SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:49 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
Give it a rest, man!

Everything on the heli is the same (including the battery), except the tail rotor box and boom are bonded and the CopterX CX-3X1000 is now running Tarot ZYX v2.5 firmware.

Didn't work before... works now.
Yeah, I'm sure you're also loving your Spektrum radio and receiver to death, we all get it. You're a tool man. It's silly to say the least how you consider such a fix, the brown-outs, signal losses and such to be anything close to acceptable. But hey, I don't mind when your opinion doesn't really match any decent experience outside of your precious Spektrum radio gear.

Quote:
I don't think it does a thing for flying characteristics, but it sure seems to make the gyro more stable - solid booting and no jitters. Tarot has tweaked their firmware - CopterX says there are no problems with their product. Dispite what PHMX might say, I'll go with the Tarot firmware in the 3X1000.
Yeah, why don't you stop putting dumb words in my mouth. I never said one should not update the C1X3000 to Tarot firmware.

Even then you yourself go on admitting straightaway that it probably won't do much when it comes to flight characteristics as it's not proven that the Tarot firmware is actually superior (or severely different for that matter).

The only reason why I agree people should probably do that cross-upgrade, is because it seems to be the most up to date firmware available. Still doesn't say anything about bugs, issues or fixes and why 'fix' when it's not broken??

Either way, the choice is yours. I don't really have an opinion on cross-upgrading, because it's benefits are based primarily on speculation.

Yes, I do stand behind the idea of not trying to fix anything when it's not broken, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't update when a new or different firmware turns out to be superior.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamou View Post
Hi guys, I just wondering if I could find a tutorial that explain all all different setting do.
Because I have on my 250 a vertical tail wag that I don't know how to fix !
vertical tail wag? I'm guessing you've got cyclic wobbles. Either too low HS, or too much gain on pitch/roll.

Here's a page that explains all the settings: http://www.toyrecycler.net/?p=23279
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
my 3x1000 is not powering on

the batt plug has nothing plugged into it

which plug goes there ?

rx does light up

Can anyone please tell me if the Copterx 3X1000 Gyro get its power from

By wc_wickedclown1 at 2012-07-10

wc_wickedclown is online now Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Last edited by wc_wickedclown; Jul 10, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
I faced another problem.
I'm using Tarot ZYX. I try to upgrade firmware with Tarot 3.0 official application, since in 2.5 I can't select port and it doesn't connect.
But the main problem is, that when I open Firmware file, and push the Upgrade button it says: Please open Firmware File. What the hell? I already did that.
Thanx.
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I faced another problem.
I'm using Tarot ZYX. I try to upgrade firmware with Tarot 3.0 official application, since in 2.5 I can't select port and it doesn't connect.
But the main problem is, that when I open Firmware file, and push the Upgrade button it says: Please open Firmware File. What the hell? I already did that.
Thanx.
The fix is easy, copy the bin file into the 'Update' folder and 'open' the file from there, then you can click 'Upgrade' and it'll find the actual file.

Do not make the mistake of trying to update using the ZYX-S new firmware file though, as it will brick your gyro.

Can you connect using the 3.0 version software? If yes, then you can certainly try to update using the older firmware files, but you'll have to download them separately:

http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?id=262
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:36 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I faced another problem.
Thanx.
Here is the firmware upgrade instruction from Tarot Website:

1.Connect the ZYX gyro to PC by ZYX USB adapter,click "Connect ZYX",make sure it succeed.

2.Open the Firmware in ZYX PC software.

3.Keep the PC,USB adapter and ZYX gyro connecting.Power off ZYX gyro,press "SET" button of gyro and power on.

4.The red lamp is flashing,click "Upgrade" button to start upgrade,the ZYX gyro will restart after successful upgrade.

5.Please make sure your gyro is Tarot ZYX,otherwise the gyro will be damaged.The ZYX gyro does not need to be setup again.

Did you do step 3 first before doing step 4 ? Based upon your description, it looks like you did step 2 and jumped to step 4.

When I did the upgrade in the beginning of this year, in step 3, I held down the SET button with a pin and asked my daughter to connect the power to the gyro for me. After that, I hit the Upgrade button in PC software in step 4. Once the upgrade starts, it takes a while to complete. A window dialog box will pop up when upgrade complete and successful.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
Helis & Floatplanes
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phmx
Either way, the choice is yours.
You are correct... the choice is mine.
I choose to use and enjoy Spektrum equipment
I choose to bond my tail rotor and boom
I choose to believe this bonding helps prevent static build-up
I choose to change the firmware in my CopterX gyros to the Tarot version
I choose to consider you an arrogant, argumentative, and very rude individual
I choose to ignore you from here on out

I have come to realize just how much I truly appreciate all the other fine folks that contribute to this forum - whether by asking for help, which makes others reflect, or by generously offering advice and help whenever they can do so.

Thank you all!
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
where does the 3x1000 get its power from
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
You are correct... the choice is mine.
I choose to use and enjoy Spektrum equipment
I choose to bond my tail rotor and boom
I choose to believe this bonding helps prevent static build-up
I choose to change the firmware in my CopterX gyros to the Tarot version
I choose to consider you an arrogant, argumentative, and very rude individual
I choose to ignore you from here on out

I have come to realize just how much I truly appreciate all the other fine folks that contribute to this forum - whether by asking for help, which makes others reflect, or by generously offering advice and help whenever they can do so.

Thank you all!
You should do whatever you wish. Considering your stubbornness on the subject, you're probably not worthy of my advice anyway.

Really, on a more serious note, I don't get why you and some others end up making such a big fuzz getting all frustrated about my comments on here. Just accept that there are people with different views man, lighten up!

If you disagree with me, that's really fine, but you should probably explain why you disagree, preferably backed with some evidence or experience.

Instead of desperately trying to make me look bad with comments that border on trolling or other provocative nonsense, ask yourself what you have contributed to this forum yourself.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
where does the 3x1000 get its power from
That should be the aileron wire going to your receiver, assuming the C3X1000 is similar to the Tarot ZYX.

It might not be exactly the same knowing how the CopterX unit has some cables that are integrated into the unit, but it's one of the wires that has all three wires connected to your receiver in a single servo plug.

http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/cx-3x1000_manual.pdf

( It's probably the black-red-black wire on the first page picture / connections page 02 . )
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
That should be the aileron wire going to your receiver, assuming the C3X1000 is similar to the Tarot ZYX.

It might not be exactly the same knowing how the CopterX unit has some cables that are integrated into the unit, but it's one of the wires that has all three wires connected to your receiver in a single servo plug.

http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/cx-3x1000_manual.pdf

( It's probably the black-red-black wire on the first page picture / connections page 02 . )
i figured its the red bl red ill try moving it aileron
ty
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
tried almost everything this thing just wont power on guess ill send it back for replacement
thanks again
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
tried almost everything this thing just wont power on guess ill send it back for replacement
thanks again

the CX-3X1000 gets its power from the RX so you need to make sure your RX is bound and working first and you have your gyro gain setting active.

Yes the CX-3X1000 gets its power off the black-red-black lead witch goes into the the Aileron port.

with the wire set black-red-black-red-white the first black wire is the ground lead(negative - )
Have you tested to make sure your Aileron has power at the RX?
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
vertical tail wag? I'm guessing you've got cyclic wobbles. Either too low HS, or too much gain on pitch/roll.

Here's a page that explains all the settings: http://www.toyrecycler.net/?p=23279

Thx !
But what do you mean by low HS ?

Nice link thank you !
wamou is offline Find More Posts by wamou
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:28 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
896 Posts
low HS is low head speed.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart