SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:03 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
I've done some testing of the FBL app when connect to a CX-3X1000 gyro. I have to say I'm really impressed with what John has achieved so quickly.

However, I've found a problem where the advanced data is getting corrupted by going through the setup procedure, so be careful if you are thinking of using v1.04 of this app.

I've attached a picture of the advanced screen after going through the setup. The yaw P gain has been changed to 1 (it was 70 in this case). I've also had it change to 255.

Update: I've managed to track it down to reversing the Piro Optimisation. I can't reproduce the problem using the CX-3X1000 version of the ZYX app.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

Update: I've managed to track it down to reversing the Piro Optimisation. I can't reproduce the problem using the CX-3X1000 version of the ZYX app.
Thanks beenflying, I will check it out tonight.
The piro mode sends commands to the gyro to start and stop the piro mode and the program may be mistakenly interpreting the replies as data and updating (corrupting) the copy of the configuration data held by the software.

And yes, at this stage people, please be warned to double check your settings with the controller box until the software can be trusted to function 100%.

In regard to the reset button on the main page. Is this necessary at all? Wouldn't it be better to save a sane copy of an install as an INI file and just load that?
If you like, I could make the reset button load a file, say defaults.ini from the same folder where fbl.exe is found. Then people could edit the defaults.ini file to suit themselves. Or as I say, not bother with the reset button at all.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
In regard to the reset button on the main page. Is this necessary at all? Wouldn't it be better to save a sane copy of an install as an INI file and just load that?
If you like, I could make the reset button load a file, say defaults.ini from the same folder where fbl.exe is found. Then people could edit the defaults.ini file to suit themselves. Or as I say, not bother with the reset button at all.
Yes, afterward I did think you could just click the preset or reload the file to do the same thing.

Great minds think alike. That's actually what they are doing with the button. In the config folder of the ZYX install folder there's a default.ini file. This file is what they load when you click the "All data reset" button.

The reset button in the Main Rotor and Tail Rotor groups reset the sliders back to the last preset model selected or the minimum setting if no preset model has been selected.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Found the issue with the pirouette direction changing corrupting the Yaw Pitch Gain value. Turned out to be a copy and paste error in the code.
Its now fixed. Here is the next version.

http://fbl.net.nz
Last edited by John_NZ; Jan 12, 2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Updated Link
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:34 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
BF, you found a flaw in the original software that allowed you to type in parameter values, but did not accept the values. Has that been resolved, or do you still have to adjust all values using the sliders only?
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Sep 2008
66 Posts
Beenflying,
Thank you so much for your work on this! I have a quick question for anyone who has tried this. Will the tarot ZYX usb cable work on the cx-3x1000? As of yet, I haven't found a cable for the CX gyro. Thanks for the clarification.
r75fly is offline Find More Posts by r75fly
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r75fly View Post
Beenflying,
Thank you so much for your work on this! I have a quick question for anyone who has tried this. Will the tarot ZYX usb cable work on the cx-3x1000? As of yet, I haven't found a cable for the CX gyro. Thanks for the clarification.
That's what people have been using, the tarot usb cable from ac-rc hobby for the cx-3x1000. The hardware on both the tarot and copterx are the same from what I understand. It's just the firmware or whatever that is different so you can use the tarot usb cable to program your copterx cx-3x1000 with the software that Beenflying and John NZ posted.
nartac is offline Find More Posts by nartac
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
BF, you found a flaw in the original software that allowed you to type in parameter values, but did not accept the values. Has that been resolved, or do you still have to adjust all values using the sliders only?
On the front screen, you have to press enter to get the new value accepted, but don't do this on the advanced screen, as it will action the default button (OK).

Also it's a good practice to execute the menu option "File/Transfer Config file", when you are finished, before disconnecting the gyro. The name of this menu option is misleading. It doesn't ask for a config file, it just sends all of the current settings to the gyro.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:34 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r75fly View Post
Beenflying,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
That's what people have been using, the tarot usb cable from ac-rc hobby for the cx-3x1000. The hardware on both the tarot and copterx are the same from what I understand. It's just the firmware or whatever that is different so you can use the tarot usb cable to program your copterx cx-3x1000 with the software that Beenflying and John NZ posted.
Yes, that's right. The Tarot USB link will work with all of the gyros, using John_NZ's software and the software in the first post. AC-RC seems to have the best price currently for the Tarot USB link.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
I have made a web page front end for the download of my software and the software share is now on filesonic. Since its only a small file, it shouldn't be a hassle to download if you are not using a filesonic account.

From this point, download my software using http://fbl.net.nz
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Thanks, John. The corruption of the yaw P gain is fixed in v1.05 and everything else appears to be working fine.

Nice job on the front end. I've added a link to this in the first post of this thread.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Have added some more cosmetic changes to my software and a few other changes. The full revision history is now available on the website.
I have left version 1.05 as the stable release and put 1.06 as the testing release for those that would like to try it out.

Thanks BF for putting the link at the start of the thread and for all your testing.

http://fbl.net.nz
Cheers,
John
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
893 Posts
I got a couple Observations I would like to point out.
1. I notice that it dose not auto disconnect the gyro if you unplug it.
2. If you disconnect and reconnect the lead to the gyro It well not auto reconnect and when you click the Connect button it goes into a Fit and wont connect.
3. This has to do with the Reset Why don't you have it generate a tepl.ini when it connects so this way it has this to rest to?This well help if they make changes at the feald that they don't want to loose.
4. Under the Model Name Why not generate a list of saved Models and make the selectable?(this is just an idea)
5. The hole box Needs to be resized so that it fits into the window.(manually resizing it dose not work as then you can not see the bottom buttons any more.)

By the way Thank you for your work to this Point it realy looks and works nice.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Last edited by Black_heart; Jan 13, 2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Presets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
4. Under the Model Name Why not generate a list of saved Models and make the selectable?(this is just an idea)
I've run the software without connecting to my 3x1000, since I'm still waiting on the USB link. I was only able to find the five preset models, but thought that perhaps the user-configurable ones, #6 to #10, might appear once I connected my controller.

Is it the case instead that, using the software, you can modify the five preset models and save those changes? I'd prefer to see the five user-programmable ones in addition to the five presets, even if you could restore the preset models to their default values using the "Reset" button.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Nov 2007
44 Posts
My norton keeps removing this file after I down load it. Is there another place I can download the flbsetup.exe?
v823515 is offline Find More Posts by v823515