can highly recommend this option to everyone.
Catweazlec is offline Find More Posts by Catweazlec
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:36 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for reminding me that my BT units haven't turned up from China. Its been a month, doesn't usually take that long.
Haven't started the Android version yet, wonder if anyone else is working on one?
China post to NZ is very slow at the moment. They don't seems to have caught up after Chinese new year.

Catweazlec, I'm glad you're happy with your BT connection. I still get a buzz every time I connect with it.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:41 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Catweazlec, I'm glad you're happy with your BT connection. I still get a buzz every time I connect with it.
Whatever turns you on..... What happens if someone dares to call you when you're communicating with the heli?
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:57 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
I'd set the preset to number 4 and test fly. Both my 450 and 600 required total roll/pitch gain to be reduced from 40 to 25, and later I increased the swash PID I-gain from 80 to 95. I also increased the swash decel a bit for more poppin stops.
I got my raptor to hover but that's about it. The tail movement wasn't very fluid and was to responsive. Is there a thread that goes into the setup and configuration/tweaking more since this thread is more software related? Also, anyone have a link to a more detailed description of what all the setting do? I thought I saw it on this thread but now I can't find it.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:01 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
I got my raptor to hover but that's about it. The tail movement wasn't very fluid and was to responsive. Is there a thread that goes into the setup and configuration/tweaking more since this thread is more software related? Also, anyone have a link to a more detailed description of what all the setting do? I thought I saw it on this thread but now I can't find it.
The latest FBL software (1.16) has a description on the advanced parameters to what most of the settings do. I also have a document provided by a couple of the other members that is becoming the basis of the FBL manual. I will put that up on the http://fbl.net.nz tonight under the information section.

This thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179) may have the other information you are looking for.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:24 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
The latest FBL software (1.16) has a description on the advanced parameters to what most of the settings do. I also have a document provided by a couple of the other members that is becoming the basis of the FBL manual. I will put that up on the http://fbl.net.nz tonight under the information section.

This thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179) may have the other information you are looking for.
Thanks John! I have the USB adaptor on the way as I'm just using the programming box now. Man this thing has a lot of setting. I can see this being an issue for some folks.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Thanks John! I have the USB adaptor on the way as I'm just using the programming box now. Man this thing has a lot of setting. I can see this being an issue for some folks.
Ok, I have added the link for the manual to the FBL web site.

http://fbl.net.nz/info
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Added a parameter comparison dialog to the new version of FBL.
Probably should change the order of the parameters into a better order.
May also investigate highlighting lines that differ.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:39 AM
Nederland, GE, Brummen
Joined Apr 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Whatever turns you on..... What happens if someone dares to call you when you're communicating with the heli?
Probably, the heli will answers the call and say he's is busy at the moment and can't come to the phone.
Catweazlec is offline Find More Posts by Catweazlec
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,037 Posts
ALZRC 3GYS compatibility

I haven't seen much about this unit for a while. I will be setting mine up soon.
Is the current software still compatible with this? If I use Johns software will I still be able to use the programing box at the field. And lastly have there been any updates to the firmware?
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
strange thing happen

Hi all after being assist by john i finally can upgrade firmware for my tarot but strange thing happen in the middle upgrade first on pc screen show time out when i click button ok sunddenly the gyro go crazy servo run itself and all 3 gryo light when on i did try to restart the gyro but no respon...
what when wrong ?

thank john and to all who willing help me
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Added a parameter comparison dialog to the new version of FBL.
Probably should change the order of the parameters into a better order.
May also investigate highlighting lines that differ.
Looks nice, John. May I suggest separating the parameters by Tail/Swash, then grouping by axis: Pitch, Roll.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:59 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,063 Posts
First up, I have absolutly nothing to do with John, never met, not talked, don't even live on the same continent!!!
Everybody seems to be delighted with his program, as I am, just think how much time it must take him to make our life easier, I know that I am thankfull and I am sure you all are.
I have absolutly no idea how many people have clicked the 'Donate' button but I know I did.

HINT HINT :-)))))))
PaulB is online now Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:56 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
The last time I used the software it was vcertainly still compatible - the only difference is in some of the comms identifier strings - but John has made his software compatible with all 3 (4?) of the FBL units. You can use the Prog Box as well as the software

I use the ALZRC 3GYS on my Gaui 550 - still original firmware (whilst it is probably preferable) I am not convinced that the firmware upgrade is essential.

If you upgrade the software (to the latest Tarot firmware)
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:01 PM
Need to understand!!
United Kingdom, Witham
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
From my understanding if you upgrade the firmware the unit becomes a tarot zyx and only works with the zyx programming box. I think this is the case with the cx but not to sure that eny body has even tried upgrading ether the 3gys or the helicox but I'd imagine it would be the same
Tobiemanser is offline Find More Posts by Tobiemanser