HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Tarot

Cheaper to get the Tarot one from AC-RC, definitely works for $5.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Cheaper to get the Tarot one from AC-RC, definitely works for $5.
I already have one. But how I connect it? do I need the 5v from the USB or not?
costasp is offline Find More Posts by costasp
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by costasp View Post
I already have one. But how I connect it? do I need the 5v from the USB or not?
No, the power needs to come from your flight pack, or a bec. You need to bind the RX to your TX too. There is no power used through the USB cable.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
@John_NZ - was using the latest software (as i havn't used it for a little while) and noticed the following setup screen is not in it - Yet I think I remember using it as i only have the copterx version and not the tarot.. But it seems it's no longer in your software..

Was it removed or am i imagining things - lol

PS: It's a fantastic feature - any chance it can be added to your software.. i know it may be a hard ask but it's probably the single most impressive feature of the tarot version - and the idea probable came from the vbar software. I am of course referring the othe arrowed setup option on the right of the display..

anyway - if there's any way this can be added - that would be fantastic as it allows everything to be setup and tuned in one hit..

-------
Update: I just discovered it was in this version of software "CX3X_2.1_EN.exe" - was that your early version of it or someone else's ?
Yep, I can add that in. At the time I left it out in order to concentrate on getting everything else implemented. So I can now fill in some of the missing details.

One thing I wonder about though. If you trim up your swash plate and have some offsets already, I found if you start pressing the buttons on the right, it immediately clears all your existing offsets and starts from zero.
My expectation was that it should start with the offsets you already have and apply relative changes to them.

What do you think?
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:00 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Yep, I can add that in. At the time I left it out in order to concentrate on getting everything else implemented. So I can now fill in some of the missing details.

One thing I wonder about though. If you trim up your swash plate and have some offsets already, I found if you start pressing the buttons on the right, it immediately clears all your existing offsets and starts from zero.
My expectation was that it should start with the offsets you already have and apply relative changes to them.

What do you think?
Personally, I'd much rather see it start with your existing offsets (trim values) rather than reset them all to zero.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
No, the power needs to come from your flight pack, or a bec. You need to bind the RX to your TX too. There is no power used through the USB cable.
Thank you
costasp is offline Find More Posts by costasp
Old Jan 23, 2012, 03:00 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,900 Posts
Quote:
Personally, I'd much rather see it start with your existing offsets (trim values) rather than reset them all to zero.
agreed - it would be cool if you could add this feature, and as 2D has suggested
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jan 23, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Apr 2011
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
@John_NZ - was using the latest software (as i havn't used it for a little while) and noticed the following setup screen is not in it - Yet I think I remember using it as i only have the copterx version and not the tarot.. But it seems it's no longer in your software..

Was it removed or am i imagining things - lol

PS: It's a fantastic feature - any chance it can be added to your software.. i know it may be a hard ask but it's probably the single most impressive feature of the tarot version - and the idea probable came from the vbar software. I am of course referring the othe arrowed setup option on the right of the display..

anyway - if there's any way this can be added - that would be fantastic as it allows everything to be setup and tuned in one hit..

-------
Update: I just discovered it was in this version of software "CX3X_2.1_EN.exe" - was that your early version of it or someone else's ?
I have that version as well it is in the early version of the tarot software, I was going to ask if it could be included as it is a great way to trim your swash Very much like the vbar software, I makes it easy to find 0 pitch setting and level off the swash as well. This is great if you have a heli that is previously set for FB as there is usually not much else to do but a few tweaks here and there.
Great work and I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
@ 2doggs... That feature is inhibitive on all of my model memories in TX. This only happens each time I install the newest version of John`s FBL program. I have the TG-1, 2-cx3x1000, 3GYS, & ZYX and they have all been setup w/ program box and then checked w/ v1.08, v1.09, & v1.10. Each time I connect gyros to new version of John`s FBL I have this happen(subtrims & travel adjustments will be off by afew points(3 to 5) but not on every control( ail.ele. rud. pit.) I have even hooked them up to program box first to make sure all are at the right settings and then to FBL program. On program box all is fine but not on first hookup with FBL program.

@John NZ... Since all by gyros have already been setup I always open up the advance menu first after making sure gyro and FBL program are connected ( green lights on). With a new FBL version installed it will always show 60 & 40 on rc deadband but all of the other settings in the advance menu will be at my settings. After changing both back to 10 I go to the setup menu and find afew of the subtrims & travel adjustments off. It will not be all of them off just a few. This will happen each time any of the gyros are hooked up to new version for first time. I had the same thing happen w/ Tarot software on the rc deadbands on the first hookup to program even thou the ZYX had been setup w/ program box. On your next new version I will have to open setup menu first and go thru it then go to advance menu to see what happens.

Other than this the program is great
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
@IFHELI, Thanks for the extra information. I will do a comparison with the tarot programming box and see if I can replicate what you are seeing.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
thanks a lot john_nz... the software works perfectly.. all my settings are getting saved beautifully! no issues whatsoever.

the agility and all are saved too! I am a happy camper! lol

will try to fly again tomorrow.
rahulgaba is offline Find More Posts by rahulgaba
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:38 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
agreed - it would be cool if you could add this feature, and as 2D has suggested
+1 on that.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:51 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post

What do you think?
Thanks, John. That was a nice feature in the tarot software. The relative change would definitely be my preference. The clear button can be used to zero first, if required.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
John,

I installed the V1.11 tonight and the subtrims and travel adjustments were spot on as well as the rc deadband on first hookup. The only problem is with the tail comp. When I first open advance menu it showed my -5 setting. Then when I reopen it the tail comp box was red and showed 251. It would not let me hit ok to close advance menu because it will come up with error message->please fix errors. I enter the -5 again hit ok and it will close but on reopening again it`s back to the 251 w/ red box. I`m useing a Hitec 5084 on tail. This is the only heli setup that is useing a -5 setting all the other ones are 5.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
John,

I installed the V1.11 tonight and the subtrims and travel adjustments were spot on as well as the rc deadband on first hookup. The only problem is with the tail comp. When I first open advance menu it showed my -5 setting. Then when I reopen it the tail comp box was red and showed 251. It would not let me hit ok to close advance menu because it will come up with error message->please fix errors. I enter the -5 again hit ok and it will close but on reopening again it`s back to the 251 w/ red box. I`m useing a Hitec 5084 on tail. This is the only heli setup that is useing a -5 setting all the other ones are 5.
Thanks, I didnt check that. It will be a easy fix.