HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I tried to get my home made bluetooth adapter to connect to the android app, but had no luck. Firstly, when it wasn't pair to the phone it came up with invalid password and once I'd manually paired it to the phone, it came up with unable to connect.

I've ordered the ZYX one from Infinity, so I'll report back if I have more success with that one.
I received the ZYX Bluetooth adapter from Infinity Hobby and it works with the app in my HTC Sensation XE.

I really like the app. The only niggle I have is with the slide bar. IMO, a couple of arrow buttons would have done the job just as well, probably better.

Also, an option to link to the last bluetooth adapter, at start up, would have been nice.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined May 2005
127 Posts
zyx12 on order

I have a zyx12 (official Tarot blue tooth adapter) on order from moonhobby.com, I'm hoping that it will work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab running android 2.3. The Tarot app runs fine on the Tab.
I did try to connect the android app to a blue tooth unit (ex Ebay) that works perfectly to connect the PC to the ZYX gyro, but I could not get it to connect via android app. Could Beenflying please advise if the Tarot blue tooth adapter will connect to the ZYX using the PC ? and if it will what name the Blue Tooth adapter is called under Windows ?
My theory is that the android app is looking for a specific blue tooth adapter name, I found some instructions on how to rename a blue tooth adapter, so if I know the correct name and apply this name to my existing blue tooth adapter then the android app may connect
DepronMan is offline Find More Posts by DepronMan
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:25 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
The name of the ZYX adapter is "ZYX-BT". I haven't tried to bind it to the PC. They didn't supply a bind code and I'm pretty sure it's not "1234". I was just going to use the ZYX Bluetooth unit for field programming, and my home made ones for the PC.

I'd be interested to hear how you rename the adapter and how you get on after doing it.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:29 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
The name of the ZYX adapter is "ZYX-BT". I haven't tried to bind it to the PC. They didn't supply a bind code and I'm pretty sure it's not "1234". I was just going to use the ZYX Bluetooth unit for field programming, and my home made ones for the PC.

I'd be interested to hear how you rename the adapter and how you get on after doing it.
looks like the pin is "5782", I don't have one to verify it though.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:41 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepronMan View Post
I have a zyx12 (official Tarot blue tooth adapter) on order from moonhobby.com, I'm hoping that it will work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab running android 2.3. The Tarot app runs fine on the Tab.
I did try to connect the android app to a blue tooth unit (ex Ebay) that works perfectly to connect the PC to the ZYX gyro, but I could not get it to connect via android app. Could Beenflying please advise if the Tarot blue tooth adapter will connect to the ZYX using the PC ? and if it will what name the Blue Tooth adapter is called under Windows ?
My theory is that the android app is looking for a specific blue tooth adapter name, I found some instructions on how to rename a blue tooth adapter, so if I know the correct name and apply this name to my existing blue tooth adapter then the android app may connect
I don't think the name matters, it's probably looking for the correct UUID

edit: Nope, it's using the standard bluetooth UUID "00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB"
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:35 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
Great, thanks. Can I ask where you found it?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:54 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Great, thanks. Can I ask where you found it?
Java decompiles nicely
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
The tarot USB adapter works great for my stock CX-1000, will the Tarot bluetooth work as well?
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Java decompiles nicely
Arh! Well done. *claps*

I'll report back, when I get a chance to try it...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
The tarot USB adapter works great for my stock CX-1000, will the Tarot bluetooth work as well?
The Android app will probably be locked to the Tarot ZYX, so unlikely it will work with the CX-3X1000.

If Zr_Flyer's pin code works, then you could probably still use it with the PC App.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Java decompiles nicely
nicely done!
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
It quite likely doesn't hold at all because you have not set collective to tail pitch compensation in the advanced setup section. That needs to be around +12 or so for most helicopters.
In my mind, the collective to tail pitch comp is analogous to "revo mix" on my Dx6i. "Revo-mix" is used when flying in rate mode to do what you describe but my cheap GY48V gyro holds the tail fine in HH mode without it.

I've avoided using the comp setting because I thought it should only be used in a similar situation - rate mode on the FBL gyro.

On the other hand, I can see where it would cause less work for the gyro by preventing excessive yaw during throttle changes even in HH mode.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:37 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
In my mind, the collective to tail pitch comp is analogous to "revo mix" on my Dx6i. "Revo-mix" is used when flying in rate mode to do what you describe but my cheap GY48V gyro holds the tail fine in HH mode without it.

I've avoided using the comp setting because I thought it should only be used in a similar situation - rate mode on the FBL gyro.

On the other hand, I can see where it would cause less work for the gyro by preventing excessive yaw during throttle changes even in HH mode.
The analogy to "revo mix" is pretty accurate. The coll>tail and cyclic>tail precompensation allows the FBL controller to take preemptive action rather than respond to increased torque reaction from the main rotor. It is a distinct advantage of a proactive system vs. a reactive tail-ony gyro. Theoretically, a proactive system which is aware of upcoming increases in tail demand will always outperform even the most advanced reactive control platform. In fact, the first impression I ever had of the CX gyro is that the tail worked better than the Spartan Quark it had just replaced.

Bottom line: don't be shy in using these settings to make your tail hold perfectly in even the most extreme maneuvers. Use sparringly though. 5-10 points appears to be all that's needed. And always check it goes the right way.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,296 Posts
Thanks! For this reply and the reply in the other thread.

SB
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:58 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Theoretically, a proactive system which is aware of upcoming increases in tail demand will always outperform even the most advanced reactive control platform. In fact, the first impression I ever had of the CX gyro is that the tail worked better than the Spartan Quark it had just replaced.
I agree as both my Copter X 3X1000 and both of my Tarot ZYSs do a better job than the Spartan Quark ($150) which I had been using on my Blade 400. To date only the 400 needs cyclic>tail precompensation while the B450 and Trex 450 do fine without it. The B400 has never been know for having a great tail and now some will debate that.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer