You could always get one of these

http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/vx1/vx1.php
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:13 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
In the monitor tab of the pc software does everything really need to be at 0? On my dx6i when I use the subtrim to get everything to 0 the end points are all messed up.
kidlat is offline Find More Posts by kidlat
Last edited by kidlat; Feb 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
1,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post

Well, he already has the other combo!

Wc, have you tried connecting the rudder from the servo->spartan->Rx, bypassing the ZYX?

I don't remember if the FBL unit needs to know rudder inputs. I have it the other way around (using the FBL unit only for tail) and it works fine.
cmavr8 is online now Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:45 AM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post

just made my own with a zyx
and $374.99 holey moley i saved a ton of cash if im lucky
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8 View Post
Well, he already has the other combo!

Wc, have you tried connecting the rudder from the servo->spartan->Rx, bypassing the ZYX?

I don't remember if the FBL unit needs to know rudder inputs. I have it the other way around (using the FBL unit only for tail) and it works fine.
and thanks man i figure it will work just trying to get as close to sure as i can with you guys help and advice
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:56 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat View Post
In the monitor tab of the pc software does everything really need to be at 0? On my dx6i when I use the subtrim to get everything to 0 the end points are all messed up.
Never heard of that happening. It seems like you might have some trim on the tabs that you're trying to cancel out with subtrim. Make extra sure that all the trims are at center and subtrim is zero. Also make sure you don't have any mixes active.

Adding subtrim should not have any affect on the end points. But I've found on my Dx6i in the 3x1000 and in flight sims that not all of my inputs go to 100%.

For example, in my fbl software monitor I have everything at 0 when centered. Left rudder goes to 100% but right goes to 98% - unless I push the stick harder. It seems that my gimbals have a limit on one side that isn't really the limit if I use a little more pressure. However, it's not that important to me so I leave it that way...

I suppose I could adjust the endpoints so that when my stick feels like I'm at the limit it reads 100% but the real limit is more like 105%. But then I would have purposely programmed my Tx to move the servos an uneven amount and it's important to have even servo travel so a cycle begins.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:17 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pani View Post
How come the ebay dongle does not work with the Android ZYX apk?
I think it depends on your version of android. I have ICS on my galaxy tab 2 and it tries to connect and asks for a PIN ( but the pin is not always 1234, there's another that starts with 5, Google it)and although connected the software does not connect to the zyx. However, same Bluetooth adapter with friends galaxy S3 with JB OS installed, this connects and does not ask for the pin! It controls the zyx too. Roll on the JB update being sent out to my phone this month!
bionicbone is online now Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
Never heard of that happening. It seems like you might have some trim on the tabs that you're trying to cancel out with subtrim. Make extra sure that all the trims are at center and subtrim is zero. Also make sure you don't have any mixes active.

Adding subtrim should not have any affect on the end points. But I've found on my Dx6i in the 3x1000 and in flight sims that not all of my inputs go to 100%.

For example, in my fbl software monitor I have everything at 0 when centered. Left rudder goes to 100% but right goes to 98% - unless I push the stick harder. It seems that my gimbals have a limit on one side that isn't really the limit if I use a little more pressure. However, it's not that important to me so I leave it that way...

I suppose I could adjust the endpoints so that when my stick feels like I'm at the limit it reads 100% but the real limit is more like 105%. But then I would have purposely programmed my Tx to move the servos an uneven amount and it's important to have even servo travel so a cycle begins.
I just calibrated my dx6i, opened a new model (no trim) and I reset my cx gyro to factory settings. Still not at 0.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:25 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat View Post
I just calibrated my dx6i, opened a new model (no trim) and I reset my cx gyro to factory settings. Still not at 0.
If you mean you're not seeing zero in the CX monitor screen with all your TX trims and sub-trims set to zero - that's normal! Even on a high quality TX, it's likely that you'll need to use a few points of TX sub-trim to get zero in the monitor, and also ATV values from 95% to 105% to get 100 for the servo travel in the monitor.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:43 AM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Thanks 2Doggs. I was able to get it to 0 and end points to an equal number using subtrim and a fresh model.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:43 PM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Hi Guy's,

I'm thinking of buying an inexpensive android tablet like a Google Nexus 7. I have a couple of Questions:

Has anyone used the ZYX Android Bluetooth app with a Nexux 7 without problems?

Does it matter which ZYX firmware is installed? (I don't like v3.5)

Thanks in advance.

Simon
sgbfly is offline Find More Posts by sgbfly
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:45 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2012
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfly View Post
Hi Guy's,

I'm thinking of buying an inexpensive android tablet like a Google Nexus 7. I have a couple of Questions:

Thanks in advance.

Simon
Simon- the tablet is not the factor, it's the version of android. If it is running ics( ice cream sandwich) or jelly bean, it will work fine. I'm using an asus transformer tf300, with jb, and it works perfect. I am using version 3.5 though, still can't answer that, but think it will. I hope this helps, because you have unknowingly helped me a LOT!
Crashed22 is offline Find More Posts by Crashed22
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:19 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfly View Post
Hi Guy's,

Thanks in advance.

Simon
Hi simon,
Check my post 2122 just back a few for my findings.
Although I'm sure the nex7 is on jelly bean now.
Sadly I bought a Samsung galaxy tab 2, the 7" version with 3g, and I'm still waiting for the JB update. Apparently there's issues with the 3g version
Kev
bionicbone is online now Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:41 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
^ Thanks Guys!
sgbfly is offline Find More Posts by sgbfly
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Jun 2008
467 Posts
I don't understand....I just cross flashed my cx-3x1000 with zyx firmware version 2.5, it was a success, I bought it over a year ago, the other 2 were a no go, but i put them back to the copterx firmware. It showed up as as a zyx in the software, and I then proceeded to flash to 3.5. This was successful too.I Then did a complete new setup with my new devo 8s Tx, flew it ,then thought I'd try the programming box..to my surprise it worked!

The main thing I noticed with the new firmware was that the piro compensation is a LOT better than before.

I wanted to change the tail stops, to get rid of the bounce, so I loaded up the software, it now says my unit is a cx-3x1000??! Any idea what happened? It's definiately a lot better than before, and I am very sure that I did not flash it back to the old firmware, and only 1 cx unit flashed properly...an ideas?

Update..What a c*ck I am, did all the flashing fine, did I put it on the Heli....hmmm you guessed it, I put the OLD one back on! please excuse... that's an afternoons work up the swanny!
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Last edited by fishfiend; Feb 21, 2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: being a c*ck