HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
No it's not bricked, but the aileron issue is a worry.

Just power up the gyro with the button held and then use John's app to flash the CX v1.2 firmware in the first post of this thread.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
My gosh, PHMX... I do believe that if you were sitting all alone in an empty room, you could find some worthless subject to argue about.

Please do us all a favor - drop it and move on.

Thank you!
The ignore list worked will for me. The first time I've ever added anyone to it, but I just couldn't see the point of reading his posts.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Dr.M's Avatar
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
The ignore list worked will for me. The first time I've ever added anyone to it, but I just couldn't see the point of reading his posts.
how do you do that? I have a candidate for it too
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:25 AM
Helis & Floatplanes
Tahuyeh's Avatar
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
Ignore List

@Dr.M -

1. Make sure you are logged in
2. Click on "My RCGroups" near top of page
3. Click on "Edit Ignore List" under "Settings & Options" menu
4. Add member (or members) you wish to ignore
5. Click on "Save Changes"
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
No it's not bricked, but the aileron issue is a worry.

Just power up the gyro with the button held and then use John's app to flash the CX v1.2 firmware in the first post of this thread.
Thank you for your help. I succeded in reflashing it. Weird that i still have the Ail issue. Tried all channel in my rx (these works with pitch,ele,rudder) but Ail still not moving. I think it's the gyro unit or the wire? Opened the gyro to check solders, nothing wrong. Connection lead seems ok too for me....
beflifo is offline Find More Posts by beflifo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:50 AM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Glad I could help. I had a similar problem with the ZYX and it was the soldering of the MPU (biggest black IC). You could not tell by just looking at it. A single servo not working, has to be the gyro, not the leads to the Rx. Moving the pitch up and down should move all of the cyclic servos, and the elevator should move all servos as well.

One thing you can try, if you have the gyro open. With it running, press down firmly on the MPU, and see if the servo starts working.

I don't know where you got you gyro from. If it was eHirobo, they have very good customer service. You would probably only have to send them a video, to get a replacement.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
I got it from ehirobo. Unfortunately i tried your suggestion with no succes. Collective movement is ok, pitch movement ok, rudder ok, tail gain ok, only aileron is missing. All servos are working so now i think it's support time.
beflifo is offline Find More Posts by beflifo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 06:30 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beflifo View Post
Thank you for your help. I succeded in reflashing it. Weird that i still have the Ail issue. Tried all channel in my rx (these works with pitch,ele,rudder) but Ail still not moving. I think it's the gyro unit or the wire? Opened the gyro to check solders, nothing wrong. Connection lead seems ok too for me....
Are you positive that you have the Aileron connector the right way up ? having black / red / black leaves lots of scope for error. Try turning it through 180 degrees
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
tried swapping aileron connector from rx and also to gyro nut no success. Strange thing is when i move the gyro it compensate ailron, but it doesn't take any input from rx stick. I also checked my tx aileron stick and it is working with direct servo on rx. On collective, all 3 servos goes up and down, on pitch, elevator servo goes down, the front 2 goes up and vice versa. It must be something on the aileron input to the servo, still can't figure it. Output is fine because it does it's job by compensating
beflifo is offline Find More Posts by beflifo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 06:56 AM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beflifo View Post
I got it from ehirobo. Unfortunately i tried your suggestion with no succes. Collective movement is ok, pitch movement ok, rudder ok, tail gain ok, only aileron is missing. All servos are working so now i think it's support time.
I thought you meant the aileron servo wasn't moving. I now take it that the aileron stick does not make the servos move. This is very different.

If this is the case then the signal from the aileron channel is not getting to the gyro, or to the MPU in the gyro. This could be a faulty lead or an Rx issue. Make sure a servo plugged into the Rx aileron channel works and as Mike says that the lead is orientated correctly. IIRC the aileron lead has two black wires, so it's easy to get it wrong.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
Sure it's not an Rx issue because when i plug directly a servo on Rx aileron channel, it moves. For the lead problem, not a good idea to cut it and test with another for the warranty i think
beflifo is offline Find More Posts by beflifo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:11 AM
Texas NewB
Black_heart's Avatar
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beflifo View Post
For the lead problem, not a good idea to cut it and test with another for the warranty i think
use a multimeter and ohm it out
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
Just tested all wires and leads and all are ok with multimeter. However i noticed that one of the black wire is not connected to anything on the gyro circuit board. It is just soldered on the pcb and goes nowhere after.
beflifo is offline Find More Posts by beflifo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
My gosh, PHMX... I do believe that if you were sitting all alone in an empty room, you could find some worthless subject to argue about.

Please do us all a favor - drop it and move on.

Thank you!
What? I'm not the one making a fuzz about ventilating an opinion.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,229 Posts
Make sure your TX is in H-1 mode or one servo
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Darthdrk Drone CX Body for coax helis like the Blade CX etc. Twmaster Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 08, 2011 07:31 PM
Multiplex mc V2 servo programming PC software Thomas B Radios 3 Jul 23, 2006 09:49 AM