HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
tried almost everything this thing just wont power on guess ill send it back for replacement
thanks again
make sure the wires are plugged in the right way around into the Rx. It wouldn't hurt anything to flip them around and give it a try. Also make sure the Rx is bound and your Tx is sending a signal on the tail gain channel.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:32 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
the CX-3X1000 gets its power from the RX so you need to make sure your RX is bound and working first and you have your gyro gain setting active.

Yes the CX-3X1000 gets its power off the black-red-black lead witch goes into the the Aileron port.

with the wire set black-red-black-red-white the first black wire is the ground lead(negative - )
Have you tested to make sure your Aileron has power at the RX?
copter x cx 3x1000 flybarless gyro dead will not power on. (1 min 56 sec)
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:46 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,153 Posts
No it looks like it is dead.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:49 PM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I faced another problem.
I'm using Tarot ZYX. I try to upgrade firmware with Tarot 3.0 official application, since in 2.5 I can't select port and it doesn't connect.
But the main problem is, that when I open Firmware file, and push the Upgrade button it says: Please open Firmware File. What the hell? I already did that.
Thanx.
Make sure the file isn't in a folder containing Chinese characters.

Take a look at this post I made earlier if you want to change the port of the USB-dongle: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1574
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
yeah, that doesn't look good. If you have a multimeter, you could check the wires and solder contacts inside the gyro to see if it's something simple like a broken lead. Otherwise it really does look dead.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:07 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,789 Posts
Tried to program my copterX cx-3x1000 with the xyz USB adapter from HK and it doesn't connect.. Anyone else tried that combo and had it work?
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:38 AM
Helis & Floatplanes
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
Tried to program my copterX cx-3x1000 with the xyz USB adapter from HK and it doesn't connect.. Anyone else tried that combo and had it work?
I have both the CopterX and Tarot USB adapters. They both use the same driver, but I've found that my CopterX unit connects to COM6 and the Tarot unit connects to COM12. These port numbers probably won't be the same for you, because it depends on how many USB devices are registered with your operating system - but, they probably will be different from each other. Plug each in one at a time and check via the device manager which port each wants to use. As stated earlier in this thread, you can then change them to a lower number if you want. Then, in the software you are using, choose the correct port. I bet you'll get a connection.

BTW, COM12 works just fine for me using John_NZ's software.
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:08 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Joined Apr 2003
4,789 Posts
Yep.. I did the correct port ID thing.. there is a constant red led and then when I try to connect, the blue light flashes.. but no connection is established. I have tried both the copterx and John_NZ's software.. No matter.. I have ordered a copterx USB stick.. hopefully that will fix the issue. I have 3 helis to convert, so want to be able to program via the PC..
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:12 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Are you sure that COM port is the only one that makes blue LED lighting appear when you try to connect?

It sounds like it should work.

Did you try a 'data reset' through the CopterX software?
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
Chillaxin dude!
Joined Apr 2003
4,789 Posts
no, didn't try a data reset. But can connect the separate programming box and that works fine. Blue light flashing is only on when using the specified (ie correct) com port, and attempt to connect.

** did try the data reset.. still no difference..
Last edited by BulletMaster; Jul 11, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
no, didn't try a data reset. But can connect the separate programming box and that works fine. Blue light flashing is only on when using the specified (ie correct) com port, and attempt to connect.

I'm sorry, all data reset is software-side only if it doesn't communicate with the FBL controller.

But at least you have confirmed that the COM port is correct indeed and that it does communicate to some extent.

It's perhaps the USB cable in a physical sense. Yes, the driver is the exact same, but that doesn't mean the cable is. Software can be compatible with multiple cable versions of course, but I'm not entirely sure.

You could try John NZ's software and see if that does connect. It's on the first page of this thread, first post.

Seeing how the field programming box works fine, I'd probably wait for the CopterX cable to arrive though! It's basically working as is, but you can't connect.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
What cyclic servos and tail servo you use? I wonder if you hook all servos to gyro before configure gyro for proper type combo of servos. All servos must be not connected until you configure servos type combo for gyro. otherwise, it may cause damage to gyro.

look like you hook up all servos when you power up gyro. How about we try to take out servos from gyro and power up gyro for test, see if it works. If it works then, try to plug servo back one by one, power up again and test. make sure you do not plug servos in wrong way. If your servo plugs have tab, you can't plug the plug in wrong way.

Also, like other member said, if you have multimeter, check if you get 5v outpiyt from aile channel of rx, middle pin is +5v and ground wire pin is -ve.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:

that is a very cool avatar
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:02 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Joined Apr 2003
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
that is a very cool avatar
Ta.. but I'm afraid I can't take any credit for it. Someone much cleverer than I did it.. I just downloaded it
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:16 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
I do this all the time - have you checked that you have the cable the right way up in the USB dongle ?
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC