Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:20 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
2Doggs

Glad you got it sorted - don't forget that you need to drop the D for the Swash Pitch and Roll PID settings to 10 for the 3.5 firmware
Thanks for the reminder - I did that - but didn't try the CX ZYX this morning. An earlier post mentioned dropping it on pitch, roll and yaw, but I didn't think it applied to the tail, where I have modified settings anyway.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Jan 2010
546 Posts
Has there been in documented difference on how it performs based on where you mount it? I have the Tarot ZYX mounted on the side of my Trex 450 and the tail likes to drift. I was wondering if mounting on top behind the anti-rotation bracket would offer any improvement.
Hav2fly is offline Find More Posts by Hav2fly
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:11 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav2fly View Post
Has there been in documented difference on how it performs based on where you mount it? I have the Tarot ZYX mounted on the side of my Trex 450 and the tail likes to drift. I was wondering if mounting on top behind the anti-rotation bracket would offer any improvement.
One or two people have said that they had problems with it mounted upright - however it is hard to say definitively whether it is better or worse as some people struggle to get the ZYX / CX 3X1000 to work well no matter how it is mounted.
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined Jan 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
One or two people have said that they had problems with it mounted upright - however it is hard to say definitively whether it is better or worse as some people struggle to get the ZYX / CX 3X1000 to work well no matter how it is mounted.
Yep, thinking it's time for a BeastX! My 550 has a Beast, set it up one time and haven't had to touch it. Solid as a rock!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:30 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Yep, thinking it's time for a BeastX! My 550 has a Beast, set it up one time and haven't had to touch it. Solid as a rock!
I'm not sure that I explained that properly - these can be made to work very well - it's just that not everybody has the patience / approach to get them working well.

However my Beastx's still fly better
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
You can't expect a $40 gyro to work as well as one 5x more expensive... Nonetheless, I don't think the BX flies 5x as well as the ZYX, but rather only subtly better.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:09 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,312 Posts
I actually have no idea why some have problems with the ZYX / 3x1000.
Setup seems really straight forward to me. Have not seen one hiccup since i got them a year back and converted nearly my complete fleet for the price of one beastX. Even with the cheapest servos on the planet on cyclic it all worked fine. The last heli will get the ZYX as tail only if CopterX wont hurry with the software update.
Sometimes the tail needs tweaking a bit. Had some drift in pirouetting hover, but that was fixed by replacing the completely worn swash-plate, or get the swash level.

Only the 250 tail is not working well.... but it has a HUGE amounts of slop in the pitch slider. I just cant be arsed to get the new Align slider for it for $40. the HK250 kit was the same money. Id rather fly it as is, or leave if on display. Little basted money pit that it is.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:53 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,823 Posts
The only glitches I've seen have been unexplained reversal of pitch when doing programming - and I'm now convinced that it's due to the latent conditions switching feature, which has been there from the moment the gyro was introduced.

A friend of mine swears by his BeastX's - but he's never learned how to adjust them, since they just worked as is.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:27 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,133 Posts
I think that most of the people that can't get them working it is due to ...
1. Poor mechanical set-up
2. Not reading / understanding the instructions or suggestions from here
3. Not taking a methodical approach to working through issues
4. Trying to use the complex PID settings without understaning what they do
5. A mix of the above

If you take a methodical approach and ask for help when needed, then these are very easy to get going
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:40 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
ive installed the tarot app on my phone and all works well, was just wondering if anyone knew where it stores the files on the phone, as i cant find them anywhere. want to make a copy in case my phone goes down, gets lost etc, also is there any issue leaving the bluetooth adaptor connected to the gyro all the time, as i want to mount it in the frame, or ill prob end up loosing it or something.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
I think that most of the people that can't get them working it is due to ...
1. Poor mechanical set-up
2. Not reading / understanding the instructions or suggestions from here
3. Not taking a methodical approach to working through issues
4. Trying to use the complex PID settings without understaning what they do
5. A mix of the above

If you take a methodical approach and ask for help when needed, then these are very easy to get going
I fly with some heli pilots that are much better than me and they've had a pull on my 450 clone pro. It's almost all align now. Got tired of buying 4 sets of cheap crown gears to get one good molded pair. Or bearings that were junk out of the package... Anyway, enough about poor quality hk parts and xheli...

You fly it soft, it fly's more like a fly bared heli. The tail likes to just drift around all the time. Hand to my buddy and it piro flips fine, holds in most situations, but it's just not solid.

I've spent lots of time with it hooked to the laptop and trying to make it better. I would rather spend that time in the air flying.

I'm all ears. The beast will have to wait until after I finish building my 3DHS 87" Gas 300 Exrta. I'm more of a plane guy

I started with a upgraded B400 with a mini G. The blade was solid and great to fly. Just want my 450 Pro to be more consistent,

Thanks
Shane
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Jan 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to move it to the anti-rotation bracket first chance I get and try it. My buddy has a 450 PRO V2 with a total G mounted that way. It's not pretty, but it works! That thing is giant!

Here is a pick of it.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:10 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Anyone have any ideas why, on the pc app my aileron channel shows it moving in the correct direction but when i connect via Bluetooth on my phone, the monitor screen shows it moving the opposite way? Also where the files are stored on my phone
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Last edited by peter24; Dec 10, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:57 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
I fly with some heli pilots that are much better than me and they've had a pull on my 450 clone pro. It's almost all align now. Got tired of buying 4 sets of cheap crown gears to get one good molded pair. Or bearings that were junk out of the package... Anyway, enough about poor quality hk parts and xheli...

You fly it soft, it fly's more like a fly bared heli. The tail likes to just drift around all the time. Hand to my buddy and it piro flips fine, holds in most situations, but it's just not solid.

I've spent lots of time with it hooked to the laptop and trying to make it better. I would rather spend that time in the air flying.

I'm all ears. The beast will have to wait until after I finish building my 3DHS 87" Gas 300 Exrta. I'm more of a plane guy

I started with a upgraded B400 with a mini G. The blade was solid and great to fly. Just want my 450 Pro to be more consistent,

Thanks
Shane
What tail servo are you using - these need a decent tail servo
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:50 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,224 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to move it to the anti-rotation bracket first chance I get and try it. My buddy has a 450 PRO V2 with a total G mounted that way. It's not pretty, but it works! That thing is giant!

Here is a pick of it.
Picture could not be shown, can you repost ?
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014