SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Ok I went into my device manager and changed the USB port to com4 and still no joy or connection.
If after following John's link you still have no joy, your can try using this patched version of the CX application (with selectable coms port) that works with the ZYX and should allow the upgrade to work also.
v1.2 for Tarot ZYX: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/utilities/TarotZYX_1.2_EN.rar
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Ok I went into my device manager and changed the USB port to com4 and still no joy or connection.
Have you disconnected the USB adapter and connected it again after you changed the port number? Sometimes, you can change the port number, but it really doesn't do it until you unplug/plug it in.

I would do a sanity check.

Unplug the adaptor, quit the Tarot software.

Open the device manager, check that you have no COM4
plug in the USB adapter, check that COM4 comes up in the device manager.

Start the tarot software, press connect. If it doesn't connect, try a couple of times.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
Many thanks , rebooted everything and ALL is good now CONNECTED at last.

Now I just need to download the firmware update and update my ZYX unit.

Thanks again.
Cap
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
I have been experimenting with the Tarot 2.5 software with the condition 1 and condition 2 configuration.

When you go to the advanced menu and change the condition, the Tarot software immediately sends the command to the gyro to switch to the condition that you select.

When you press the OK button on the advanced dialog, the Tarot software sends all the configuration data from memory to the gyro.

The implication of this is that if you connect in condition 1, then go to the advanced dialog, switch to condition 2 and press OK, then you have now copied all your condition 1 settings to condition 2.

In other words, if you use the condition change in the Tarot software you will end up with identical parameters for both conditions.

To effectively set different parameters in condition 1 and condition 2, you would need to either switch the gyro into a different condition externally and then load the tarot software or you need to connect, go to the advanced menu, change the condition, then Cancel the advanced dialog, then quit the tarot software, then start the tarot software again to read the new condition data.
Doesn't seem very practical.

In the version of FBL I am playing with at the moment, I have supplied a Mode 1/Mode 2 button on the main screen. (I use mode and condition interchangeably)
When you press the a mode button, it changes the condition to your selection and the FBL software requests a copy of the condition parameters and also stores these parameters in a different section in memory.
This means you can make both conditions (modes) have different configurations.
Also when the INI file is saved, then both sets of data are recorded in the file.

The only bug bear at the moment is that if you don't switch manually between modes, then one of the modes will not be loaded at connect time. Which means if you save the configuration, one of the modes will not be saved correctly as the other mode has not been read from the gyro.

Any ideas guys on how it may be appropriate and understandable for people to manage both conditions (modes) of the gyro parameters?
I don't think that Tarot have done anyone any favours with the condition switch on the advanced menu for the reasons I have detailed above.

Apologies for such a long post.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:36 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Can you make the software automatically toggle the condition switch whenever a connection to the gyro is established and request both sets of settings from the gyro? Then have it go back to the condition setting it read when it connected.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Can you make the software automatically toggle the condition switch whenever a connection to the gyro is established and request both sets of settings from the gyro? Then have it go back to the condition setting it read when it connected.
That was my initial thought and I originally implemented it that way.
The trouble is that it takes the gyro a few seconds to change over from one condition to the other and grab the data from each condition.
My message handling didn't seem robust enough to reliably fetch the data and also I had the problem that you need to wait for it to do all this initialisation.

If there's nothing better, maybe I need to attack the problem again. I could always launch a dialog to show what is happening and stop any changes being made to the settings while the parameters are initially being fetched.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
So at the present time, does switching the conditions from the TX work - i.e. to cause the list of parameters shown in the software to switch between conditions 1 & 2?

Is there any way to flag the "active" condition in the software? If the TX is set to condition 1, could you have the software "grey out" and disable condition 2, forcing you to switch to condition 2 from the TX?
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
That was my initial thought and I originally implemented it that way.
The trouble is that it takes the gyro a few seconds to change over from one condition to the other and grab the data from each condition.
My message handling didn't seem robust enough to reliably fetch the data and also I had the problem that you need to wait for it to do all this initialisation.

If there's nothing better, maybe I need to attack the problem again. I could always launch a dialog to show what is happening and stop any changes being made to the settings while the parameters are initially being fetched.
To avoid the delay at connection time, especially for those that are only using one condition, why not fetch the second condition (if it hasn't been fetched already) only when saving the setup file. An additional one time delay then should not be that bad and it means fast connects when doing tweaks to the setup to get the normal condition right.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
So at the present time, does switching the conditions from the TX work - i.e. to cause the list of parameters shown in the software to switch between conditions 1 & 2?

Is there any way to flag the "active" condition in the software? If the TX is set to condition 1, could you have the software "grey out" and disable condition 2, forcing you to switch to condition 2 from the TX?
From my experiments so far, I don't believe that switching from the transmitter will force the parameters to update on the Tarot software. I will double check this.

In the FBL software, I already know which condition is which, as the condition value is sent from the gyro along with the other data (it is one of the 78 parameters).

Trouble is, with the switching from the TX while connected to the software, I am not certain what will happen if the software tries to write a change out as it will not know (as far as I can tell to date), that the condition has been changed externally.

Typically the software (both FBL and Tarot) only read data from the gyro when first connecting. From that point on, it is assumed that the two match and the only changes are happening on the software side. With each change on the software side, the new settings are transmitted to the gyro, thereby keeping everything in sync.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
To avoid the delay at connection time, especially for those that are only using one condition, why not fetch the second condition (if it hasn't been fetched already) only when saving the setup file. An additional one time delay then should not be that bad and it means fast connects when doing tweaks to the setup to get the normal condition right.
That would be a possibility, but what if someone disconnects the gyro physically before saving their configuration (which normally would be a valid thing to do as long as they did not change any settings after the disconnection) ?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:25 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
On my ZYX I have cond.1 set to extreme 3D and cond. 2 set to hardcore 3D. When I flip the switch on TX it will show the changes on main screen. It will change the agility, gain , and yaw settings to what I have set for each condition. When I open the advance menu and flip the switch on TX it will not show any changes on the first try 99% of the time. After that it will usually show the different settings with every flip of switch on TX. When you go into setup menu I do know that it will show different cyclic and collective settings if they are not the same in both conditions.The Tarot PC software reacts slow and is still buggy.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Last edited by IFHELI; Mar 13, 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added the word same
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
On my ZYX I have cond.1 set to extreme 3D and cond. 2 set to hardcore 3D. When I flip the switch on TX it will show the changes on main screen. It will change the agility, gain , and yaw settings to what I have set for each condition. When I open the advance menu and flip the switch on TX it will not show any changes on the first try 99% of the time. After that it will usually show the different settings with every flip of switch on TX. When you go into setup menu I do know that it will show different cyclic and collective settings if they are not the in both conditions.The Tarot PC software reacts slow and is still buggy.
Thanks for the info, I will check mine again. That would make more sense than what I have observed so far.
I was having connection issues with the Tarot software last night as well. I had to start/stop it a few times to make it connect at one point, so I agree it has some issues.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
The CX3X1000 PC software acts the same way. The only time I ever accidentally changed the conditon setting to be the same is when the software would not show the change on advance menu and I hit OK. The next time I played with program both conditions were the same.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
The CX3X1000 PC software acts the same way. The only time I ever accidentally changed the conditon setting to be the same is when the software would not show the change on advance menu and I hit OK. The next time I played with program both conditions were the same.
Ok, not as fatal then as I had first asserted in my initial post on this, but still flakey.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I saved an ini file(s) tonight to see what happens when useing the aux switch for changing conditions. It does not save the information for both conditions in one ini file. When switch is set for cond.1 that is the information it will save to ini file and the same for when switch is set to cond.2. So there will be two ini files.