to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:33 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
What? I'm not the one making a fuzz about ventilating an opinion.
Oh come on - you are regularly argumentative and rude, three people post an opinion different to yours so you respond with a long diatribe intended to undermine the other opinions. Why can you not understand that your rude, abusive postings will upset people?
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Last edited by MikeHRC; Jun 30, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:30 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Oh come on - you are regularly argumentative and rude, three people post an opinion different to yours so you respond with a long diatribe intended to undermine the other opinions. Why can you not understand that your rude, abusive postings will upset people?
Yes, I respond with my own opinion, which was exactly what I already emphasized in the previous comment. I'm not undermining anything, except for questioning the rather mindless recommendation of this custom PC software over the original software that's actually a very good choice to start with for most. I'm not rude, I'm just not afraid to ventilate my opinion.

Apparently you guys are all so hyped up about things like this, that it clouds your judgement. Thats great, but that doesn't mean there are no reasons not to question such hasty opinions of others.

Apparently you guys prefer to get upset whenever someone comes around with a different opinion. You guys really should take such things much more lightly or you will get incredibly disappointed in life for sure.

It's not a black and white world and I am not really flaming anything. Did you not read the arguments? You're really every bit as free to disagree with me as I am to disagree with you.

This takes away nothing of what John NZ has made either. In fact, I wish more people would invest time in building new software or better yet, new custom firmware adding features or fixes.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:48 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Quote:
I'm not undermining anything

I'm not rude,
Quote:
except for questioning the rather mindless recommendation of this custom PC software over the original software

Apparently you guys are all so hyped up about things like this, that it clouds your judgement.
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
It's not a black and white world and I am not really flaming anything. Did you not read the arguments? You're really every bit as free to disagree with me as I am to disagree with you.
That is a nice sentiment and absolutely correct on the surface. The problem is that you do not follow this. You always have to get the last word, it always needs to be your color. You have a lot of good input but your need to always "win" just closes minds and results a lot of noise in the threads you participate in to the point that you are being "ignored" and the drama overwhelms the core discussion. IMO in forum discussion it works best if the participants post their opinions/knowledge/experience let others agree/disagree and then let others make their own decisions. It gets very tiring when someone feels the need to go on and on doing everyone's deciding for them.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Old Jul 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
@Dr.M -

1. Make sure you are logged in
2. Click on "My RCGroups" near top of page
3. Click on "Edit Ignore List" under "Settings & Options" menu
4. Add member (or members) you wish to ignore
5. Click on "Save Changes"
Thank you sir for this tutorial, it will help me get back on topic, helicopters

Cheers,
Ken
Daddy. is offline Find More Posts by Daddy.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:45 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
That is a nice sentiment and absolutely correct on the surface. The problem is that you do not follow this. You always have to get the last word, it always needs to be your color. You have a lot of good input but your need to always "win" just closes minds and results a lot of noise in the threads you participate in to the point that you are being "ignored" and the drama overwhelms the core discussion. IMO in forum discussion it works best if the participants post their opinions/knowledge/experience let others agree/disagree and then let others make their own decisions. It gets very tiring when someone feels the need to go on and on doing everyone's deciding for them.
No, that's where you are incredibly wrong my friend. This is not about winning and I honestly couldn't care less about how many people add me to whatever ignore list. In fact, this saves me from many of the mindless attacks towards my person, instead of the contents of my posts like a good discussion demands.

Participating in a forum is not a contest to me. I don't get to have the last word at all and I don't win anything. It's not about winning. Heck, if you think that's what this is all about then you're really not comprehending what I'm talking about in the previous comment AT ALL.

Instead of focusing on what I've said, it's always about how I am supposed to be so rude simply because I have a different opinion. It's just plain sad man, it makes no sense.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:20 PM
Helis & Floatplanes
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
Using John_NZ's software, I easily and successfully cross-flashed my second CX-3X1000 gyro with the Tarot ZYX v2.5 firmware. This one is mounted on an HK-500GT. I will do the tail rotor/boom bonding as soon as I get a replacement tail rotor shaft - damaged in an instant tip-over, probably from a static attack. It seems this firmware is much more stable than the original CopterX firmware. Prior to updating the firmware, I take the case off the gyros and better insulate the case from the PC board - trimming the long leads that could contact the case, and check for shaky solder joints at the same time. On the first gyro I checked, a surface mount capacitor was loose and needed resoldering. The second (and newer) gyro was in good shape, except for the long leads.

Instead of stringing a wire to bond the tail rotor shaft, I used a double thickness of aluminum foil placed in the bearing race slot and ran it to where it could contact the tail boom - with an area of anodizing removed from the tail boom. This method gives conductivity without anything being exposed. On the other end of the boom, I ran a wire from a screw in the boom to the negative pin on the unused battery connector on the gyro. It worked very well on my HK-450, which now is extremely stable! Thanks Dr.M, for bringing the static issue to the forefront. BTW... I do use a Spektrum DX6i, with AR6200 and OrangeRX receivers. Never had a problem until I connected the 3X1000 into the system.

Thank you all for the great suggestions and the sharing of ideas. It looks like FBL is here to stay - can't wait to get a scale body on the ol' 500.
.: Ray :.
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Ray and all,

I have read a lot about upgrading firmware but no where do I see any discussion on the flight characteristic changes. Probably just my (lack of) searching skills.

My CX 3X1000 flys great to me as it is...but you know how we all like to tinker (me till failure sometimes!)

And will my saved ini's work?

Cheers,
Ken
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
950 Posts
Yes you can always put your saved INI file back in the CX-3X1000 by opening it with the program and do a force update.
By the way was great Flying with you today Hope to do it again soon.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
Yes you can always put your saved INI file back in the CX-3X1000 by opening it with the program and do a force update.
By the way was great Flying with you today Hope to do it again soon.
Same here and I really like your scale with retracts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:07 PM
Helis & Floatplanes
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy.
I have read a lot about upgrading firmware but no where do I see any discussion on the flight characteristic changes.
I wouldn't think that there would be any flight characteristic changes, as both the CopterX and Tarot units are basically identical. But I think that the Tarot firmware has been tweaked to prevent changing "Condition" modes on boot-up (which my first 3X1000 seemed to do), and also seems to lack "glitchiness" - which, in my case, could have also been from not having the tail rotor and boom bonded, allowing for static build-up.

The 3X1000 gyro's firmware can easily be changed back to the original version, thanks to that firmware being provided by CopterX. The .INI's are the same, so there is no problem loading default or custom configurations. All the necessary files for software and firmware versions are available on the first page of this thread, thanks to beenflying.

It's been said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". In my case, both CopterX gyro's resulted in instant tip-overs at liftoff. The cross-bred 3X1000 in my HK-450 is now doing very well, as I'm sure the second one in the HK-500GT will too.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
I wouldn't think that there would be any flight characteristic changes,

It's been said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Thanks Ray, I've not had issue with boot on mine and will heed your wise advice
Ken
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:23 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
950 Posts
Best way to keep from having a problem with it booting in the wrong mode is to set both modes the same.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:03 AM
Helis & Floatplanes
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart
Best way to keep from having a problem with it booting in the wrong mode is to set both modes the same.
Right on - especially since John_NZ includes a condition copying function in his software.

At the time it was happening to me, little was known about the Condition states, and my collective would come up reversed while doing bench testing. Drove me nuts for awhile. Tarot ZYX v2.5 firmware makes that a thing of the past.