HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Dec 2010
135 Posts
Personally, I like the tuning factor. Having my PC at the feild is no big deal and the software is so easy to use.

I haven't flown the DFC head yet but when I was using my modified FB head as.a FBL head with the cx gyro, I was so amazed at how well my 500 flew. It was on rails and control was so much more precise. In addition to a cobbled together FBL head, I also set everything up via the TX and now going through the set up with the software, I am able to fine tune it with options not available via the TX and the exact value of each is known. All i can say is; this sofware rocks!
Grawyl is offline Find More Posts by Grawyl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:43 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
Thanks, I'll try that !
P.S.
Before going flybarless I though this is the real deal, no need to change many parts after crash, the whole setup is much easier, in other words just positive against flybared. But I was wrong, the whole setup is so complicated. Also I have to carry my laptop to the field to make adjustments. This takes so much time... And that Align DFC head was freaking me out. It is so sensitive to anything ! And caused a lot vibrations....
I don't know if I would able to choose FBL vs FB which one would I choose now..
I think it's pretty easy to underestimate how much still comes down to mechanical setup though. Things like a good balance, correct center of gravity, a well trimmed out helicopter still matter. It might even matter more than it did when using a flybar.

Getting the settings just right does take some effort (and more importantly, knowledge of what does what), but the ZYX fbl is a very capable flybarless unit and doesn't have that much issues left in my opinion.

I wouldn't ever say it's better than a BeastX, but for it's money and performance it's a wonderful deal coming in ridiculously close.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:30 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
help... please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCharlieAU View Post
Gaaaa! I must have spent at least 2 hours last night TRYING to get the bluetooth connection working. I performed the following steps:
1. Modded the USB cable swapping VCC & GND.
2. Powered up the gyro, and connected the cable (red light started flashing on the bt).
3. Searched for bt devices (found 'linvor').
4. entered the passkey '1234', computer 'paired' with the bt device.
5. Checked settings - it had 'serial over bt' as an available service via COM9.
6. I then tried putty, terraterm, etc, etc to get a connection on COM9, but NOTHIN I tried would make that light stop flashing!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh - and of course neither the Tarot software or John's would connect either.

Thanks - AC
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas...? Can't understand why I can't connect. Read somewhere that the Toshiba bt stack may be required. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Cheers - AC
AlphaCharlieAU is offline Find More Posts by AlphaCharlieAU
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:21 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
915 Posts
did you turn on the TX and allow the gyro to initialize
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=359
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:08 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
did you turn on the TX and allow the gyro to initialize
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=359
Hi. Yes. I have tried just about everything I can think of.

Thanks - AC
AlphaCharlieAU is offline Find More Posts by AlphaCharlieAU
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the gyro set up and connected to all the servos, I can connect to the unit via the USB cable and fbl.net.nz software.

My problems are the aileron movements are quite slow when compared to just the collective pitch. Also the rudder does not budge... I don't know what to change to get the rudder going....

In the second tab of the setup page I can see that the rudder is getting a signal from the TX but the actual rudder does not move.

What should my TX settings be? the TX is a KDS K7Xii.

thanks,
nastnas is offline Find More Posts by nastnas
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
Happy to say i had a successful setup flight (hover) on the CX today. Tweaked the tail gain in just right. I do however have a slow side to side wag of about 2 inches. The other thing i noticed is some kick back on hard piro stops. any thoughts on these two items? The tail held very well in hard collective punch outs (i was a bit impressed it hit that hard, it never did flybarr'd.) I may try to reflash and update this, but if its flying well, maybe not.
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,290 Posts
The wag can be I-gain related. Reduce it to see if it goes away. You can adjust the deceleration to tune out the kick.
If you can't get it right, try another position on the tail servo horn.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
Attempted a crossflash from my (silver top, blue based) CX unit. Use the right software, new 3.5 ZYX firmware bin file. Got the "upgrade complete" message and the light on the gyro went off. After that, no more lights, no connect on any of the programs (i got ALL of them, just to be sure). Reflashed back to CX stock firmware just fine, even kept my settings. I thought i had an old enough unit to do this, but i guess not. Any word on new/update CX firmware?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
Attempted a crossflash from my (silver top, blue based) CX unit. Use the right software, new 3.5 ZYX firmware bin file. Got the "upgrade complete" message and the light on the gyro went off. After that, no more lights, no connect on any of the programs (i got ALL of them, just to be sure). Reflashed back to CX stock firmware just fine, even kept my settings. I thought i had an old enough unit to do this, but i guess not. Any word on new/update CX firmware?
Well, cross-flashing doesn't necessarily have to work. Are you sure you've used the ZYX firmware and not the ZYX-s v3.5?
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:40 PM
Dryden ON. Canada
Joined Jan 2011
8 Posts
Hey branflake12 I also tried to flash my cx with the same results as you,no lights at all. How did you connect to reflash none of the software ware will hook up.
Rock 114 is offline Find More Posts by Rock 114
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
915 Posts
@Rock114 just boot the gyro in update mode and click on the update tab in the software no need to connect to the gyro.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
Dryden ON. Canada
Joined Jan 2011
8 Posts
I will give it a shot thanks
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
Dryden ON. Canada
Joined Jan 2011
8 Posts
It worked like a charm Thanks alot Black_heart. It is back from the dead
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
Yes, same steps i followed, and yes, correct firmware. Downloaded the -S first by mistake but never ran it. OH well, maybe CX will release an update someday?