HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,119 Posts
Well worth doing a thorough check on the servo direction movements and the corrections after you have upgraded the firmware
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Can anyone give an explanation of what Condition 1 and Condition 2 are? What do you use them for? How do you switch from condition 1 to condition 2 using your TX; or do you have to mess with the gyro settings?
I have an old version that did not have conditions and I can not find an explation.
Waterfly is offline Find More Posts by Waterfly
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfly View Post
Can anyone give an explanation of what Condition 1 and Condition 2 are? What do you use them for? How do you switch from condition 1 to condition 2 using your TX; or do you have to mess with the gyro settings?
I have an old version that did not have conditions and I can not find an explation.
Conditions 1 & 2 are like 2 different setups within the gyro. It means you can have 2 separate setups and switch between them in flight.
It is controlled by using the gain channel, and you have to enable it in the advance menu of the 3.5 version software. There is a drop down box and one of the 2 options says switch condition, select that one and you will have the ability to switch through 2 conditions.
Make sure you have both of you basic settings the same, as a different condition can mean you have the main controls reversed in the separate condition. I set up in condition 1 and then if it is correct copy the setiings to condition 2. I do this whether I use the function or not just to make sure that any glitch on the gyro the 2 basic settings are the same.

If you set the condition switch then go to the gain channel in your tx and set up say -75/+75. This should allow the switch function to operate.

It can be used to change from mild to wild or say to try out different settings on maiden flights.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Thanks
Waterfly is offline Find More Posts by Waterfly
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
What I don't like about the conditions feature is that you have to set your tail gain in the FBL controller - and so you can't change it easily in the field (or even in flight) using your TX.

You can approximate to a similar effect to switching conditions by making use of dual rates, but conditions switching might be a great way of establishing the maximum cyclic gain setting.

I was surprised to discover that my CX 3x1000, which I bought not long after they came out, can make use of conditions switching, just by using it with the appropriate software. In my case, I use John_NZ's. There have been no firmware updates for the CX, so conditions switching was there from the get go.

I also believe that this latent conditions switching feature could be responsible for many reported glitches with the controller, when the controller somehow boots up into condition 2, for which the parameters have not been correctly set. Busher's strategy of copying settings across therefore seems like a very sensible precaution, even for people not using conditions switching.

It seems odd that the conditions feature would have been set up so that you could have different basic settings, though. It's not as if you're going to make any changes to your servo reversing and trim, and it would have been better to have those automatically loaded into both conditions, and have both conditions updated with any adjustments to the basic settings.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:42 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Apr 2012
47 Posts
Actualy, no matter how old your gyro is, 2 flight conditions has always been there all the time. Remember when we do all the setup using tx method, there are 2 basic default settings we can choose, F3C and 3D. Those are actualy Flight Cond 1 and 2.

So even if we set the Gear switch for gyro gain, we still can change betwen flight conditions at field using tx programming method.
krisnov is online now Find More Posts by krisnov
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:50 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnov View Post
Actualy, no matter how old your gyro is, 2 flight conditions has always been there all the time. Remember when we do all the setup using tx method, there are 2 basic default settings we can choose, F3C and 3D. Those are actualy Flight Cond 1 and 2.

So even if we set the Gear switch for gyro gain, we still can change betwen flight conditions at field using tx programming method.
Hmm, my reading of the manual is that the two defaults you refer to, F3C and 3D are just two of the five preset models, namely - Beginner, F3C, 3D Soft, Hard Core and Extreme - that you get when programming with the program box or with the software.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:06 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
so I am having a bit of a problem setting up my 3rd 3X1000. The blade pitch is backwards but ALE and ELE work perfect. I give it forward the the front two pitch down and the elevator pitches up, reverse works as exected but throttle up pitches the blades down and vice versa.... normally I would review the swash but the one normal swash mix does not allow that. I have gone throught the software, the programming box, I just can't get this set right????

Any ideas what I am missing?
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:21 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Everything's fine, just set your collective range value to a negative number instead of positive!

On my CX's, I do all the servo reversing in the CX rather than in the TX, then I can use the same model memory to fly both 450's.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:59 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
thanks 2Doggs, worked perfectly
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:49 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Apr 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Hmm, my reading of the manual is that the two defaults you refer to, F3C and 3D are just two of the five preset models, namely - Beginner, F3C, 3D Soft, Hard Core and Extreme - that you get when programming with the program box or with the software.
The factory loaded F3C preset to Cond 1 and Soft/Hard 3D preset to Cond 2 by default.

You can try this, connect the gyro to pc software and remember which flight condition was active, cond 1 or 2. Now reboot the gyro in tx programming mode using ail stick and change to the other flight mode and save.
Reboot the gyro and connect to pc soft again. You will see the active flight condition has changed...
krisnov is online now Find More Posts by krisnov
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:01 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnov View Post
The factory loaded F3C preset to Cond 1 and Soft/Hard 3D preset to Cond 2 by default.

You can try this, connect the gyro to pc software and remember which flight condition was active, cond 1 or 2. Now reboot the gyro in tx programming mode using ail stick and change to the other flight mode and save.
Reboot the gyro and connect to pc soft again. You will see the active flight condition has changed...
Excellent! It's great to learn new things about this gyro! I've never tried TX programming, but I'll have a go!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2008
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Everything's fine, just set your collective range value to a negative number instead of positive!

On my CX's, I do all the servo reversing in the CX rather than in the TX, then I can use the same model memory to fly both 450's.
I do exactly the same with my 3 cx units, the only thing I change is the tail gyro settings via the transmitter..and I have never had a problem using the programming box and I was a total newby to flybarless...but since I changed I've got a whole lot better![/I]
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend
Last edited by fishfiend; Dec 05, 2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:37 PM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
590 Posts
I've read through quite a bit of this thread, but haven't quite found the answer I'm looking for...

Can the CX3X1000 be programmed via bluetooth and android app just like the ZYX can? All the android software i've found is explicitly for the ZYX. Will it work with the copterX version too?

Are they functionally any different at all?
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:07 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
looks like the pin is "5782", I don't have one to verify it though.
Good news, this has been verified as the pin, Enjoy!
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II