HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
Did You rebind the radio to the receaver?
do you have your throttle all the way down with 0 trim?
If you plug in your heli what color led is let on the Gyro?
The throttle was all the way down but somehow my throttle trim was up about half way ! I haven't rebound yet. Does the throttle trim make a difference ? The light on the gyro is red. Now I cant seem to get a connection again.
kel1 is offline Find More Posts by kel1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:54 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
yes because the gyro needs 0 throttle to boot.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
The throttle trim is at 0 now. I rebound the RX to TX and I still have no stick movement. When I power up, the servos move a bit but when the gyro is intitialised all servos are locked. Getting a connection is hit and miss but when it does connect I cant do anything in setup and I cant seem to reload my original settings because I lost all my settings on the Gyro somehow. I think it may have happened when I thought I had it working OK last night and didn't realize it but in any case I am still stumped for now. When I do get it to connect and it is connected right now all of the sliders stay at the bottom and I cant load my ini file or click on any of the defaults. The sliders just keep going to the bottom ??
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:25 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
what version of the software are you trying to use?
when I try to connect to my Heli with out it connected my dongle well flash the blue led but the red stays constant with V1.15beta.
Im not sure with the ZXY Gyro but with the CX3X-1000 my gyro blue led is on with just a boot up and when conected
Last edited by Black_heart; Feb 04, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Johns' latest version. I loaded it last night
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:39 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
Maybe someone with a ZXY Gryo can chime in and help.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
I reset my gyro to defaults manually. Now my servos work again but I get no signal from TX when I manage to get to the setup stage in the software.(When you move sticks no movement on screen).
I still cant load my original file I saved. I even tried the Tarot Software ???

Any suggestions ??
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:38 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
is the cable plugged into the dongle rite?
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Yes the cable is plugged in as shown.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel1 View Post
The throttle trim is at 0 now. I rebound the RX to TX and I still have no stick movement. When I power up, the servos move a bit but when the gyro is intitialised all servos are locked. Getting a connection is hit and miss but when it does connect I cant do anything in setup and I cant seem to reload my original settings because I lost all my settings on the Gyro somehow. I think it may have happened when I thought I had it working OK last night and didn't realize it but in any case I am still stumped for now. When I do get it to connect and it is connected right now all of the sliders stay at the bottom and I cant load my ini file or click on any of the defaults. The sliders just keep going to the bottom ??
If you are connected to the gyro and you move the sliders on the first screen and then they go back down, then the only way that can happen is if there is still data coming from the gyro. This should not be happening at the first screen.

If you are using version 1.15, then the 3rd LED above the connect button should flash each time a data message is received from the Gyro. It should not flash unless you change one of the settings.
There is also the Queue indicator in the bottom status bar. When you are connected to the gyro, it should go to 1, then go back to 0. Is this happening?

From the sound of it, it sounds more like a faulty cable connection causing the problem. Do you have another cable to connect between the dongle and the gyro? Or can you check the cable with a multimeter?
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
I haven't tried 1.15 yet so I will give it whirl. It does just seem like a bad connection though because I have to plug the serial in slowly and just keep trying to connect until it does.

I will check the connector also to eliminate that.
What is strange is that sometimes I can move the sliders and when I load my file to the gyro it doesnt change on my gyro.
When plugging in it has completely changed my settings twice and my servos wont move by stick movement unless I manually put the gyro back to defaults but I cannot get a file to load to the gyro. When I go into setup menu in the software the TX doesnt show signal movement either. Does it matter what Com you use ?
Old Feb 04, 2012, 08:25 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
Yes you have to select the right comport from the drop down and it has to be the one given to the dongle by the pc.
this is Y I told you how to find the port assigned to it threw hard ware manager.
You can go into hard ware manager and change what port it uses but you well always need to select the rite one.

when you say
Quote:
I have to plug the serial in slowly
are you talking when you plug the dongle into the pc?
If so is your usb port faulty can you try another one?
Old Feb 05, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
Yes you have to select the right comport from the drop down and it has to be the one given to the dongle by the pc.
this is Y I told you how to find the port assigned to it threw hard ware manager.
You can go into hard ware manager and change what port it uses but you well always need to select the rite one.

when you say

are you talking when you plug the dongle into the pc?
If so is your usb port faulty can you try another one?
I have no problems selecting the com ports. I have changed the com port numbers only to see if the software or Link preferred a specific number. It seems to connect to whatever port you want. Thanks though!

The USB Link plugs in fine, the red light comes on and it will automatically install the driver if necessary.

When I say I have to plug the serial end in slowly I mean the other side of the USB link. The same one in the picture you took. I am already plugged into the gyro. It seems I have to make a gentle connection or play around with the plug to get it to connect. ( If this makes any sense)

I checked the connector itself with an ohm meter and it is fine.

I don't know how to test the USB Link though.It lights up red and it will flash blue for one second intervals only after I connect to the gyro once and disconnect it. So if it is disconnected from the gyro it flashes blue most of the time. When I first plug in the USB it just stays red, also when I do happen to get it to connect it stays red again.
Is this normal
Last edited by kel1; Feb 05, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 01:25 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
that sounds like a bad solder joint to me in the dongle or bad plug on the lead.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
I thought so too so I took apart the Link and checked and the solder joints seem ok. I have the link plugged into the computer now and the red light is on and the blue one is flashing.

I just downloaded the new version of the software and when I get it to connect after fiddling a bit it will connect, I can load a file on screen but can't transmit it to the gyro. You can see the queue go from 0 to 1 when I transmit but it doesn't go back to 0.

The right side green light above the connect button is flashing randomly when it detects Tarot ZYX and I am transmitting to the gyro but nothing seems to happen. Its been sitting doing that for 15 minutes now. I tried transmitting using ALZRC 3GYS with the same reults. If I move a slider it goes back to the original position and puts the change to be made in the queue. It seems to be connecting easier now with the new version of the software for some odd reason but just wont transmit it seems. ??
Last edited by kel1; Feb 05, 2012 at 02:33 AM.