134 Posts
Sorry wrong thread.
fatalsync is offline Find More Posts by fatalsync
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Version 1.12 is up, (http://fbl.net.nz) fixes problem with the negative compensates on the advanced parameters page and adds the swash trim controls on the setup swash plate.
No wonder I left the swash trim controls to do later, had to do the calculations for the trim of each of the swash plate types and allow for the servo directions etc.

I haven't tested it on a heli to make sure it all tracks ok, I have just based my testing on watching the trims move on the setup page.
So if someone would like to double check that it all moves in the right directions, it would be appreciated.

Had better get back to my day job.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Jun 2005
34 Posts
John, I appreciate your hard work and can't wait to try out USB programming when I get my Tarot cable. I may even use the CopterX units on bigger, more expensive helis if they work well.

Is anyone here using them on 600s or 700s?
jgunpilot is offline Find More Posts by jgunpilot
Old Jan 24, 2012, 05:05 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,636 Posts
Downloaded, again lol! Thanks!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2012, 05:37 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,833 Posts
Abbreviation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Version 1.12 is up, (http://fbl.net.nz) fixes problem with the negative compensates on the advanced parameters page and adds the swash trim controls on the setup swash plate.
No wonder I left the swash trim controls to do later, had to do the calculations for the trim of each of the swash plate types and allow for the servo directions etc.

I haven't tested it on a heli to make sure it all tracks ok, I have just based my testing on watching the trims move on the setup page.
So if someone would like to double check that it all moves in the right directions, it would be appreciated.

Had better get back to my day job.
Hi John, one small thing - even after maximising the main program window, the "Setup" window always opens about 100 pixels short of the width needed to show all of the tabs. Now although it's easy enough to use the scroll arrows to display the last two tabs on the right (Giro Dir and Pirouette Optimisation) it would be more convenient if the default size showed all the tabs. I'd be happy to see "Pirouette Optimisation" truncated to "Piro Opt", and you could also abbreviate "Swashplate" to "Swash" in two tabs without obfuscating anything.

I think abbreviating the tabs would be preferable to re-sizing the setup window, since the same default size window shows all the necessary information in all of the tabs within Setup.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 24, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Hi John, one small thing - even after maximising the main program window, the "Setup" window always opens about 100 pixels short of the width needed to show all of the tabs. Now although it's easy enough to use the scroll arrows to display the last two tabs on the right (Giro Dir and Pirouette Optimisation) it would be more convenient if the default size showed all the tabs. I'd be happy to see "Pirouette Optimisation" truncated to "Piro Opt", and you could also abbreviate "Swashplate" to "Swash" in two tabs without obfuscating anything.

I think abbreviating the tabs would be preferable to re-sizing the setup window, since the same default size window shows all the necessary information in all of the tabs within Setup.
Yep, can do that. It does bug me too that you often have to press the scroll to get at the last two tabs. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:00 PM
Helis & Floatplanes
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
@2Doggs - just resize the right side of the Setup window and all the tabs fit. But it would be a bit nicer if the default window size defaulted to show all the tabs.

@John - Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to produce this program and keep it so speedily updated! I'm using it with a couple of CX-3X1000's and a Tarot USB cable. It connects and works flawlessly.

One thing I did notice is that the graphic is still missing from the Collective Pitch Setup page.

Thanks again... Cheers,
Ray
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,833 Posts
@John - I love the new "Clean" function in the "Servo Trim" window! How fantastic to be able to clean your servos with just a click of a button....

But when I tried to use it, all it did was set the sub-trim values to zero....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
@John - I love the new "Clean" function in the "Servo Trim" window! How fantastic to be able to clean your servos with just a click of a button....

But when I tried to use it, all it did was set the sub-trim values to zero....
LOL. Have you checked inside the servos? They may be clean now.

Do you want me to change it to read 'Zero Settings' or something else?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
One thing I did notice is that the graphic is still missing from the Collective Pitch Setup page.
Yeah, I should put that graphic in to fill in the space. The control gets a bit lonely in there.

Any idea what that 8 degrees is about and the start/measure buttons?

I recall that these buttons don't do anything useful. I will have to re-check the Tarot program output.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
LOL. Have you checked inside the servos? They may be clean now.

Do you want me to change it to read 'Zero Settings' or something else?
I guess "Reset" would be the most appropriate label, though it was obviously intended to be "Clear", which is less unambiguous to my mind.

I just found something else on the servo trim page. If I load my .ini file, my servo sub-trims are 11, -20, -15 for Ch1, Ch2 and Ch3. No matter what adjustments I make with any of the "Chevron" keys to the right, the Ch3 value will always go straight to 125, and stay at that value no matter what further clicks you make on the chevron keys.

P.S. what chance would there be of having options to change the window colours? If it was easy to achieve, I think it would be a nice touch.

As ever, I am eternally grateful that you have put so much effort into this and given us software before the manufacturers could see fit to release it!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
I guess "Reset" would be the most appropriate label, though it was obviously intended to be "Clear", which is less unambiguous to my mind.

I just found something else on the servo trim page. If I load my .ini file, my servo sub-trims are 11, -20, -15 for Ch1, Ch2 and Ch3. No matter what adjustments I make with any of the "Chevron" keys to the right, the Ch3 value will always go straight to 125, and stay at that value no matter what further clicks you make on the chevron keys.

P.S. what chance would there be of having options to change the window colours? If it was easy to achieve, I think it would be a nice touch.

As ever, I am eternally grateful that you have put so much effort into this and given us software before the manufacturers could see fit to release it!

Are you clicking directly on the servo trim tab or using the 'next' button to get to the servo trim page?

I just found there is an issue with using the 'next' button to get to the servo trim page, which means the first time you press a chevron, it starts your trims from zero (or maybe some other random number).

If you are using the 'next' button, try going directly to the tab by pressing on the 'servo trim' tab label at the top to select the servo trim page and see if it still has the same problem. I suspect it is because a shadow variable is not being initialised when the next/prev buttons are being used.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:31 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,833 Posts
Without Controller!

It's happening when I go directly to the "Servo Trim" window from the "Setup" window - but only without the controller connected. So it prevents me being able to use the software to edit the .ini file, but there is no problem with the controller connected.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
It's happening when I go directly to the "Servo Trim" window from the "Setup" window - but only without the controller connected. So it prevents me being able to use the software to edit the .ini file, but there is no problem with the controller connected.
What are your steps to see the problem?

1. No Controller connected
2. Load an ini file (swash plate type?)
3. Open setup window
4. Click servo trim tab
5. Click any chevron

Then you see ch3 go to 125?

Is this correct?
Last edited by John_NZ; Jan 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:42 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,833 Posts
Curiouser and Curiouser

I open the software. It can have the three "lights" red, or I can turn them green by connecting on Com 3.

I load the .ini file that has Ch3 set to -15, and then click on the Setup tab

I then click on the "Servo Trim" tab, and clicking on any of the "chevron" keys in the collective or cyclic adjustment areas within "swash" adjustment results in the Ch3 value going to 125.

Here's the odd thing. another of my .ini files (with Ch3 reversed) has the Ch3 sub-trim value set to -47. Clicking on the cyclic and collective adjustment buttons has the expected result in that case - incrementing the value by 1 or 5 in collective, though 1 or 6 in elevator.
RCG Plus Member