Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:58 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
Thanks !
I have another question. How do you set the Tail Gain ? Via transmitter, or via PC software ? I can't get enough Tail Gain, when I set it with my Spektrum DX7. I put 100% but the tail doesn't hold, when I set it via PC at 100% then the tail has too much gain.
Leave the PC at 100% and then use your Tx to set the tail gain you want. It should be a similar setting to what most tail gyros have. Aim for an initial value in the PC monitor screen (first setup tab, bottom right slider) of around 30.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
should it be on 100% on the gyro so if you can do changes on the radio... it the gain on the gyro is not 100% then the set gain will be the one on the gyro and not on the radio
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
should it be on 100% on the gyro so if you can do changes on the radio... it the gain on the gyro is not 100% then the set gain will be the one on the gyro and not on the radio
I'm not sure that's accurate. I run gains less than 100 on both my gyros and I can still control the gain from my DX6i. These are CX unnits x-flashed with ZYX 3.5
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:40 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
I'm not sure that's accurate. I run gains less than 100 on both my gyros and I can still control the gain from my DX6i. These are CX unnits x-flashed with ZYX 3.5
Sure the Tx gain is always a multiplier of the gyro gain,. One thing though, if the gyro is set at less than 100, say 70, the Tx can never achieve a gain of more than 70 only less. On the other hand if you know the total gain of 70 is too high then you can lower it in finer steps. Well that's how I understand it anyways.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
That's exactly how I interpret it as well.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:48 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
Sure the Tx gain is always a multiplier of the gyro gain,. One thing though, if the gyro is set at less than 100, say 70, the Tx can never achieve a gain of more than 70 only less. On the other hand if you know the total gain of 70 is too high then you can lower it in finer steps. Well that's how I understand it anyways.
Yes, this seems to be correct.

However, even with a setup gain of say only 30%, you'll definitely be able to change the gain. The Tx gain will always define the final gain value.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,923 Posts
I believe the gyro gain is for people without a free 5th channel. Like a lot of gyros you can adjust the gain on the gyro itself or with the free channel you can do it remotely. I would think a signal coming from the gain wire would over ride any setting in the gyro at least that is how all the others I have used work. So It really shouldn't matter what you have the program set for if using your transmitter. Of course this one could be the exception. lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I believe the gyro gain is for people without a free 5th channel. Like a lot of gyros you can adjust the gain on the gyro itself or with the free channel you can do it remotely. I would think a signal coming from the gain wire would over ride any setting in the gyro at least that is how all the others I have used work. So It really shouldn't matter what you have the program set for if using your transmitter. Of course this one could be the exception. lol!
Which would make no sense whatsoever as 6 channel helicopters usually really require six channels to fly.

If you check the tooltip hint in the 3.0 software, it states it's the 'tail rotor TOTAL gain'.

This essentially means it's the multiplier gain value for all other gain values (yaw P, I and D gain) in the 'advanced menu' tab.

It also states the 'switch yaw gain' feature provides adjustable gyro gain through the Tx as is commonly the case with HH gyros.
Last edited by PHMX; Aug 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
Need to understand!!
United Kingdom, Witham
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
I found that when using channel 5 to switch between modes 1 & 2 the total gain function came in very handy being that I couldent change it on the transmitter.
Tobiemanser is offline Find More Posts by Tobiemanser
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiemanser View Post
I found that when using channel 5 to switch between modes 1 & 2 the total gain function came in very handy being that I couldent change it on the transmitter.
Yes, if you're using the flight condition modes through the gyro switch, you can't adjust the gain through the radio. That definitely means the total gyro gain will be the actual gain set.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
I installed 1.16 john_nz software. I didn't see the update button anywhere. His website says 1.16 is the stable working version. An I supposed to still use 1.22 or something else for updating the software on my tarot zyx unit. Wanting to go to 3.5
rahulgaba is offline Find More Posts by rahulgaba
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
ZYX

how do i trim the helicopter ? its drifting forward and to the right.

mechanically ? or with the software ?
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
ZYX

how do i trim the helicopter ? its drifting forward and to the right.

mechanically ? or with the software ?
Mechanically, is best

Re check you have your swash level with a swash tool. also check your c of g is where it should be. These are the 2 main causes of drift with this unit. If you cannot stop the drift the chances are you are seeing vibration somewhere.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by busher View Post
mechanically, is best

re check you have your swash level with a swash tool. Also check your c of g is where it should be. These are the 2 main causes of drift with this unit. If you cannot stop the drift the chances are you are seeing vibration somewhere.
thank you
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Mechanically, is best

Re check you have your swash level with a swash tool. also check your c of g is where it should be. These are the 2 main causes of drift with this unit. If you cannot stop the drift the chances are you are seeing vibration somewhere.
Swash plate was unlevel

re-leveled all is perfect no more drift
12+ and 12-