SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:32 AM
Australia, QLD, Yeppoon
Joined Jul 2011
9 Posts
Thanks for all the work BF and John_NZ.....better download this quick before a Chinese clone company accuses someone of cloning/modding their cloned work....lol, how ironic?? ;0

Of course I mean that in the nicest way as a joke, GJ. And thx to Tarot and CX for the great inexpensive products.
Mackshot is offline Find More Posts by Mackshot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:26 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Insider Trading....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdriver View Post
if you keep this up we won't found a cable for months to buy.....lol
Yes, USB Link futures are up!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,310 Posts
This is some really good stuff guys. If you have an old laptop/netbook already, this really could save some guys a few bucks.
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
Just flew it
Cumbria, UK
Joined Feb 2005
291 Posts
Brilliant work thanks, I have both a 3X1000 and Tarot USB cable on order
toys2cars2toys is offline Find More Posts by toys2cars2toys
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:14 PM
Athens
Joined Sep 2006
60 Posts
Brilliant, thanks Mate. Will the tarot usb work with the CX?

Edit: just read the first post more clearly!!!!
pani is offline Find More Posts by pani
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined May 2011
105 Posts
@beenflying & John_NZ - thanks heaps for organizing this..

Just downloaded and used it with the tarot usb dongle on the 3x1000..

Very happy now

Noticed a few little bugs: These may be nothing you can fix but just fyi incase..

1) Ale and elev travel don't actually store (in a saved profile at least) if entered manually as a number in the box - work fine if changed via the slider thou... this may be a problem on other setup pages too if it is on this one.. havn't tested further thou..

2) some sort of driver issue - if i reload the usb driver - plug in the usb.. it senses the new hardware - usb works fine... if i remove and reinsert the dongle - doesn't work.. I have to reinstall the usb driver each time i use it looks like - but hey, that takes just 30sec, so no big deal.
jockstrap is offline Find More Posts by jockstrap
Last edited by jockstrap; Jan 07, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:55 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,880 Posts
You're welcome, jockstrap.

1) Not much I can do about this one, sorry. Perhaps a future update of the app will address this. But it's good to let other know that it's best to use the sliders.

2) I'm not having any problem with the driver. I have noticed however, that you must plug in the USB link first, before connecting it to the gyro, and before running the app (all gyro programming apps must be closed). Works every time for me if I do this.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
745 Posts
For saving everyone the money and shipping of a program box a couple little glitches are worth it!!!! Thanks Ray
Flight time is offline Find More Posts by Flight time
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:00 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Lhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight time View Post
For saving everyone the money and shipping of a program box a couple little glitches are worth it!!!! Thanks Ray
Yes, I reckon in the RC heli world, 2012 has started with a big bang!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Dec 2010
109 Posts
This is great! I just ordered a usb dongle so I can use this to setup the 450 I'm building. Thank you for making this available. I downloaded the software before buying the dongle and it looks great!
Pitchlynn is offline Find More Posts by Pitchlynn
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:25 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
I am making some good head way in my clone of the tarot software. A couple of things I have noticed.

1. With the main settings, 'Tail Yaw Rate L' and 'Tail Yaw Rate R'. The 'Tail Yaw Rate R' value is not saved in the ini file created by the program. But the 'Tail Yaw Rate L' value is stored as YawAgility and YawRight, I suspect this is a bug.

2. The deceleration L and deceleration R values controlled by the tarot software are in the opposite order to those stored in the copterX unit. Since all the other parameters are identical, I suspect again that this is a bug in the tarot software. It probably doesn't matter too much if you keep the parameters symmetrical in any case.

3. In the tarot saved file, there are parameters speedspin1 through speedspin4, I can't find what these relate to in the software. Anyone else know? I haven't checked to see if changing them changes what the tarot software sends to the gyro (even if there is no user interface for them).

4. The tarot software has a reset button and a zero pitch value on the advanced menu, these do not appear to do anything.

5. On the servo trim page, it seems if you start pressing the buttons on the right, it clears any of the present settings you had on the trim on the left to start with. Do people think this is right? I think that it should just adjust the servos from where they are, in combination, depending on which direction you push (Just as if you where using the stick on the transmitter for aileron and elevator).

My aim is to replicate the core functionality of the tarot software as the starting point and then fix up any issues that the tarot software contains. From there, who knows may be there are some features worth adding on it.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
I had just finished writing my previous post and the courier turned up with my tarot programming unit.

I just checked the Tail deceleration values and found that sure enough it is a bug in the tarot software that has them around the wrong way. Issue 2 in my previous post.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:47 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
3. In the tarot saved file, there are parameters speedspin1 through speedspin4, I can't find what these relate to in the software. Anyone else know? I haven't checked to see if changing them changes what the tarot software sends to the gyro (even if there is no user interface for them).
Could these be Pirouette Speed L and Pirouette Speed R - or are these already in there ?

The thing that I find most confusing with the Tarot software is how to save the settings once they have been changed - simplfying this would be very helpful.

Thanks for your work on this - really appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:05 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
My aim is to replicate the core functionality of the tarot software as the starting point and then fix up any issues that the tarot software contains. From there, who knows may be there are some features worth adding on it.
An online setups library might be nice.
Zr_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Hi Guys,

First Beta is ready. Most things work except the reset all data button (and a few other buttons around the place).

Should work the same as the tarot software but will auto detect which unit it is talking to.

Unlike the tarot software it won't scan all the ports, you need to select the port you have the tarot adapter configured as.

If some one would like to help check all the settings match with what the plug in programmers set, it would be most appreciated.

http://107.20.180.35/uploads/fblv103setup.exe for the install program and http://107.20.180.35/uploads/docs.zip for updated documentation for communication protocol etc.

My server is down at the moment, so the above links are only temporary to my server is back online. I will post the new links when my server is back up.

Cheers,
John
Last edited by John_NZ; Jan 10, 2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Fixed Links.