HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Can some one direct me to the Tarot parameters link. I saw it somewhere but can't find it again. It has descriptions of everything related to the Tarot gyro (also others). Thanks.
ptern is offline Find More Posts by ptern
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:50 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
hey guys, thanks for all the info so far. I set mine up in my G5 tonight. All worked fine. Using Johns software for the copterx model. One issue...i cant make the tail correct the right way. Tried reversing in the tx, reversing on the tail screen and on the gyro directions screen with any and all combinations of such. It seems to move the tail blades to bite in the direction the tail is already moving, not to counter it. Ino lab 261HB servo. Help?
You should be able to do it in software, but a hardware fix would be to flip the servo around so the output shaft faces the other side of the heli.

Transmitter reversing only changes how stick inputs move the nose, not how the gyro corrects it. So try changing only one of the last two (gyro or tail screen).
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:56 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,037 Posts
Quote:
hey guys, thanks for all the info so far. I set mine up in my G5 tonight. All worked fine. Using Johns software for the copterx model. One issue...i cant make the tail correct the right way. Tried reversing in the tx, reversing on the tail screen and on the gyro directions screen with any and all combinations of such. It seems to move the tail blades to bite in the direction the tail is already moving, not to counter it. Ino lab 261HB servo. Help?
Use the Reversing in your Tx to get the R setting in the monitor screen to move in the correct direction. Check your Rudder servo - is it moving correctly ? if not change in servo reversing in the 3X1000?. Check your servo is moving correctly to when you move the tail, if not change the gyro direction setting for the rudder
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:50 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
You should be able to do it in software, but a hardware fix would be to flip the servo around so the output shaft faces the other side of the heli.
On a 450 Pro, the equivalent is to make the horn face to the other side of the servo.

Quote:
Transmitter reversing only changes how stick inputs move the nose, not how the gyro corrects it. So try changing only one of the last two (gyro or tail screen).
It sounds to me like branflake12 might be inadvertently changing the two settings at once, effectively canceling them out. On my CX, however, I did get a weird thing one time with reversing the elevator servo, so if in doubt, save an .ini file and do a reset, then reload the .ini file.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Use the Reversing in your Tx to get the R setting in the monitor screen to move in the correct direction. Check your Rudder servo - is it moving correctly ? if not change in servo reversing in the 3X1000?. Check your servo is moving correctly to when you move the tail, if not change the gyro direction setting for the rudder
I think the only thing left is to flip the servo over. The tail moves the right way when i give control inputs, so rev'ing the servo in the TX doesnt work. I have clicked "normal" and "reverse" in the CX software about 20 times and it effects no change on my setup, the tail still corrects the direction it is already moving. Ill flip it around physically and see if that works, thanks for the idea.
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:08 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,880 Posts
I found that sometimes when you reverse the TX while the gyro is plugged in to the software it won't make a change until you power down and back up. At least it didn't one time I was trying to get my swash moving right. Worth a try.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Are you sure you changed the tail gyro reverse in the right place?
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Ill give that one a shot too. Thanks guys!
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:33 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojolt View Post
Are you sure you changed the tail gyro reverse in the right place?
Yes indeed. That button does nothing. It changes to say reverse, but the correction direction is unchanged. I have even gone "finish" and tried to force send changes from the main screen. Ill tinker with it some more tonight.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,604 Posts
It sounds like your controller is not really connecting to the software. When you have it connected, go into the "monitor" tab and check to see that the values change when you move your TX sticks around.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:23 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Can anyone suggest setting for a raptor 30 with the copterx gyro? Im about ready to do a test flight with the flybarless head.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Can anyone suggest setting for a raptor 30 with the copterx gyro? Im about ready to do a test flight with the flybarless head.
I'd set the preset to number 4 and test fly. Both my 450 and 600 required total roll/pitch gain to be reduced from 40 to 25, and later I increased the swash PID I-gain from 80 to 95. I also increased the swash decel a bit for more poppin stops.
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:02 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
It sounds like your controller is not really connecting to the software. When you have it connected, go into the "monitor" tab and check to see that the values change when you move your TX sticks around.
All controls respond on their sliders to proper control limits, and i set them to hit 100 using endpoints.

Also, hooked straight to the RX, the rudder servo gets even travel in both directions, but on the CX, one direction only has about 5 degrees of travel, while the other is unaffected. In both HH and "rate" modes if thats what it is.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:10 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,604 Posts
Quote:
All controls respond on their sliders to proper control limits, and i set them to hit 100 using endpoints.

Also, hooked straight to the RX, the rudder servo gets even travel in both directions, but on the CX, one direction only has about 5 degrees of travel, while the other is unaffected. In both HH and "rate" modes if thats what it is.
Can you save your settings in an .ini file, and then open that in a text editor, such as Windows Notepad, and copy and paste it here?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
214 Posts
Quote:
I have the same servo on my 450 prov2, Try flipping the tail grips.
kgd1 is offline Find More Posts by kgd1