HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:31 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
Thanks Dr.M, for bringing the static issue to the forefront. BTW... I do use a Spektrum DX6i, with AR6200 and OrangeRX receivers. Never had a problem until I connected the 3X1000 into the system.
That's a power issue, not a static issue. Flybarless controllers don't like low power setups. Add a 40C lipo and see how it'll make all the difference in the world.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:23 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,740 Posts
is the Tarot firmware better then the cx3x1000 firmware? or is there no benefit to cross flashing other then using the same box for both units?

thanks ..
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:11 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,772 Posts
For me it was just to use the same program box and to use the latest released firmware. I only flew the CX-3X1000 as a tail only gyro, before the crossflash, so I can't say if one was different to the other.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:46 PM
Helis & Floatplanes
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
The Right to Express My Opinon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX
That's a power issue, not a static issue.
Give it a rest, man!

Everything on the heli is the same (including the battery), except the tail rotor box and boom are bonded and the CopterX CX-3X1000 is now running Tarot ZYX v2.5 firmware.

Didn't work before... works now. So, again I will say "thank you" to Dr.M and beenflying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty
is the Tarot firmware better then the cx3x1000 firmware?
I don't think it does a thing for flying characteristics, but it sure seems to make the gyro more stable - solid booting and no jitters. Tarot has tweaked their firmware - CopterX says there are no problems with their product. Dispite what PHMX might say, I'll go with the Tarot firmware in the 3X1000.
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:54 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,521 Posts
I glad you got it working, Tahuyeh. Enjoy the beautiful weather we're starting to have here in the PNW
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Feb 2008
196 Posts
I am absolutely loving my heli at the moment, it's so stable in the hover yet as agile as you want to make it!
I've got it set up for relaxed circuit flying (as i'm really still learning) and it feels perfect right now.
It is also noticeably more efficient, giving me an extra 2 mins over the flybarred head...
It's so stable I don't even look at it any more LOL
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
I'm getting angryer every second.
How the hell I connect that gyro via USB ?
I'm using Johns software. It says connected, but actually it's not. The Windows 7 doesn't find driver for USB adaptor.
What to do ?
And in which stage should I connect the gyro to PC ? When it's initializing, anytime etc.. ? And how to save changes and exit setup.
Thank you.
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:35 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I'm using Johns software. It says connected, but actually it's not. The Windows 7 doesn't find driver for USB adaptor.
What to do ?
And in which stage should I connect the gyro to PC ? When it's initializing, anytime etc.. ? And how to save changes and exit setup.
Thank you.
I assumed that you have already installed the USB driver when you first got the Tarot software. If that is true, then you can go to Device Manager before plug in the USB toggle. Soon after you plug in the USB doggle/interface, you should see a new device is added to the COM port. Device Manager will show the COM port number. You then set John software to use the same COM port number. When you unplug the USB interface, the new COM port will disappear.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:39 PM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
Okay, thanks for that.
I went straight to Johns software so maybe I skiped the driver. Ok I install first the official Tarot software.
But Can you answer When should I connect the gyro to PC ? In which stage ?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:40 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
864 Posts
Quote:
What to do ?
Thank you.
you have to install the driver before you connect the USB cable after you have done this and have the proper comport #
Connecting Tarot usb cable to computer (2 min 33 sec)
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:54 PM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Okay, thanks for that.
I went straight to Johns software so maybe I skiped the driver. Ok I install first the official Tarot software.
But Can you answer When should I connect the gyro to PC ? In which stage ?
As Black_heart said, install USB driver first. Driver software is under the driver folder of ZYX official program. For the rest, you follow the video ...

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:15 PM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
Black heart, that you very much.
Now how am I suppose to update gyro Firmware, since I'm able to connect just John software. Official Tarot software doesn't connect. I believe, because I can't select the com port in that application.
Any Ideas ?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:19 PM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Now how am I suppose to update gyro Firmware, since I'm able to connect just John software. Official Tarot software doesn't connect. I believe, because I can't select the com port in that application.
Any Ideas ?
First page of this thread has the link to Tarot website for downloading the latest firmware such as version 2.5 : http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?id=262

Tarot website has English instruction on the firmware upgrade.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:11 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Any Ideas ?
You can change the COM-port number of the USB-dongle in the device manager (if you're using Windows) or you can use the Tarot 3.0 software which allows you to select COM-ports up to COM20.

If you want to change the port number you plug-in the USB and then look for it under ports. Right click and select properties. Click on Advanced and change the port number. I've attached a picture but didn't have the USB-dongle at hand so I used the Intel SOL device as an example.
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Hi guys, I just wondering if I could find a tutorial that explain all all different setting do.
Because I have on my 250 a vertical tail wag that I don't know how to fix !
wamou is offline Find More Posts by wamou