HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
374 Posts
This thread is so full of win. John you are a rockstar!
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:42 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
John you need to be like windows and only release one version every 6 months. Now I have to go download the new one.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
211 Posts
Hi there,

May I say thanks to all who have advanced this software, it is a major improvement over the original Tarot offering, yours seem to connect much better and is easier to use.
There is one question I need to ask, I have a Tarot zyx controller and the USB dongle. This is working very well. I have a slight problem that may be software related but I don't know if its a bug or not. I am running version 1.08 Beta fron Johns website. The problem I have is although I have checked and re checked my setup, the pitch is reversed, but the rest is the fine. I am using leading edge control on my trex 450 se v2 and the controller sets up fine. The monitor shows the correct TX function and the correct throws, but when I have finished the and initialise the gyro the pitch is reversed, I have checked I have not got servo leads in the wrong port etc but this seems ok. The only way I can get the unit to perform in the correct way is to do the full setup as normal, then in the collective screen I have to go to say -70 instead of +70 to get the pitch to perform in the correct way. I would of thoiught that if the setup was perfect you would be using the + side of the slider and not the -ve side. What is throwing me is that the whole setup responds in the correct way during setup but the end result requires a change of collective pitch slider. I have set the heli up 3 times to make sure I hadn't cocked up and I am pretty sure I am correct.
The radio I am using is a DX8 and a ar6100 receiver. The first test flight proved to be very good and the settings were not detrimental to the flight.

Is this reversal of pitch function to facilitate the difference in leading edge or trailing edge control? or have I definately missed a trick along the way?

Thanks for all the work and effort people have put into the development you made the job a good bit easier for us newbies.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
849 Posts
it has to do with leading edge and trailing edge.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:18 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,137 Posts
Going negative value on the collective range in the gyro is the correct thing to do. Dont worry about that.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
@IFHeli, thanks for the feedback, I will investigate and fix up the issues.

@Busher, yeah I find that weird too, if you set your TX up for the correct throw, you need to use negative collective to make the pitch go the right way. But it seems to be what they want you to do.

@mhills51, LOL, first world problems.

Thanks all for the encouragement with the software and your feedback. Also maybe positive news on the iphone and ipad version. It seems there may be a path to get the app into the itunes store with a cable. Although it may take six months
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
John,

I was just useing the Tarot software w/ the ZYX and it does the same thing w/ deadband the first time program is used. Then after that it will always be what you have it set at.

The subtrims and travel adjustments were dead on between the two programs.(FBL & Tarot)

The Tarot software let me set the -5 on tail comp in advance menu and the ini. file was also -5.

Thanks for the work on program. With the change in resolution it now fits the screen on my Acer netbook.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Fantasic job on the iPad software, John. *claps* Definitely heli hall of fame stuff.

Is bluetooth another option for linking to these devices, especially say an android phone or tablet? A user could have one bluetooth adapter to program all of their gyros, it doesn't have to be permanently on the heli.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
788 Posts
when setting up the tail limit do i need or have to be in rate mode ?
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
guys.. this link

http://fbl.net.nz/ is not letting me download anything... its differnet / better than the tarot's software available at ac-rc right?

please let me know how to get it!

thanks!
rahulgaba is offline Find More Posts by rahulgaba
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgaba View Post
guys.. this link

http://fbl.net.nz/ is not letting me download anything... its differnet / better than the tarot's software available at ac-rc right?

please let me know how to get it!

thanks!
It seems that FileSonic have shutdown all sharing capabilities, must be scared of what happened to Mega Upload. I will make the files available somewhere else shortly.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:35 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Hi there,

May I say thanks to all who have advanced this software, it is a major improvement over the original Tarot offering, yours seem to connect much better and is easier to use.
There is one question I need to ask, I have a Tarot zyx controller and the USB dongle. This is working very well. I have a slight problem that may be software related but I don't know if its a bug or not. I am running version 1.08 Beta fron Johns website. The problem I have is although I have checked and re checked my setup, the pitch is reversed, but the rest is the fine. I am using leading edge control on my trex 450 se v2 and the controller sets up fine. The monitor shows the correct TX function and the correct throws, but when I have finished the and initialise the gyro the pitch is reversed, I have checked I have not got servo leads in the wrong port etc but this seems ok. The only way I can get the unit to perform in the correct way is to do the full setup as normal, then in the collective screen I have to go to say -70 instead of +70 to get the pitch to perform in the correct way. I would of thoiught that if the setup was perfect you would be using the + side of the slider and not the -ve side. What is throwing me is that the whole setup responds in the correct way during setup but the end result requires a change of collective pitch slider. I have set the heli up 3 times to make sure I hadn't cocked up and I am pretty sure I am correct.
The radio I am using is a DX8 and a ar6100 receiver. The first test flight proved to be very good and the settings were not detrimental to the flight.

Is this reversal of pitch function to facilitate the difference in leading edge or trailing edge control? or have I definately missed a trick along the way?

Thanks for all the work and effort people have put into the development you made the job a good bit easier for us newbies.
Hey Basher,

Isn't the software great! John and BF have done an amazing job!

If running a positive range in the gyro would make you feel better, you can reverse the PIT (channel 6) in your transmitter. Same effect. But no need to, as that is what all the + - settings are for. Remember the transmitter is in 90 degree mode so pit is actually pitch, not one of the cppm servos.

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
It seems that FileSonic have shutdown all sharing capabilities, must be scared of what happened to Mega Upload. I will make the files available somewhere else shortly.
hey thanks john!
rahulgaba is offline Find More Posts by rahulgaba
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Hey Basher,

Isn't the software great! John and BF have done an amazing job!

If running a positive range in the gyro would make you feel better, you can reverse the PIT (channel 6) in your transmitter. Same effect. But no need to, as that is what all the + - settings are for. Remember the transmitter is in 90 degree mode so pit is actually pitch, not one of the cppm servos.

Terry
Yep, I just reverse the pitch channel to keep the number positive. It avoids confusion, especially when using the box. Plus is more and minus is less.

Interesting about FileSonic. I'd be pretty nervous if I was in their shoes as well.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:49 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
when setting up the tail limit do i need or have to be in rate mode ?
No you don't. You only need to be in rate mode when initially setting the servo center and tail pushrod length.
Last edited by beenflying; Jan 22, 2012 at 04:54 PM.