SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:10 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Nov 2010
161 Posts
Question about the software. It looks great, but when I hook up the 3x1000, I can not get the three green lights. I have the 3x1000 sitting on the bench for now, I hook it up to my Rx and plug in the battery to a ESC, get the 3 lights on the cx on steady, then blicking, then a run through up and down. After the light show I can plug in the PB and get Hello Loading and then into being able to change things.

I run Windows 7 64bit so not sure if I am doing something wrong, the software loaded up perfect with the desktop icon, starts fine just can't get it to connect to the gyro.

So what am I doing wrong that the software won't see the 3x1000?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim
Raining in BC
JamesBC is online now Find More Posts by JamesBC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Com port and Driver

If you can get the program box to work, then your are initialsinig the controller, so your problem is pc-related.

I seem to recall that John_NZ made the software automatically select the right port, but you might try selecting the other port shown when you click on the down arrow in the box below the "Connect" button.

When you loaded the software, did you also load the driver for the USB adaptor? (I used the file ZYXUSBdriver.exe, in the "Driver" folder with John's software)
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:33 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Unfortunately, my software doesn't auto detect the port that the gyro is connected to.
You need to select the correct port from the list. After you find the right port, the software will remember and default to that port.

Best way to identify the port.

1. Unplug the USB adaptor
2. Start the FBL software, look at the ports in the list, remember these.
3. Quit the FBL software
4. Plug in the USB adaptor.
5. Start the FBL software. You should now have a new port in the list. This is your Port!

If you don't see a new port in step 5, then you probably don't have a driver for the port.

Check the device manager when the USB adaptor is plugged in to check that you don't have a yellow warning somewhere in the list.

I use win 7 64 bit, so that won't be your problem.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:09 AM
Athens GR
Joined May 2003
364 Posts
a new USB connection cable from copterX is out.
CopterX USB Connection Cable
looks the same but with heatshrink instead of the plastic box.
tdriver is offline Find More Posts by tdriver
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:07 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,911 Posts
I used John's software to setup the ZYX in the Gaui X2 today. Setup was so easy. I was using the Bluetooth link, which I really like, especially when doing the piro optimize.

I had a couple of strange happenings. At one stage all of the advanced settings changed from my usual settings. It was like I'd clicked the Hard Core button, but I hadn't. Definitely wasn't the All Data Reset, because I've customed this to my settings.

The second thing was the Collective Range changed from 55 to 70. No other settings seemed to be affected.

Makes using the PC software a little scary. I had to keep reconnecting the gyro and then checking every setting before I flew the heli again.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:09 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,343 Posts
reminds me of the issue I had with the 3GYS loading the 40 in for gyro deadband causing my only crash with the 450Pro. And this was with the program box.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:22 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I used John's software to setup the ZYX in the Gaui X2 today. Setup was so easy. I was using the Bluetooth link, which I really like, especially when doing the piro optimize.

I had a couple of strange happenings. At one stage all of the advanced settings changed from my usual settings. It was like I'd clicked the Hard Core button, but I hadn't. Definitely wasn't the All Data Reset, because I've customed this to my settings.

The second thing was the Collective Range changed from 55 to 70. No other settings seemed to be affected.

Makes using the PC software a little scary. I had to keep reconnecting the gyro and then checking every setting before I flew the heli again.
Do you think it could have been the Bluetooth link? Did you try running the software again using the USB link?

I can appreciate the advantage of the bluetooth link for doing piro opt!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Nov 2010
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Unfortunately, my software doesn't auto detect the port that the gyro is connected to.
You need to select the correct port from the list. After you find the right port, the software will remember and default to that port.

Best way to identify the port.

1. Unplug the USB adaptor
2. Start the FBL software, look at the ports in the list, remember these.
3. Quit the FBL software
4. Plug in the USB adaptor.
5. Start the FBL software. You should now have a new port in the list. This is your Port!

If you don't see a new port in step 5, then you probably don't have a driver for the port.

Check the device manager when the USB adaptor is plugged in to check that you don't have a yellow warning somewhere in the list.

I use win 7 64 bit, so that won't be your problem.
Ok not sure where in the FBL software I am to look for the port list, could not find any listed. But (always a but! ) under device manager it shows the Universal Serial Bus Controllers with about 25 items.Thank you Bill Gates.

Can find no Yellow mark, so not sure where to go from here.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBC View Post
Ok not sure where in the FBL software I am to look for the port list, could not find any listed. But (always a but! ) under device manager it shows the Universal Serial Bus Controllers with about 25 items.Thank you Bill Gates.

Can find no Yellow mark, so not sure where to go from here.
look here at image 1 and 2 just below the connect button you well see the drop down.
http://fbl.net.nz/screenshots
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:18 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Mystery solved! But it's still a mystery!

When I first got my CX3x1000, I had no program box, so I just tried to set it up using my TX, and had everything working in the right sense. I waited for the program box to arrive before trying to fly the heli, however.

When the box did arrive, and I went thru my setup, to my consternation, the collective and elevator channels seemed to be swapped. When I moved the collective stick up, I got elevator, and when I moved the elevator stick, I got collective.

I tried all possible combinations of cross-plugging controller and RX leads, and found that I could resolve the problem by cross-plugging the aileron servos, so that CH1 was the left servo, and CH2 the right - which is the opposite of what is shown in the manual.

I've now tracked down the cause of this oddity, even though I can't understand how it is causing the effect.

When I got the program box, I decided that it would be a good idea to have all of the servo channels set to normal in my TX, and to do all the servo reversing in the controller.

Now I find that if I have the elevator, CH3 in my TX, reversed, I can plug the aileron servos into CH1 and CH2 of the CX3x1000 just as per the manual. If CH3 is set to normal in my TX, I have to cross-plug the aileron servos into the controller.

How is it that TX servo-reversing could have this effect?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Nov 2010
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
look here at image 1 and 2 just below the connect button you well see the drop down.
http://fbl.net.nz/screenshots
Ok then it shows only one, not USB but Com3. I tried clicking the Com3, kicking the tower, still only have red circles, 3 of them.

LOL thanks in advance for all the help

Jim
Raining in BC
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
915 Posts
Quote:
Ok then it shows only one, not USB but Com3. I tried clicking the Com3, kicking the tower, still only have red circles, 3 of them.

Jim
Raining in BC
if you start the program with out the usb plugged in dose it stell show the com3?
do you have and active lite on the dongle?
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Quote:

Jim
Raining in BC
Have you installed the USB adaptor driver?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:38 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Quote:
Ok not sure where in the FBL software I am to look for the port list
As I said before, it is in the box below the "Connect" button, and you access port choices by clicking on the down arrow to the right of that box.

When people give you advice, why do you not try to follow it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Nov 2010
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
As I said before, it is in the box below the "Connect" button, and you access port choices by clicking on the down arrow to the right of that box.

When people give you advice, why do you not try to follow it?
Because the advice said remember the list of ports, since the down arrow shows only a com port, thought maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks for nothing, will not bother you again.