HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Get the lower Tarot head aileron flips on a sixpence (or on a dime for the septics)
Hi Mike, thanks for the advice but you are using 'local slang' and I don't get it. Could you enlighten my knowledge?
ptern is offline Find More Posts by ptern
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:00 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptern View Post
Hi Mike, thanks for the advice but you are using 'local slang' and I don't get it. Could you enlighten my knowledge?
PTERN - apologies, it is very rude of me There is an English saying about "turns on a sixpence" meaning very quickly (a sixpence was a very small UK coin about the size of a 5 cent coin). The "local slang" is Cockney Rhyming slang - again an old english (London) slang whereby things are called by a rhyme of their name - e.g. stairs are called "apples and pairs" or wife is called "traouble and strife". "Septic" is cockney for an American, just having a little fun with you guys - hope it caused no offence
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
549 Posts
I've clicked around in this thread for a while and haven't found what I'm looking for so I'll just go ahead and ask...

Got my USB adapter and John's software all installed. I can get it connected and make changes, once I click "transmit config" can I then just unplug the heli and go? Just looking for some basic directions here.

Also, can I fly, land...and without unplugging the battery hook up the USB, launch the program and make changes?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I can't find it. I'm sure it's in this massive and awesome thread somewhere!

And thanks JohnNZ!!
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
The answer to both your questions is Yes.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
549 Posts
Sweet! That sure beats trying to make adjustments with the transmitter!
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan View Post
I've clicked around in this thread for a while and haven't found what I'm looking for so I'll just go ahead and ask...

Got my USB adapter and John's software all installed. I can get it connected and make changes, once I click "transmit config" can I then just unplug the heli and go? Just looking for some basic directions here.
Yes. I would suggest that when you do make any changes, you also save them in a new .ini file, which can be a handy reference.

With .ini files, there is a slightly unexpected behaviour, however, which you should be aware of. With the heli connected, if you load an .ini file, it won't reset the controller to the settings in the .ini file until you click on "Force Update".

If you change any of the settings, however, it will effectively transmit all the settings in the .ini file, with the changes you just made, to the controller - without you clicking on the "Force Update" button.

Quote:
Also, can I fly, land...and without unplugging the battery hook up the USB, launch the program and make changes?
Yes! Isn't it great! I generally don't take my laptop to the flying site (even though I use a data-logging ESC, and do at least one flight with a keychain camera!) so I use the program box.

Quote:
Sorry if this has been posted before, I can't find it. I'm sure it's in this massive and awesome thread somewhere!

And thanks JohnNZ!!
And just when you thought the thread couldn't get any more massive and awesome, Beenflying whips up a Bluetooth adaptor to work with a smartphone for programming.....
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:16 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
PTERN - apologies, it is very rude of me There is an English saying about "turns on a sixpence" meaning very quickly (a sixpence was a very small UK coin about the size of a 5 cent coin). The "local slang" is Cockney Rhyming slang - again an old english (London) slang whereby things are called by a rhyme of their name - e.g. stairs are called "apples and pairs" or wife is called "traouble and strife". "Septic" is cockney for an American, just having a little fun with you guys - hope it caused no offence
The part you left out is that "Septic" is short for "Septic Tank" as in "Smelly American". Guess it sounds better when whistled through a big gap in ones teeth...
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
The part you left out is that "Septic" is short for "Septic Tank" as in "Smelly American". Guess it sounds better when whistled through a big gap in ones teeth...
I was leaving that part out
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
I was going to let is slide but since it came back up...
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Might be time to start on the Android version soon. Nice looking bluetooth adaptor BF, good find.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:37 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,264 Posts
Sweet, blue-tooth link on the Gyro! Good find indeed BF.

This thing is starting out to be like the turnigy9x.... Community based upgrade goodness.
I perhaps we get to flash our own firmware in later on?
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,253 Posts
Just ordered my bluetooth. BF and john, you guys are making me lazy. Now all I need is a program to fly my helicopters.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mike, It's good to know slangs from diiference area of the globes. When I first came to Oz, one of my friend asked me: 'can you give me a hand?" I quickly said "NO" then only found out he was asking me to help him to carry a heavy box. After he explained to me, both of us fell off laughing and yet we still falling off laughing when I mention it.
Nope, no offence at all.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Brilliant! You better worry when he starts picking up hex drivers, though - you might need to check your setup!
Yep, I'll take your advice, else my heli may fell out of the sky due to disintegrated parts....
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Just ordered my bluetooth. BF and john, you guys are making me lazy. Now all I need is a program to fly my helicopters.
It's coming:
quadricopter (0 min 54 sec)
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying